SpursNetwork

Player Power

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Player Power
« on: November 18, 2012, 04:03:53 PM »
Yesterday Lloris got the nod ahead of Friedal.

Now as many will be aware I have long said lets get Lloris taking the league games as he is our future between the sticks and Brad the cups, this though clearly wasn't going to happen and Lloris appeared to get a little rusty and made a few mistakes in his last Euro game.

I was actually surprised to see him get the nod in the game vs L Arse and I just think this was another example of player power and media rumbles.  Its funny this happens after the press only days before provided quotes from Lloris about how he is not happy bench warming and may be off.

I had hoped AVB would have a bit more about him minerals wise than to give into this type of shyte if that was the reasoning behind it.  I am certain the decision was not based on form as in the recent games played Brad has been more solid.

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Re: Player Power
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 04:14:47 PM »
Yesterday Lloris got the nod ahead of Friedal.

Now as many will be aware I have long said lets get Lloris taking the league games as he is our future between the sticks and Brad the cups, this though clearly wasn't going to happen and Lloris appeared to get a little rusty and made a few mistakes in his last Euro game.

I was actually surprised to see him get the nod in the game vs L Arse and I just think this was another example of player power and media rumbles.  Its funny this happens after the press only days before provided quotes from Lloris about how he is not happy bench warming and may be off.

I had hoped AVB would have a bit more about him minerals wise than to give into this type of shyte if that was the reasoning behind it.  I am certain the decision was not based on form as in the recent games played Brad has been more solid.
I'll even go further and say that Lloris wasn't very good yesterday. I feel he should have dealt better with Ars*nal's second and third goal but I agree that our defenders were the real culprits. Nevertheless, I wouldn't say he looked very comfortable yesterday. Yes, some good saves but he's supposed to be one of the TOP5 keepers in the world and make saves like these for breakfast. And, don't get me wrong, Lloris is not to blame for our loss and Friedel wouldn't have saved us either. I'm just saying that what you posted is right - Lloris was most likely given a start so that his agent and Deschamps would shut up, he didn't get the start because he's been training or playing better that Friedel.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 05:07:24 PM »
If it turns out to be the reason Lloris played was because of pressure from outside influences then I'm afraid we are heading down a very dangerous road. At Chelski AVB ignored all and did his thing and got the sack, ultimately letting others dictate to him who plays and who dosen't he will end up the same way !!!!

:nods:
I'm afraid AVB might well be making a rod for his own back once again !!!!
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 05:17:00 PM »
If it turns out to be the reason Lloris played was because of pressure from outside influences then I'm afraid we are heading down a very dangerous road. At Chelski AVB ignored all and did his thing and got the sack, ultimately letting others dictate to him who plays and who dosen't he will end up the same way !!!!

:nods:
I'm afraid AVB might well be making a rod for his own back once again !!!!

Well, what ever AVB does it never appears to be right. GOOD, LET'S SACK HIM ANYWAY
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 05:56:43 PM »
Lloris needs games otherwise he will loose confidence if nothing
else. Possibly shown at Emirates where he doesn't "know" his back four.

Lets see who plays between the sticks in the next couple of Europa
games.

Maybe Lloris will continue in Prem games and Friedel will play midweek.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 12:11:27 PM »
Lloris needs games otherwise he will loose confidence if nothing
else. Possibly shown at Emirates where he doesn't "know" his back four.

Lets see who plays between the sticks in the next couple of Europa
games.

Maybe Lloris will continue in Prem games and Friedel will play midweek.

IMO Lloris should have been put in to play league games from the start of the season and Brad the cups.

I have said this a few times, as at that stage Lloris was fresh at the club, raring to go and came of the back of a decent Euro campaign with France.  Instead we opted to play it the other way around.

Now, likley due to pressure AVB has put Lloris in ahead of Bard for the Arse game, Lloris who is clearly lacking in confidence and match sharpness, in addition to this i think he may well have doubts in his mind now if THFC is the future for him.  If this doubt has crept in we as a club will be a big loser with this player as he will be off.

If AVB drops Lloris for the next league game after shipping 5 at Ars*nal IMO that will be him finished at THFC, his confidence will nose dive and he will not see his future with us.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 12:59:14 PM »
Quite honestly any keeper would struggle behind our makeshift defence.  We have no left back, an over the hill CB and RB out of form. Coupled with the ever slower Huddlestone, who just stands and watches players go past him, is it all any wonder ? Lloris is in, and in to stay IMO.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 01:10:15 PM »
I hope you are right mate as if he is dropped in the next league game we may as well look elsewhere for a no1 for reasons already stated.

You are right our defence is poo, just when it started to look more solid last season we have now reverted back to being very weak at the back, the late goals consistently conceded just proves this.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 01:10:42 PM »
I wish the player power would work so that Dawson gets back in the team. His few outings have been rather promising.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 01:16:15 PM »
I wish the player power would work so that Dawson gets back in the team. His few outings have been rather promising.

Dawson has a slightly smaller international profile than the likes of Lloris, doesnt have an international manager in Deschamps fighting his corner and is also a nice humble guy!

I feel he should be starting as things currently stand and then maybe we will see him back at his best, which no one can argue we was solid then during his best seasons to date for us.

Big difference there!,, I fear we may lose him in Jan.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 06:41:54 PM »
I missed the saturday game due a week-end break out of reach of any TV and evidently I didn't miss much.

Suffice to say that I am disapointed that we lost and gutted at the 5-2 score. Same score as in Feb, but with ten men which makes it only slightly better. So no obvious comparison with Arry on this one.

Lloris should have been a starter from day one as far as I am concerned. There is no disputing how good Friedel has been, but he has never been a long term solution. Look at Saha and Nielsen last season!

I hope to see Friedel in Europa on Thursday and Lloris in the league at the week-end where he belongs.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 07:26:29 PM »

I agree. I saw him in the European game and I was impressed with him.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 08:04:46 AM »

Sorry Riff he's too slow and also switches off. A good squad member, no more. When we get Kaboul and BAE fit, Walker/Kaboul/Verthongen/BAE will be our best back 4 by far.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 09:45:34 AM »
Sorry Riff he's too slow and also switches off. A good squad member, no more. When we get Kaboul and BAE fit, Walker/Kaboul/Verthongen/BAE will be our best back 4 by far.
Can't be worse than Gallas is at the moment. The problem with Spurs is that there's always someone missing and when the club says someone will be out for three months, make it five. So, I really don't expect to see Assou-Ekotto and Kaboul in the near future. Same thing applies to Parker and Dembélé.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 01:05:22 PM »
Can't be worse than Gallas is at the moment. The problem with Spurs is that there's always someone missing and when the club says someone will be out for three months, make it five. So, I really don't expect to see Assou-Ekotto and Kaboul in the near future. Same thing applies to Parker and Dembélé.

Agreed.