SpursNetwork

Arrivals/Rumours thread

Offline Becks

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« on: April 22, 2007, 04:56:23 PM »
All a load of bollocks. If half of the stuff what we read in the paper is true, we'd win every trophy going.
''It's Ricky Villa, It's still Ricky Villa''

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Offical Summer Transfers Rumours Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 12:39:40 PM »
This is the official Summer Transfer Rumours thread. Post any RUMOURS you know of in here instead of individual topics!

Some stories that i have come across today... to be honest i don't think there all true, but if they are its more bad news than good

Tottenham's Ziegler wants Sampdoria stay      

Tottenham winger Reto Ziegler admits he wants to stay at Sampdoria. The Switzerland international is currently on-loan at Samp and said: "I hope that in June, when I discuss my position with Tottenham, they decide to let me stay because I am very happy in Genoa. I want to continue playing here.
 "I hope to have more chances so I can show everyone what I can do."
i think he is a good player and think we should keep him, but i don't think Jol likes him

Valencia rival Sevilla for Tottenham's Zokora      

Valencia are following Tottenham midfielder Didier Zokora. Los Che sports chief Amedeo Carboni had a scout at White Hart Lane on Saturday to watch the Ivory Coast international in action against Ars*nal.
 Along with Valencia, Sevilla are also keen on Zokora ahead of the summer market.
if Zok leaves i will cry

Celtic's Jarosik welcomes Tottenham link      

Celtic midfielder Jiri Jarosik has welcomed reports linking him with Tottenham. "I have read it [the transfer speculation] in the papers," Jarosik told Sport. "They are a superb team which always stays around fifth place.
 "The stadium is also always sold-out, a lot of derbies take place there. I see there only positives.
 "Anyway, I don't want to speculate about it now, let's wait for the end of the season.
 "The SPL is not bad, 60,000 people attend every game at Celtic Park, but the Premiership is something different.
 "You play at sold-out stadiums against high-quality teams. We will see after this season.
 "In the last month there was something about Manchester City. I am glad that they have not forgotten me in England.
 "I think I am an experienced player, I have already tasted England and I am not expensive. I am, let's say, suitable."
i think he is an OK player but he is not the answer to our problems

Man Utd maintain interest in Tottenham's Berbatov      

Manchester United are maintaining interest in Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov. The Daily Mail says Berbatov could emerge as a major target for United as talks are planned this week to discuss the future of Louis Saha.
i keep hearing this more and more, so there has to be some truth in it and by the sound of it its like there going to pull out all the stops to get it. and if he leaves i will also cry

Bale Again

Southampton starlet Gareth Bale could be set for a move to Tottenham Hotspur after news emerged suggesting that Manchester United and Liverpool were no longer interested in the player.
Dutch tactician Martin Jol is apparently keen to tie up the promising Welsh youngster before deciding wether to loan him out for a season or keep him at the club.
The Saints will demand that Spurs pay at least £7 million for the full-back.
Meh.... he scores good goals but need to improve on defending

Newcastle, Tottenham linked with Barcelona striker Saviola      

Newcastle United and Tottenham are chasing Barcelona striker Javier Saviola. The Argentine is off contract in June and admitted over the weekend he can't see himself staying in Spain.
 Saviola, 25, on £40,000 a week, wants a deal to be sorted out before the Copa America in June and has both Newcastle and Spurs circling, says the People.
i think he would be a good signing

And the rest......
just summarised buy me if you want to know me let me know

Tottenham are reported to be interested in Aston Villa midfielder Gavin McCann, who could be offloaded in the summer... Tottenham are bracing themselves for a move by Aston Villa for Robbie Keane, while Louis Saha has been linked with a summer switch....       Aston Villa are planning a bid for Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe. The Daily Mail says Defoe has scored 18 times in all competitions this season but appears to have been eased behind Robbie Keane in Martin Jol's pecking order...

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 01:01:52 PM »
Croatian international Jurica Vranjes admitted he wants to got to the English Premier League. The midfielder thins Everton and Tottenham Hotspur are his main targets.... What do yout think? Should Spurs sign this Werder Bremen-player?
AFC Ajax

Nobody likes us, we don't care
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 01:04:55 PM »
If the were all true we would soon be looking a relegation.

There isn't a chance all of them are going to happen.

I can't see berbatov leavin in the summer.

The only yteam really able to afford him would be chelsea and i dont see it happening

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 01:22:43 PM »
SAVIOLA!!!

Imagine him and Berba upfront with Keane in the hole. Incredible. Lets hope we sign him.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 04:16:34 PM »
That made sad reading it would seem from that that we are losing good players and getting in sub standard replacements. Saviola would be a good buy but I fear he would be coming as Berbatov's replacement. If we are to go forward we need to be hanging on to the good players and adding high quality players to the squad. We certainly dont want to be involved in any deal that brings Saha to the Lane we have enough injury prone players as it is.

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 05:05:15 PM »
I'd like to see Saviola and Bale come to us. I like Ziegler as well, he seems a very promising player, but I agree I can't see MJ putting him to use.

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 05:08:37 PM »
berbie aint goin anywhere

saviola=awsome

jarosik=mediocrity

didnt ziegler originally fall out with jol before his first loan?

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 06:24:42 PM »
I think Javier Saviola will preferr Villareal, as he like the Spanish League.
AFC Ajax

Nobody likes us, we don't care
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 06:57:07 PM »
Lol, if keane goes to Villa i will eat my hat*.

*If its a chocolate hat

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 07:44:40 PM »
Man Utd maintain interest in Tottenham's Berbatov

Manchester United are maintaining interest in Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov. The Daily Mail says Berbatov could emerge as a major target for United as talks are planned this week to discuss the future of Louis Saha.

United have to be the greatest pack of hypocrites ever, criticising other teams for expressing an interest in their players and going all out to get Hargreaves to join them.

Now they are using Hargeaves to lure Berbatov away from us.  I hope berbatov will stay, but if we do not secure uefa cup spot I expect him to go.:bye2:

Offline Storts

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 07:49:56 PM »
Reading have confirmed today that they have recieved and accepted a transfer bid for striker Kevin Doyle. The bid, believed to be around the £8 million mark, was faxed through this morning (Friday) from fellow Uefa Cup chasers Tottenham.

Reading Director of Football Nicky Hammond spoke to us about Doyles future:

"Everybody at Reading appreciates what Kevin has done for the club in the past two seasons. He is a very important player here but there comes a time when change happens"

But would Doyle be willing to leave Reading?

"We've spoken to Kevin since we first recieved the interest from Tottenham a few days ago. He was surprised but he admitted some interest in the offer. We are disappointed with this but we are grateful for his honesty. As far as contract negotiations go, who knows? Kevin and Spurs have not yet spoken. We'll see what happens when they get together in the next week or so"

Hammond did however refuse to be drawn on manager Steve Coppells view of the situation, and was similarly reserved over the future of midfielder Steve Sidwell:

"It's been well documented that Steve is out of contract in the summer and we don't expect him to stay. This doesn't mean that he will definately go however and he has not spoken to anyone else as yet"

Great news if true... no source to confirm were this rumour came from, but very interesting none the less.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 08:07:49 PM »
This is a bit odd. I dont think the transfer window is open at the moment are we allowed to tender bids when it is closed.I know a lot of wheeling and dealing goes on all the time but for a club to openly say they are in transfer talks sounds a bit fishy to me.

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 08:09:21 PM »
Ive been saying for a while get Doyle.

He's really good backup for Berbs and Keane.

Arrivals/Rumours thread
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 09:52:29 PM »
i'm sure you are allowed to arrange a fee and date for a transfer at any time during the season as long as the said date is within a transfer window and no money exchanging or player registration takes place before then.