SpursNetwork

Spurs 0 Chelsea 0

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Spurs 0 Chelsea 0
« on: November 29, 2015, 07:14:00 PM »
Not very impressed with Chelsea. As for Spurs; I thought they weren't impressive as previous matches (they looked tired). The three games showed its toll. But at least we didn't lose and also broke a Spurs record (13 games without defeat in the league). But overall a good result.

All the other teams drew today (apart from Liverpool). Spurs are 4 points behind the leaders.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Spurs 0 Chelsea 0
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 10:43:48 PM »
On another day, we would have put at least one in. The lads looked tired!

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 01:05:28 PM »
All things considered a good result I thought. That Chelsea gave us that much respect shows just how far we have come, and Toby man of match confirms that he has been our most important signing this year. A year or two ago, we would have got beaten 2 or 3 nil for sure. We are now able to dig out a result when we have to. Kane looked absolutely shattered at the end.
Some very encouraging signs are beginning to appear. A striker and pacy midfielder if we can find them will really put us in the mix I believe.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 03:52:16 PM »
When we've had three games in a week the last one has ended in a draw. And that last one was with a top four club (even though Chelsea are not in the top 4, if you know what I mean?). Considering everything I thought Spurs did well. We held them and pushed every minute of the 90 minutes. We also have gone 13 games without defeat. That is even better than Bill Nicholson. So roll on the next match.

Jane x

Offline RSS61

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 07:45:43 AM »
When we've had three games in a week the last one has ended in a draw. And that last one was with a top four club (even though Chelsea are not in the top 4, if you know what I mean?). Considering everything I thought Spurs did well. We held them and pushed every minute of the 90 minutes. We also have gone 13 games without defeat. That is even better than Bill Nicholson. So roll on the next match.

Jane x

Sorry to split hairs Jane, Spurs won the first 11 games of season 1960/61 and were undefeated for 16 games. But none the less, a great achievement so far, and who knows ? we may even go on to eclipse that record.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 12:00:54 PM »
A good day, but very frustrating. We started fine, but after awhile you could see we were tired. But at least we held the champions, and overall I thought we were a better side. Our next match, against WBA, won't be an easy one. They've been hit and miss of late, and we are on their ground. :hide:

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 10:49:03 AM »
A point il take, we have had a very tough few weeks all considered and to finish off with a three game haul like that the players should be very proud of themselves! We have made huge steps compared to other seasons and with are next few games we have a real chance to make a statement.
Leister have a real tough run off games now so this is our chance to push into the top 4 so come on lads let's put the icing on the cake.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Spursx

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 04:55:34 PM »
A good draw and a reasonable week. It is roughly duplicated as the other hard week we had. That is when we won 2 and drew the other. But Spurs are getting there and, what is more important, didn't lose.

A bad slip at the beginning of the season didn't dent our ambitions or fighting spirit.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 01:25:32 PM »

Jane x

Sorry to split hairs Jane, Spurs won the first 11 games of season 1960/61 and were undefeated for 16 games. But none the less, a great achievement so far, and who knows ? we may even go on to eclipse that record.

Yes, you are right, sorry for that slip up. Anyway, I hope this team can beat it. Only 4 matches to achieve that goal (I hope I am right this time :hide:).

Jane x

Offline RSS61

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 08:49:55 AM »

Jane x

Yes, you are right, sorry for that slip up. Anyway, I hope this team can beat it. Only 4 matches to achieve that goal (I hope I am right this time :hide:).

Jane x

Haha no worries - I have the advantage that I am old enough to remember !! Replying to your post on the WBA v Spurs subject, yes I agree, there are no nailed on top 4 sides this year, but I think they will all strengthen in January and we need to get in some pace on the wing, and a striker, so that we can better break down all the sides who now defend in numbers and play the quick counter attack against us. Then we will be ready ! :)