SpursNetwork

WC in Russia & Qatar

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
WC in Russia & Qatar
« on: December 02, 2010, 04:47:33 PM »
What do you think? You can't drink alcohol in Qatar. F that!
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline samtheball

Re: WC in Russia & Qatar
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 05:15:07 PM »
this is a total joke I think the 4 home nations should now withdraw from FIFA.

This is a corrupt group and we will never see the WC here again, unless Brazil fail to build their stadia on time. As England could host it tomorrow.

I from Northern Ireland feel let down by FIFA. 

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 05:19:34 PM »
I really do think the whole "bidding" process is ludicrous. I hate watching Blatter and co. being carted around like they're higher than royalty.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 05:56:12 PM »
Apparently Qatar is about the same size as Birmingham and in June and July its 43 degrees. FIFA even expressed Health concerns for fans and players in their report. It's all about palm greasing in the end.

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 07:46:19 PM »
This made me laugh. From the "Top 10 reasons to be cheerful that England won’t host the 2018 World Cup."

8) We won’t be severely delayed getting to work every day by a police roadblock set-up solely to allow Sepp Blatter to zoom past in a solid gold Mercedes converted to run on orphans’ tears and that comes complete with seal-skin seat covers hand-stitched together by blind Burmese children working for a penny an day.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/football-banter/2018-World-Cup-Awful-mascots-cringe-worthy-EastEnders-scenes-and-German-fans-celebrating-in-the-fountains-of-Trafalgar-Square-Top-10-Reasons-to-be-cheerful-that-England-won-t-be-hosting-the-2018-World-Cup-article642551.html#ixzz16z7AnulR

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 09:20:10 PM »
What do you think? You can't drink alcohol in Qatar. F that!

lol, that was the first thing i thought. Not that Scotland will make it but that didnt stop me spending some time in Germany enjoying 2006.

I honestly can't believe the results, just a farce. I keep hearing people say Russia is cheap, are they having a laugh? Its cheap if you are a local but everyone else gets ripped off buying beer, food taxis you name it. Moscow and St Petersberg. Been to them both and i kid you not i was never in a taxi with a fare of less than £25 even if the journey was about a mile.

As for Qatar, a country smaller in size than the Highlands of Scotland and a population of approx 600K? Are all the locals going to have to go to three games a day?

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 04:26:33 AM »
Qatar's population is 1.7 million. But I have a feeling that that World Cup will probably be the worst ever. I mean come on, they only have one major urban area, less population than Metro Vancouver (which has around 2.2 million) and a football squad that has NEVER made the World Cup. Even Canada's made it more than Qatar :lol: (1986, plus they almost made USA 1994).

Also, it was assessed an overall high risk. Shows to go ya. Sepp Blowhard is only concerned about dosh. He doesn't care about the players or the fans. :tickedoff: He's like that crook Jack Warner, except at least Warner's only in charge of CONCACAF. (aka CONCACRAP)

« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 04:30:41 AM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 02:54:37 PM »
I'm afraid that if England ever want the WC again then we are going to have to learn to play the game the way FIFA like it with 'special gifts' and hospitality for members etc....

Unfortunately long gone are the days of the best or most apt bid winning, it is now down to political interest and money making potential as are most things in life. FIFA is now only really interested in how much money the tournament will make for FIFA and dress this up in a lame excuse of spreading football to areas where it is a minority sport. You would hope that in time things will change due to some badly organised tournaments like South Africa but while you have global corporations like Coca Cola, Nike etc etc paying vast sums of money to be associated with it then FIFA won't care.

:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 09:14:19 AM »
Apparently Sepp Blatter was aske who his favourite Qatar player was and he said Eric Clapton  :dance:

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 10:53:42 AM »
Apparently Sepp Blatter was aske who his favourite Qatar player was and he said Eric Clapton  :dance:

ROFL !!!!!!  :2funny:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 05:28:36 PM »
I think  FIFA have got it spot on.... it aint just about the 'technical' superiority and the commercial side...

FIF RIGHTLY have looked into the grassroots development of the game and how the countries invest in the game at youth-level upwards.... they also take into account how countries promote Sport as a way to the health and fitness of the entire nation.... and in that England have been sorely lacking with the crippling cuts to funding football playing-fields for youngsters, the way the Premier League especially think they are 'above FIFA' in trying to bully and promote their interests (friendly-matches attitude)...

also the pathetic attempt to roll out 'popstars' like William and 'Dave' Cameron as well as the ubiquitous Beckham in the hope of blinding poor simple 3rd-world commitee members with the 'glamour' of meeting such 'stars' and having their pics taken on a mobile-phone... in a grand-finale attempt to schmooz failed miserably....

Russia and especially Qatar deserve it.... Qatar has invested billions in developing Sport (not just football) throughout the Middle-East and Asia and fully deserve the recognition of a WC...

Ingerland should shut their mouths more and listen to what the rest of the footballing-world is saying to them: the Premier League is entertaining (thanks to exhorbitant SKY subscriptions) and very rich.... but you dont call the shots, the rest of the world WILL have their say too...

in your face Premier League.... in your face F.A.