SpursNetwork

Hell will freeze over before I join Spurs

Offline Spursx

• Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Hell will freeze over before I join Spurs
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 07:43:54 PM »
I don't really care about his comments, footballers say and do stupid things all the time. What I do care about is would Spurs be getting a player that is better than what we already have? Well probably yes, all in all the only player who plays in a similar role to him which is probably a better player is Eriksen. However, would I want him at Spurs? No, because even though he is better than most of our current players he is still below the level of quality we need if we are going to make significant progress in the league. Until we get a player close to the quality of Bale, VDV, or Modric, then we will only ever move sideways at best and not upwards. The problem is Hell will probably freeze over before I see Spurs challenge for the title.

Players do say stupid things, however, when those players are Ars*nal and the stupid thing is about Spurs and then put that with that player joining us! Not a good omen. He is opening himself up for abuse.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Hell will freeze over before I join Spurs
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 01:05:31 PM »
I don't really care about his comments, footballers say and do stupid things all the time. What I do care about is would Spurs be getting a player that is better than what we already have? Well probably yes, all in all the only player who plays in a similar role to him which is probably a better player is Eriksen. However, would I want him at Spurs? No, because even though he is better than most of our current players he is still below the level of quality we need if we are going to make significant progress in the league. Until we get a player close to the quality of Bale, VDV, or Modric, then we will only ever move sideways at best and not upwards. The problem is Hell will probably freeze over before I see Spurs challenge for the title.

Players do say stupid things, however, when those players are Ars*nal and the stupid thing is about Spurs and then put that with that player joining us! Not a good omen. He is opening himself up for abuse.

He is supposed to be a professional player and at his age he might not have many choices, so his comments were stupid. Ars*nal have no loyalty towards him so showing loyalty to them is stupid. The same applies to any club.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.