SpursNetwork

White Heart Lane a black hole?

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
White Heart Lane a black hole?
« on: January 31, 2011, 10:05:21 PM »
A black hole is a region of space from which nothing, not even light, can escape.

I still don't understand why we would sign a new contract with Pav when Redknapp doesn't even consider him a plan B option. It is always Crouch.

We've had this reputation for being a black hole in the career of many players and things like this certainly don't help. Bentley, Dos Santos, Pavlyuchenko, O'Hara, Krancjar. The list goes on and on and on.

Why do we have so many players our manager doesn't want (despite what he says to the media) and then not sell them? Why is it always loan deals? I'm getting f**king sick of this. We're not Man City FFS. These can't even be considered squad players because Redknapp will never play them. I honestly don't think that Pienaar is a better player than Krancjar so what did Niko do that was so wrong?

Why couldn't Niko or Pav even get into the squad against Fulham? Could it have been worse?

Would you want to come to White Heart Lane if you were an up and coming player when you see what happens if you're not considered part of the favorite XI?

:tossa: :idiot2: :'( :tickedoff: >:(
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline aspursfan

Re: White Heart Lane a black hole?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 10:08:49 PM »
Please forgive me for the volume and variety of frowning/angry yellow faces.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 10:13:44 PM »
Its clear in the professional world Arry is a manager that does well bringing the best out of certain types of players but also has his favourites which certain professionals may be put of by, Defoe and Crouch while at the club will always be A and B regardless how their form dips or their lack of goals!

You mention Dos Santos totally gutted he hasnt had more chances, along with Pav, Kran, Walker and Sandro to mention but a few.

As it stands our strike force just is not good enough to earn us a top 4 finish, without Bale we look short of ideas so are we really that much of a 1 man team dependable on Bale?

I would have thought us being in the CL last 16 would have attracted at least tempted one decent top drawer striker!! maybe its our wage structure that puts them off also????

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 10:15:11 PM »
No wants are deadwood, simples.

Woodgate could of gone to Wovles on loan, but he turned it down.

No 1 wants to come to a club, for eg theres already 3-4 forwards here and will not always be in the starting 11. Weekend in and out.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 10:31:01 PM »
Woodgate is different than the others. If he manages to get fit, he's in the starting XI in my opinion. He's better than Dawson and Bassong in almost every area other than his age and injury problems. He's just been injured. Then again maybe Harry doesn't like him either. Who knows!? I'd probably play Woodgate and Gallas if Woodgate was fit.

I think if we'd actually brought in someone like Forlan, Aguero, Rossi they'd be starting games. Supposedly we bid for them, but I wonder how much of that was smoke and mirrors. It's just frustrating to me that we're loaning out players who will probably never use and it's not like we're developing them as players. We just don't want to pay their wages and they don't want to sit on the bench with no chance of playing.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 11:39:09 PM »
ASF.... you should understand this...

most every single fan will have a rather limited viewpoint and appreciation of the tactical and strategic needs of a team to satisfy its objectives.... the level of subtleties involved may well exceed the average fan's ability to digest and this in turn can lead to an over-simplified perspective of what is, what's needed and even what should be...

but the more enlightened will sense that things are never quite that simple...

and FYI.... Pienaar IS a better player to Kranjcar....physically, technically and tactically...

things are not as bad as you currently see them to be....

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 11:46:30 PM »
Luckily I have an enlightened individual such as yourself to offer your opinions as facts.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 11:51:35 PM »
Luck has little to do with it  :up:

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 02:41:02 AM »
Id rather have Pienaar upfront than crouch right about now.

Offline OL'BOLTY

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 11:12:31 AM »
White Hart Lane....harrrrrrumphhhh
EL PRESIDENTE

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 11:49:10 AM »
Harry is a good manager but with tactics and transfers he is totally clueless. Why the f**k would we need Phil Neville? We already have 17 RB's, Pienaar!?!?! Not really needed and we have to pay him 70,000 a week! As for Adam we have so many midfielders its ridiculous but i would probably chose him over Jenas & Palacios, not Huddlestone though. This window has been a complete wasted opportunity and i just waiting for the line up we will have tomorrow to top it all off, Crouch up front i can see it now. I honestly feel like when we were bottom of the league on 2 points, that was a false position and we were never going to go down. But here we have thrown away a great opportunity, same old Spurs 1 step forward and 3 steps back. Sort it out Twitch! YID ARMY

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 11:57:45 AM »
it never ceases to amaze how the ignorant fan can turn against a player so quickly after the guy has played so well last season, scored and assisted for fun in some silly, low-grade competition like the Champions League and has even provided so many assists for goals this season that I've lost count..

Crouch hasnt scored goals alot in the Prem this year, but he has made scores for others..... to think that the guy who scored late in the 2nd at Eastlands late last season taking us into the CL, would/could be so vilified by stupid little oiks is beyond me...

Crouch gives us an option upfront that very few teams possess.... he will continue to play a leading role in the team, whether he scores another league goal this season or not..

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 12:12:10 PM »
The problem with Crouch is that his presence dictates the way we play. It's long ball and hope for a knock down. Which would be fine if Crouch was as dominant in the air as his size would suggest he should be. Other coaches know this and set out accordingly, that tactic becomes redundant and we never seem to have a plan B or if we do we dont implement it till it is too late.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 12:34:29 PM »
if Crouch is soooo not dominant in the air as you say, how has he managed to provide so many knockdowns for goals to the likes of Vaart in the league even this season ??..... how has he managed to be so lethal in the Champions League ??.... how has he managed 1 goal per 2 games played for England ??.... how did he manage to play a strong role last season for Spurs ??....

you mistake a loss of scoring with a loss of form.... scoring has a random probability element to it, in the short-term eg. even over 10-20 games it can APPEAR that you cannot score.... Shearer went something like 20 games without scoring for England before Euro'96.... guess who ended up the topscorer in that competition ??

even this season, if you take Crouch's total outings in all competitions, his goals+assists ratio per game is not at all bad... just that thru random-chance his short-term goalscoring rate in the Prem has fluctuated to a low level for Crouch...

its abit like tossing a coin 6 times and it comes up heads 5 times.... unlikely but perfectly within the normal short-term fluctuation range..... over 100 spins it will THEN even out at roughly 50-50...

the problem isnt Crouch per se, its our lack of balance in the strikeforce... if we had someone strong, pacy, with powerful- shot like Martins to feed of Crouch Spurs would have a better balance upfront.... and more goals.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 12:39:32 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 01:00:53 PM »
GK I have taken you off ignore, no surprise to see you are still spouting rubbish and backing those that are not good enough for our team and way of play!  Though I do rate Jenas as a useful squad player!

Right back on ignore!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!