SpursNetwork

At what price?

At what price?
« on: May 26, 2007, 12:02:15 PM »
Recent talks about a takeover bid for THFC has got me thinking.When Ibramovic bought Chavski,he turned the club into a circus.By throwing bags-full of cash around and buying loads of top players,he made a Pot Noodle club (Instant team-just add money)Every football fan in the country immediately lost respect for the club.I can imagine even the Chavski fans cringed at the time.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned,but I believe a football club has a soul.I would hate it if we went down the same road.I believe that a club should use it's accademy,and it's scouts to find good players at good prices.I want success,of course I do,but I would personally rather wait a bit longer and do things the right way.

So the question I'm asking is this:How far are you willing to see our beloved club go in the name of success?
"I swear by almighty God
to be a yid,a whole yid and nothing but a yid
I promise to raise my kids in the way of the yiddo
and protect them from the evil in red"

Yidesis,chapter one,verse one

At what price?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 12:10:06 PM »
I totaly agree with you mate, i'd much rather see a team use its money just from merchandise and tickets etc, MUCH more rewarding.

Chelsea can afford to spend £30million on a 30 year old flop, any other team does that theyre screwed for a while. They still can't win the title, how embaressing. Id feel ashamed if i was a Chelsea fan.

Sure, if a new owner can give you a fairly big budget, great. But the bank of Abrimovic is quite impossible to break from buying players.

Offline yidmafioso

• Season Ticket: No
At what price?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 12:23:37 PM »
Some people may disagree but in my opinion bought success would be a little hollow.It would really make me proud if a team matured and grew together to become great just like uniteds kids did back in the nineties.I dont think we are likely to get mega investment like chelsea or liverpool therefore we have to trust the board and the managers savvy.I think daniel levy,commoli and jol have done a fantastic job.Frank arnescum can kiss my a rse!
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

At what price?
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 01:06:47 PM »
I doubt it that we will get taken over by a foreign owner even if we did it will only destroy what the board have done in rebuilding our team and challenging for trophies that will come for sure. The manager and the Chairman have  done a fantastic job in rebuliding our team, As far as Frankarne scum he can get lost in chelski prick.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 10:31:25 PM by Dj Frisky »

At what price?
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 07:04:43 PM »
I could not agree more.  Whilst it may sound like sour grapes, I really do not think it is.  I am sure that an honest Chelsea fan would agree that to do it "the proper way" would be far more rewarding, and satisfying.  

I cannot wait until Abramovich leaves, and it will happen surely

Berba's girl

At what price?
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 11:15:32 AM »
I would hate it if Spurs achieved success the Chelsea way. It's all about cash & nothing else. There's no spirit & soul (which I think was mentioned above). Slow steady progress is fine by me. Spurs fans are loyal & verrrrrrrrry patient so I'm sure we can wait another few years. However, we can all see that the club is already on the right track and that's partly due to MJ. Can't see us being a mid-table club anymore unless something went drastically wrong.

At what price?
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 12:52:10 PM »
i would hate it. it would be something you cant go back on. people i will always remember chelsea for there money even after they have gone bank crupt.
bill nicholson will be turning in his grave if we were sold to russia or america.