SpursNetwork

Curtis Davis

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Season Ticket: No
Curtis Davis
« on: May 23, 2007, 09:34:01 AM »
Over the recent weeks and months, we have been linked with a vareity of CB's.....
Bouhlarouz,
Distin,
Kaboul etc.

But what about Curtis Davis form West Brom who we tried to sign last summer?
Yes, he may be a little expensive at around £9-10 million, but compared to the players on the above list he is young talented and has prem experiance.

Boulharouz and Distin both have prem experiance but Boulharouz i recken is garbage n cost Chavski bout £8mill. Distin on the other hand is on a free transfer but can be alittle dodgy at times, plus quite abit older than Davis. Another Antony Gardner is you ask me.

On to Kaboul. Don't know alot about him, is priced around £8mill again and is young, but morst importantly doesn't have any experiance of the pace in the English premier league.

So my choice would be to go for Curtis Davis. He's young, 22 i think, good repuation as an excellant young centre half, would offer excellant cover for both Dawson and King. Could even play him as he wouldn't be a big step down in class form the starting two.
Most importanly for Davis he is English and knows the Enghlish game inside out, from experiance last season (2005-2006) in the Prem with West Brom!

Your thoughts and suggestions please....

COYS!!!!!!!!!
COYS!

Curtis Davis
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 09:46:23 AM »
f*ck curtis davis for 10m.....kaboul will do fine, he's a classy c/b i've seen him a few times and allways looks good on and off the ball..

as for no experiance....neither did mr berbatov

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
Curtis Davis
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 09:54:04 AM »
Quote from: spurs_craig;9773
as for no experiance....neither did mr berbatov

Berbatov is possibly one of the best players in the world right now! And every player adapts differently to a new league - Kaboul may very well fit in fine, or he may not, you can't be sure.
At least with Davis, there is a player who knows the pace of the Prem already!

Just my opinon mind!

COYS!!!!!!!!!!!
COYS!

Curtis Davis
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 10:23:35 AM »
Don't want Distin he can go to Pompey but would rather have Kaboul. As I have said it is difficult for every foreign player but players like Berbatov have fitted in well and Kaboul can too but I do agree you can't always be sure.

Curtis Davies already had played premiership football and haven't forgotten that he scored at the Lane in the 2005/2006 season a game which we eventually won 2-1.

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Curtis Davis
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 10:30:09 AM »
10mil is a bit too much for Davies, don't rate it that high tbh. kaboul and Distin would be great addition to the squad. Distin is a decent defender and won't cost us anything in transfer fees. he's better than Gardner anyways.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
Curtis Davis
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 10:32:46 AM »
Im thinking Distin may have signed for Pompy in the last day or so, can't be sure tho :g:
COYS!

Curtis Davis
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 06:18:21 PM »
Also remember with kaboul, he won't be straight into the team, so he'll have time to learn from his teammates and a few sub apperarances before he becomes a first choice cb (if he ever does).

Offline Becks

Curtis Davis
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 06:21:42 PM »
I read some where, that some scouts from a european team [Can't remember what team it was] Claimed Kaboul is one of the 3 best CB's in Europe U-23.
''It's Ricky Villa, It's still Ricky Villa''

Offline THWH90

• In With The ITKs
    • http://www.spursnetwork.com
Curtis Davis
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 10:30:05 PM »
I've heard that we've made a £5 million bid + Routledge. So I'll be happy if we get him.

But Villa have made a £6 million bid + £1 million add-ons.

So looks as thought they're in poll position to get him, but I think he would rather move to Spurs, as in both cases he wouldn't start regularly. Hope he does choose Spurs too :), to give us a very good ?4th choice? CB. Strengthening our defence, and I'm sure if Kaboul/Dawson get injured, we will regret not getting him.
Get Moussa Sissoko In Spurs!!!!

And come on City, break that bloomin' top 4!

Curtis Davis
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 07:11:34 AM »
Well, we'll see how it goes ...
----------------

Curtis Davis
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 08:56:35 AM »
Quote from: THWH90;20229
I've heard that we've made a £5 million bid + Routledge. So I'll be happy if we get him.

But Villa have made a £6 million bid + £1 million add-ons.

We do not want to get caught up in an auction for him, as that would just push up the price.  I am confident that he would pick us over villa, but need to get him at a fair price.

Offline WexfordSpur

• http://www.wexfordcoys.com
Curtis Davis
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 09:18:58 AM »
Quote from: THWH90;20229

So looks as thought they're in poll position to get him, but I think he would rather move to Spurs, as in both cases he wouldn't start regularly. Hope he does choose Spurs too :), to give us a very good ?4th choice? CB. Strengthening our defence, and I'm sure if Kaboul/Dawson get injured, we will regret not getting him.

Like you say "4th Choice", again, not someone we need to spend that kind of money on - we could get a very good left winger for that, and if we are going to spend more money this year, it is left sided players we need most - in that position the player could be 1st choice!
COYS!

Offline Jordan

Why we need Curtis Davis
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 09:23:07 PM »
We need him! Anthony Gardner and Rocha are not capable of playing centre back with kaboul, dawson, anyone. And i don't want to say this but, but ledley king will never be fully fit again. He obviously has some serious knee injury. He has had countless amount of surgery on it. And it is not getting fixed. He cannot play a month without getting injured. I think we need to appoint a new full time captain and forget about ledley king. Dawson for captain.

Offline Storts

Curtis Davis
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 10:21:51 PM »
In a sense I agree with you.

No one wants to accept defeat in ledley's case but I think it is inevitable that he will have to retire soon.

Davies is a good prospect and I would sign him

Curtis Davis
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 10:30:14 PM »
He's an overrated Gardner-like tw@t who is injury prone.

Don't need him.

King
Dawson
Kaboul
Rocha
Dervitte

Is fine.