SpursNetwork

Spurs sign Younes Kaboul?

Offline THWH90

• In With The ITKs
    • http://www.spursnetwork.com
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2007, 09:37:35 AM »
It's cos Jol was swaying towards buying C.Davies, but now has realised that he wants Kaboul and so will try and get him by next week.
Get Moussa Sissoko In Spurs!!!!

And come on City, break that bloomin' top 4!

« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2007, 10:54:51 AM »
If all this is true, we will have to loose either Gardner or Rocha, will we ever need 5 CB's!??

UNLESS MJ is thinking he cant guarentee we ill have Ledders for all of next season, if he was out - and the unthinkable were to happen, say Daws or Rocha was to break a leg - with 5 CB's at the club we would still have 2 good players infront of Robbo with another still in waiting on the bench????

Maybe we wont sell untill Leder's can show he will not be carrying injuries for the whole of his playing life????

Time will tell
JUANDEFUL!

Offline Hod10

« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2007, 11:04:35 AM »
We absolutely do need 5 CBs at club at present - remember last season - being reduced to playing Chimbonda at CB?

We can't rely on Ledley - great player but injury-prone

As far as I can see Gardner is a better CB than Rocha - and from what I remember Jol thought so too as he picked a fit TG in front of him

Fact is Daws and Rocha are not a pacy combo

So why people (on various sites) keep talking of selling TG is beyond me

Ok if we buy Kaboul/Davies and whoever proves they can play at prem level then think of selling one CB - but not before

It's also worth noting that TG gives us extra cover at LB

I have a feeling that Rocha might be good as RB cover -

« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2007, 10:40:24 AM »
Just seen on Santana sports that the auxerre top man has said that they are in advanced talks with spurs and it should go though within the next week!!

Offline Hod10

« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2007, 12:29:40 PM »
The 'vibe from the ITKs' has remained pretty constant over the last fortnight or so that the deal would be announced after Jun 30 - so Mon Jul 2 seems most likely

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2007, 06:44:06 PM »
Auxerre have revealed that star defender Younes Kaboul is closing in on a move to Tottenham Hotspur.

The France Under 21 captain has been a long-term transfer target for Martin Jol and sporting director Damien Comolli, and weeks of negotiations now appear to be bearing fruit.

Auxerre vice-chairman Gerard Bourgoin has admitted that the highly-rated youngster is close to signing a contract with the Premier League side, in a deal worth a reported £8.2million.

"The negotiations are very advanced," Bourgoin told AFP. "The discussions are very serious with Tottenham but there are still a number of details to finalise.

"But we can remain optimistic about the end of the negotiations."

Spurs already boast young international defenders in Ledley King and Michael Dawson, and the imminent acquisition of Kaboul will further underline their determination to build a squad capable of challenging for a top-four spot.

Source: SkySports

Looks like he's finally joining us.

« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2007, 07:50:08 PM »
I can't wait for this one to be put to bed.I've heard of dragging things out but come on!!!!!!!

« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2007, 09:15:46 PM »
Quote from: chkthfc;13505
I can't wait for this one to be put to bed.I've heard of dragging things out but come on!!!!!!!

Agree totally, lets get it done

« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2007, 06:34:00 AM »
Well , on the 5 CBs point ... I can't really say I am excited with the prospect of Rocha or Gardner starting a game ...
----------------

Offline Hod10

« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2007, 09:20:25 AM »
Quote from: lyubokick;13548
Well , on the 5 CBs point ... I can't really say I am excited with the prospect of Rocha or Gardner starting a game ...

Fair Enough Lyubo :) But if Spurs had to play tomorrow it would be Daws and TG starting - if Daws is still injured it would be RR & TG-

TG is proven prem quality and I think we he will show that again next season - I'm hoping RR can do that too - though something tells me he'll be a better RB than CB - but it's early days with him yet - I certainly see him as a utility player -

That's why for me it would be a mistake to ship out either - and so far (and far more importantly) it seems that Jol & Co are of a similar belief

Offline THWH90

• In With The ITKs
    • http://www.spursnetwork.com
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2007, 10:56:03 AM »
We should sell Gardner/Rocha, most probably Gardner, as we've bought Rocha recently...

For me, both defenders should be starting as few games as possible, it makes me worry for our defence especially if Rocha is @ CB.

They are both useful though for the early stages of the domestic Cup games though. And Rocha may be really good @ CB in the European games...
Get Moussa Sissoko In Spurs!!!!

And come on City, break that bloomin' top 4!

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2007, 01:01:07 PM »
I thought Rocha did pretty well when he was played at Left Back at the end of the season and I think with a full preseason programme he may well be better this term. I would certainly prefer him to Gardner whos defending in any position scares me half to death.

« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2007, 02:25:31 PM »
I have to agree Gardner has never instilled me with hope either...and ROCHA, well I will give him one more chance, just to see if some time and pre-season will pay off for him.
[SIZE=[SIZE="4][/SIZE]"]Whitehart[/SIZE]:football:
[SIZE=[SIZE="4][/SIZE]"]Long Live Ramos !!![/SIZE]

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2007, 06:05:54 PM »
I hope Kaboul can settle straight in, King will most probably miss the start of the season. As you all say, Gardner doesnt instill us with much confidence when he plays. Normally takes a couple of games for him to settle in, even then he's still usless. Keep Rocha though, versatile and a decent defender.

« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2007, 06:58:08 PM »
Defo need another quality CB so hoping Kaboule is him, dread to think how much better we would of been last season if king hadnt been out for so long or if we had some1 quality filling in. Wonder how many goals gardner was at fault for either directly or indirectly, im guessing quite a few.