Newcastle v Tottenham
« on: April 19, 2015, 08:07:24 AM »

Newcastle
____

v
____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 19th April  - KO 16:00  - Ground: St James Park

Newcastle captain Fabricio Coloccini is available again after suspension but Moussa Sissoko and Papiss Cisse are still banned.
Siem de Jong could be involved for the first time since he suffered a collapsed lung in August.
Tottenham will assess Hugo Lloris and Kyle Walker, who are nursing knee and foot problems respectively.
Jan Vertonghen will also be monitored following an illness, while several other unnamed players are doubts.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Newcastle v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 09:20:23 AM »
Always difficult up North, so I hope we'll get at least a point out of this game.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 04:24:19 PM »
Lamela and Paulinho have been so useless it hurts.

edit: Please, get Lamela out of this club ASAP. The same applies to Baldini who brought this miserable clown to Spurs.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 04:48:32 PM by RiffHard »

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 07:21:03 PM »
A good results that moves us up one and Southampton down one (who we got next). I think we've lost a top 4th spot, but that doesn't mean we've lost out on 5th spot. We are on equal points at Liverpool (who have better goal difference, but not by much).

Good result for Sherwood today. Now let us hope that he beats the Arse at the final. I am sure all Spurs fans and non Ars*nal fans will be cheering Villa on.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 11:24:30 PM »
My first trip to Newcastle, thought we played well at times. Worth the trip Im on me last train home.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 12:36:01 PM »

edit: Please, get Lamela out of this club ASAP. The same applies to Baldini who brought this miserable clown to Spurs.

Riff I agree with you about Lamela's performance on Sunday, but I thought Paulinho had possibly his best game in a Spurs shirt, he worked hard and his passing and support play was also very good. Considering the amount of starts that he has had in the PL this year, I thought overall he had a very good game. :up: :up:
:SN:[font

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 12:50:00 PM »

Riff I agree with you about Lamela's performance on Sunday, but I thought Paulinho had possibly his best game in a Spurs shirt, he worked hard and his passing and support play was also very good. Considering the amount of starts that he has had in the PL this year, I thought overall he had a very good game. :up: :up:

To be fair, he improved in the second half, so I'll take back what I said about him. About Lamela, though, I have even more horrible things to say.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 12:52:08 PM »
A good results that moves us up one and Southampton down one (who we got next). I think we've lost a top 4th spot, but that doesn't mean we've lost out on 5th spot. We are on equal points at Liverpool (who have better goal difference, but not by much).

Good result for Sherwood today. Now let us hope that he beats the Arse at the final. I am sure all Spurs fans and non Ars*nal fans will be cheering Villa on.

Voice,
         I don't know whether you realise it or not, but if Villa win the Cup and we finish 7th, as I understand it, Villa will qualify for the Europa League next season at our expense,(as Runners Up in League Cup) which could possibly mean that a few of our "Star Players" may well leave us.
         I have mixed feelings about the Europa League, I think that playing in it has possibly cost us Champions League qualification on more than one occasion, because whenever we have played a Europa game, the next PL game we played we invariably Lost or Drew. I realize that as a Club we need European Football of some description for financial reasons, but at what cost?   :-\ :-\ :-\
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 01:42:32 PM »

To be fair, he improved in the second half, so I'll take back what I said about him. About Lamela, though, I have even more horrible things to say.

Paulinho was given man of the match - maybe a bit generous though. As for the other comments on Europa League, I am all for it, providing that we have a suitable squad to rotate.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 04:20:46 PM »

Voice,
         I don't know whether you realise it or not, but if Villa win the Cup and we finish 7th, as I understand it, Villa will qualify for the Europa League next season at our expense,(as Runners Up in League Cup) which could possibly mean that a few of our "Star Players" may well leave us.
         I have mixed feelings about the Europa League, I think that playing in it has possibly cost us Champions League qualification on more than one occasion, because whenever we have played a Europa game, the next PL game we played we invariably Lost or Drew. I realize that as a Club we need European Football of some description for financial reasons, but at what cost?   :-\ :-\ :-\

Yes, I did realise that and I am in two minds over it. On one hand do we really want to be in it? On another, and as you say, we could lose a lot of players or not get the new ones we want. All I can really say is that it is not in my hands. But saying all that; we might not need Ars*nal to win. We could do it on our own. We've got Southampton (away), City (Home), Stoke (away), Hull (Home) and Everton (away).

Liverpool have six games left and the hardest they've got will probably be against at Stamford Bridge. Southampton have 5 games left and their two hardest matches will be against Spurs and City. So there is a good chance we might not need Ars*nal to win. We might not know until the last game of the season.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 05:16:59 PM »
Southampton (away), City (Home), Stoke (away), Hull (Home) and Everton (away) - I can see us beating Man City and drawing/losing against the others. That would be so typical of us... However, now I've said it, it will definitely go the other way.  :D

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 07:03:25 PM »
Southampton (away), City (Home), Stoke (away), Hull (Home) and Everton (away) - I can see us beating Man City and drawing/losing against the others. That would be so typical of us... However, now I've said it, it will definitely go the other way.  :D

Hi, I can see us beating City, as you said, but I think the other teams will be a greater problem. The game against Newcastle was of poor quality and I think most teams could have beat them on that day. But we won and that is all that should concern us. Next stop is Southampton and that will be a tricky game. If we can get a result on their ground I will be more optimistic after that.

Jane x

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 07:07:05 PM »

Hi, personally I would rather be in the Champions League, but if we cannot get that then I will settle for a Europa placing. Spurs need European football. If that means Ars*nal beating Villa then so be it. Our priorities are our club, not the defeat of Ars*nal.

Jane x

Offline Spursx

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 05:23:21 PM »
We needed those points, but we won against a poor Newcastle side. The real test will be next week against Southampton. Get past that and then face City at WHL and if we do well then,who knows?

As for Europa. I am not fussed whether we should be in or not. But being in does seem to bugger up our season.