SpursNetwork

Tottenham v Crystal Palace

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Crystal Palace
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 12:31:48 PM »
        Well we won, so another 3 pts in the bag, but it was generally a pretty poor performance, the 1st half was poor, our passing was pathetic and we were very lucky not to go in 2 down, the 2nd half was marginally better, obviously TS gave them a rocket at half time, because we started to play with some purpose, and once we scored we started to dominate, and as they say "we played badly and still won" so I guess we should be thankful for small mercies. Although I have to say I wasn't too impressed!!!!!

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Agreed Mr Finch the performance was poor but I think the general tactical ideas are sound and TS seems to be able to get a response from the players even though we were poor in the second half we did dominate large periods of it.
We really are missing Vertonghan to play alongside Dawson and Paulinho in the middle of the pitch just to give us a bit of protection added to this Rose is not good enough for LB and for whatever reason Walker has been pants so far this season.
Soldado needs to score even if it comes off his backside just to give him some confidence and when Townsend is fit things should be alot better because we wiill have two out balls one on either wing, all in all we are 4th but maybe not playing as well as we could be and TS is unbeaten in the EPL.... and things can only get better.
I was unsure about TS but he's growing on me he seems to have a confidence and 'attitude' that the players respond too and the more games he plays the greater his experience and knowledge will get and hopefully the better our results and performances will be !!!!

:up:

I pretty much agree with your points UGS except that Verthonghen needs to partner Cherices not Dawson. He is far too slow. Saturdays performance highlights the fact that we need a RB LB and striker if we are to have any hope of 4th place. Also the return of Sandro, as well as Paulhino cannot come soon enough.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Tottenham v Crystal Palace
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 04:39:53 PM »
        Well we won, so another 3 pts in the bag, but it was generally a pretty poor performance, the 1st half was poor, our passing was pathetic and we were very lucky not to go in 2 down, the 2nd half was marginally better, obviously TS gave them a rocket at half time, because we started to play with some purpose, and once we scored we started to dominate, and as they say "we played badly and still won" so I guess we should be thankful for small mercies. Although I have to say I wasn't too impressed!!!!!

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Agreed Mr Finch the performance was poor but I think the general tactical ideas are sound and TS seems to be able to get a response from the players even though we were poor in the second half we did dominate large periods of it.
We really are missing Vertonghan to play alongside Dawson and Paulinho in the middle of the pitch just to give us a bit of protection added to this Rose is not good enough for LB and for whatever reason Walker has been pants so far this season.
Soldado needs to score even if it comes off his backside just to give him some confidence and when Townsend is fit things should be alot better because we wiill have two out balls one on either wing, all in all we are 4th but maybe not playing as well as we could be and TS is unbeaten in the EPL.... and things can only get better.
I was unsure about TS but he's growing on me he seems to have a confidence and 'attitude' that the players respond too and the more games he plays the greater his experience and knowledge will get and hopefully the better our results and performances will be !!!!

:up:

I pretty much agree with your points UGS except that Verthonghen needs to partner Cherices not Dawson. He is far too slow. Saturdays performance highlights the fact that we need a RB LB and striker if we are to have any hope of 4th place. Also the return of Sandro, as well as Paulhino cannot come soon enough.

We definitely need something. The performance against Palace was really bad. If we perform like that against our next two matches (Swansea & City) we can kiss top 4 spot goodbye.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.