SpursNetwork

Tottenham 1-0 Hull

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Tottenham 1-0 Hull
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 08:24:45 PM »
AVB's statement was very bold and could put him on very dodgy ground with many of our fickle supporters, so I hope he had thick skin to deal with it and TBH will be good experience for him!

Those who get on his case have to remember that AVB is here to do a job, get THFC as many points and as high in the league as possible.  I am sick of playing attractive football in the past and finishing 7th or 8th where is the bragging rights or satisfaction there??  Wow we played some great football but lost by 2 goals WTF would anyone really be happy with that?

So far mission accomplished this season and long may it continue, get behind AVB and the team not on their backs!

I am going to the match this Wednesday so it will be interesting to see how the fans react.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 06:13:38 AM »
AVB's statement was very bold and could put him on very dodgy ground with many of our fickle supporters, so I hope he had thick skin to deal with it and TBH will be good experience for him!

Those who get on his case have to remember that AVB is here to do a job, get THFC as many points and as high in the league as possible.  I am sick of playing attractive football in the past and finishing 7th or 8th where is the bragging rights or satisfaction there??  Wow we played some great football but lost by 2 goals WTF would anyone really be happy with that?

So far mission accomplished this season and long may it continue, get behind AVB and the team not on their backs!

What you and AVB have to remember is "the people that go to the games, part with their hard earned money to do so, which also helps to pay his wages, and that does give them the right to voice their opinions, and also to be entertained".

:nods: :nods: :nods: :nods: 
:SN:[font

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 08:56:56 AM »
Fair point there Mr Finch, but would you prefer 3 points and climbing up the league or pretty football zero points and slipping towards mid table.

Seems at this point AVB and the lads cant win, grind out a win people moan, play nice football  lose or draw people moan, play pretty football and win we are all hyper but this is not a reality yet.

You guys who are lucky enough to travel to the games and part with your hard earned dosh to do so surely have the insight to see we practically have a new team, its going to be a while before they gel and we can win with flare, till then 3 points must take priority surely.

On another note I think we should be playing with 2 up front to help break teams down, maybe try Ade with Soldado to help hold up play etc.

I think its going to be a great experience for AVB in how to handle this type of thing hopefully he will shine.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 01:08:43 PM »
Fair point there Mr Finch, but would you prefer 3 points and climbing up the league or pretty football zero points and slipping towards mid table.

Seems at this point AVB and the lads cant win, grind out a win people moan, play nice football  lose or draw people moan, play pretty football and win we are all hyper but this is not a reality yet.

You guys who are lucky enough to travel to the games and part with your hard earned dosh to do so surely have the insight to see we practically have a new team, its going to be a while before they gel and we can win with flare, till then 3 points must take priority surely.

On another note I think we should be playing with 2 up front to help break teams down, maybe try Ade with Soldado to help hold up play etc.

I think its going to be a great experience for AVB in how to handle this type of thing hopefully he will shine.

Until we bring in a striker in the Benteke mould then we are stuck with the style of attack we have. We do need a target man, to play alongside Soldado so that we can vary things against teams like Hull who have no intention, or indeed capability, of trading open football with us so they play 5-4-1 and hope to frustrate us and hit us on the break.
We need to score early on in these games so that they have to change their tactics and open up. When that happens, we will score more goals for sure.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 03:42:50 PM »

What you and AVB have to remember is "the people that go to the games, part with their hard earned money to do so, which also helps to pay his wages, and that does give them the right to voice their opinions, and also to be entertained".

:nods: :nods: :nods: :nods:

I agree with you to a certain point. But those fans - including myself - go to matches because we want Spurs to win. And if we can, as fans, help by giving our vocal support more then so be it. I play my part.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.