____

Fulham

Barclays Premier League - 17th Mar  - KO 15:00  - Ground: White Hart Lane

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Fulham
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 05:46:52 PM »
No excuses we need to be back to winning ways against Fulham, to get confidence back up and the gap between us and the Goons as now its only 4 points!

Strongest team selection possible please starting with walker JVT Dawson and BAE at the back, maybe put Naughton in at RB as he is shyte at LB and Walker hasnt been great at RB this season!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 05:58:27 PM »
How did we manage to lose this game? :idiot2:

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 06:32:02 PM »
3 games on the bounce now, lets hope the rot stops next game, now is not the time to have a melt down.  Serious test for AVB and the lads
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 06:44:58 AM »
That would have to be the seasons low point. No one seemed to be bothered. Does anyone know what Holtby has done wrong, must be something as he is getting sod all game time.
Parker threw himself about a bit and Bae looked up for it but apart from that we just didn't look like we could be bothered. And don't give me that nonsense about being tired. LLoris, Dawson, Bale, Bae, Defore didn't play enough in Milan to be tired. OK Bale and Dawson picked up injuries but even so these are very fit professional sportspeople. As for Adebayor why is he arsing about on the wing all the time?
There I have now vented my spleen and I feel better.
So lets hope that it is a glitch and we are back on track on Swansea.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 07:32:15 AM »
     I disagree with you about Adebayour, he worked his arse off, didn't stop running, and also he doesn't exactly get the service does he? the question has to be asked why did AVB only play with one up front, we were playing at home were we not, also why did he start with Naughton,Dawson,Caulker,Vertonghen and BAE, 5 out and out defenders, not one of them is a midfielder, why not give Holtby or Carroll a start, I thought he did well when he came on. Dempsey just isn't good enough, what a waste of money he was. Another wasted opportunity to some pressure on Man City, and guess what bloody Arse-- are 4 pts behind us with a game in hand, and as I said after the Liverpool game we are looking over our BLOODY SHOULDER AGAIN, and I for ONE DO NOT f**kING LIKE IT, YES I AM PISSED OFF.

:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
:SN:[font

Offline a12 warrior

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 08:48:23 AM »
The line up was hard to understand, it really was a poor game the only bright light was when Carroll came on apart from looking really light weight his ability to make a good pass was evident and a bonus that most of them went forward rather than square or back!

Agree with the comments in the thread,for me times up for Adebayor true he ran arond more than normal but did little else the side rely to much on Bale.

Spurs could have signed Berbatov he was his usual self waving his arms around a lot, had one chance and buried it!! unlike Defoe who just cant score.

So the great run is over its where we go from here with Swansea, Everton, Chelsea, and Man City to come its in our hands to get back on track, lets hope we do. :up: 

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 09:53:43 AM »
AVB puts his hand up for this with this quote.

“It was nothing to do with the players today,” he said.
“The effort and commitment were there. Probably the organisation wasn’t, and it is down to us to get to business and correct that.”

Well I hope that is done before Swansea.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:55:24 AM by Yiddite »

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 10:28:52 AM »
AVB puts his hand up for this with this quote.

“It was nothing to do with the players today,” he said.
“The effort and commitment were there. Probably the organisation wasn’t, and it is down to us to get to business and correct that.”

Well I hope that is done before Swansea.
One of the rare occasions when manager admits he's (along with other coaching staff) the one to blame.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 11:15:20 AM »
We played this game how we should of played against Milan and funnily enough we played Milan how we should of played against Fulham. Did someone swop AVB's fixture list around and get him confused or is he just changing things for the sake of it either way losing is like winning it becomes a habit.
I was singing AVB's praises a week or two ago but he's playimg to many square pegs in round holes and changing to many things every match, he's a good coach (there I've said it) but he's not Mourinho or Ferguson so let's get back to basics and start winning again !!!!!

:tickedoff:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 11:16:22 AM »
    Too Bloody Late as far as I am concerned. PRIORITIES, PRIORITIES, Europa Cup is nothing, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE is EVERYTHING and finishing TOP 4 should be the priority. AVB has put everything into winning the Europa Cup and finishing Top 4, and Levy has done little or nothing to help him achieve either, by that I mean he hasn't given him the depth in his squad to enable him to do it, by investing in enough quality players, yesterday was the proof. We all know that they are fit and professional sports people, BUT THEY ARE ALSO HUMAN BEINGS not MACHINES and there are very few that can perform at the highest level with only 2 days recovery, sorry but it isn't possible. Now we are in danger of failing to finish Top 4 and also losing our BIGGEST ASSET Gareth Bale and that IS AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE.
     Again I will say I AM PISSED OFF.

>:( >:( >:(

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 11:22:31 AM »
     I have been one of AVB'S biggest critics, but I have to admit he has and is doing a really good job with little or NO help from Levy.

:nods: :nods: :nods:

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 04:38:06 PM »
The game was terrible and lacked anything interesting from both sides. I thought Spurs had no steam in their match against Fulham. As for the subs; I am not sure. We need to wake up and get back into gear. We've got two weeks off so we've got time to recharge our batteries.

The only good news is that City lost and we are 4 points above Ars*nal (even though they've got a game in hand); but that won't last long if we don't wake up.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2013, 05:16:07 PM »
And not to mention that of all the players it just had to be Berbastard.  :tossa:

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2013, 05:29:04 PM »
And not to mention that of all the players it just had to be Berbastard.  :tossa:

Yes, that didn't help.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.