SpursNetwork

Leeds v Tottenham

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Leeds v Tottenham
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2013, 01:22:27 PM »
PF

Yes my thoughts are exactly the same. I sure would like to be a fly on the wall in Levys office to see what really goes on.
Reading between the lines of AVB's interviews I would imagine he has said to Levy along the lines of ok we can stick with the strikers we have, but there is a risk we will come up short. Our creative options are limited, hence the speeding up of Holtby's arrival. All this leads me to think that we will get a striker by tomorrow, and that he is likely to be Hooper. Just a hunch.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Leeds v Tottenham
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2013, 05:47:23 PM »
Voice,
         You are doing it again, don't just pick out pieces of my post that suit you, read all of the post and answer accordingly.
I am picking the pieces I don’t agree with. There is no point agreeing with what you agree with; that should be taken as read if I haven’t commented on them.

Why would AVB not play Walker and Dembele, were they injured, I doubt it, didn't he put them both on in the second half for Naughton and Huddlestone, if they were injured I don't think he would have used them, and wasn't Dawson also on the bench, or was I dreaming, if players are FIT enough to be named as Subs, then surely they are FIT enough to start would you not agree, if that is the case then the side he fielded was not our strongest one was it?
“Why”? I don’t know. But I am sure he had his reasons. Also you don’t know why he did what he did. However you don’t like AVB so when drawing your conclusions you will base your opinions on that; you don’t like him… Wouldn’t it be better if we didn't know all the facts then give him the benefit of doubt? Unless you know something I don’t; then if you share I might draw the same conclusions has you have done.

What I said was, that in "my opinion" winning the FA Cup counts for more than winning the Europa Cup and that I would hazard a guess that 75-90% of the footballing public in England would agree.
I am not disagreeing with that. At the same time you don’t know how AVB values that trophy. He has stated that he wants to win it.

Did he or did he not say that he would be putting out his strongest team available in the Europa Cup this season? Yes he did, and I seem to remember you applauding him for it. If he rated the FA Cup equivalent to the Europa Cup, wouldn't he have put out his strongest available team? I think he might.

I agree he did say that. But he never said he was going to put out a weak team in the FA Cup. Granted he did put out a team that might seem weaker to us but we don’t know the reasons for it. As I said; unless we know something is a fact then we should give him the benefit of dout.

For your information I can make an observation without letting my personal feelings cloud my judgement. Perhaps you should try and do likewise.
I have and do.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.