____

Tottenham

FA Cup - 27th Jan  - KO 14:00  - Ground: Elland Road

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Leeds v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 05:27:09 PM »
I think this will be a good game and Spurs will win. However, I also think AVB will be trying out different combinations and players.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 09:39:32 AM »
A complacent approach to Leeds and we will come unstuck.

We must show Leeds respect by way of putting out a strong team that way we should come out of it with a good win.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline DstarJ

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 02:01:12 PM »
any feeds?

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 04:19:47 PM »
Sadly it is over and Spurs are out for another year. I suppose; looking on the bright side is that we are still with the League chasers and in Europe. Too many competitions could weakness. That is trying to look on the bright-side of life. With City, United, Ars*nal, Chelsea still in it I am sure that will also help us.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 05:40:59 PM »
I can't help agreeing with you, Voice, but just the same it's very disapointing to see our lads playing with such complacency, as if it didn't matter. There seemed to be no will to win and I have to congtatulate Leeds on a good win.

Dare I say anything about Huddlestone?

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 05:57:52 PM »
I can't help agreeing with you, Voice, but just the same it's very disapointing to see our lads playing with such complacency, as if it didn't matter. There seemed to be no will to win and I have to congtatulate Leeds on a good win.

Dare I say anything about Huddlestone?

I agree it is disappointing, but what else can you do but look forward to the next game and hope things are different. All we've got to remember is that we are still in Europe and a place in the top 4 of the league.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 09:18:09 PM »
Sadly it is over and Spurs are out for another year. I suppose; looking on the bright side is that we are still with the League chasers and in Europe. Too many competitions could weakness. That is trying to look on the bright-side of life. With City, United, Ars*nal, Chelsea still in it I am sure that will also help us.

What would help was for Levy to put his hand in his pocket and buy a f**king striker, not good enough today we thought we only had to turn up but no Defoe, no Adebayor nothing upfront for a club the size of Spurs thats a disgrace !!!!

:tickedoff:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 11:00:06 PM »
Defoe didn't play today because of a hip injury, he should be OK for the Norwhich game.

With Ade away, we went in there without a recognised striker. Huddestone and Sigurdsen were awful and I cannot  name anyone who played well. It seemed like we couldn't be bothered. Even AVB and the coaching staff didn't seem to care too much. I wonder if they had a different agenda? Leeds pressurised us for the whole 90mn and deserved to win. Good luck to them!

Five short days left. the longer it goes, the least likely it looks like we will get anyone. We should have at least heard something by now. There is nothing cooking as far as I know, unless one of you guys knows different.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 07:49:54 AM »
Looking at the replacements, Naughton Caulker Parker Huddlestone Sigurdsson Dempsey, with the exception of Dempseys goal, they all fell short of what what is expected of them.
I listened to Freund's pre match interview, where he expected a tough match, and he wasn't wrong. It wasn't so much our lack of desire, we simply are not good enough.
It seems to me that teams have sussed us out good and proper. They all do the same thing. Defend deep, work very hard to keep Bale and Lennon off the ball, then hit us on the break. Our crap defending (as always) and lack of creativity (as always) led to another huge disappointment.
I just hope this is not the start of yet another second half of season collapse that we are all used to. Wednesday's game at Norwich, and West Brom next Sunday may go some way to answering that question. 6 points is a must if we are to stay in top 4.
The fact that we do not appear to be getting anyone else in is a worry to say the least.

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 02:25:35 PM »
I just hope this is not the start of yet another second half of season collapse that we are all used to. Wednesday's game at Norwich, and West Brom next Sunday may go some way to answering that question. 6 points is a must if we are to stay in top 4.
The fact that we do not appear to be getting anyone else in is a worry to say the least.

Yes, let's hope that the Norwich & WBA games go according to plan and ease the diapointment of Elland Road.
The thought that we may be on the brink of another slump doesn't even bear thinking about. 

I have been watching the window deadline this morning and not even a wisper about us.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 05:10:57 PM »

What would help was for Levy to put his hand in his pocket and buy a f**king striker, not good enough today we thought we only had to turn up but no Defoe, no Adebayor nothing upfront for a club the size of Spurs thats a disgrace !!!!

As the transfer window is still open that might still happen.

As for not good enough; that is the glamour of the cup. Sadly the FA Cup is not as big as it used to be. What is more important is the league position and Europe. The FA Cup comes after that.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 07:02:31 PM »

As the transfer window is still open that might still happen.

As for not good enough; that is the glamour of the cup. Sadly the FA Cup is not as big as it used to be. What is more important is the league position and Europe. The FA Cup comes after that.

And you question my loyalty and support !!!!
The FA Cup comes after the League position and Europe, the greatest knockout cup competition in the world, a competition that we have a rich hstory in, a competition we have won 8 times includng being the only non league team to win it..... please so you would rather finish 4th with only a chance of qualifying for the Champions League than walk away wth one of the most famous trophes in football !!!!

There was no glamour about it against Leeds AVB made a huge cock up he changed the complete spine of the team and bascally disrepected the competition. We are not going to win the League this season but we should still finish 4th even f we poured our resources into the FA Cup. Leeds are trying to gain promotion to the Premier League but they still played with a full side and plenty of heart so why couldn't we. I'm sick of this we can't play our strongest side in every game, we should of gone with our best sde and won the game then took off players when the job is done.

As for the transfer window still being open so we could still buy a striker keep dreaming Voice you know as well as everyone else does Levy will not back his man in January, never does never will !!!!

>:(

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 07:21:24 PM »

And you question my loyalty and support !!!! 
What has that got to do with what I said?
The FA Cup comes after the League position and Europe, the greatest knockout cup competition in the world, a competition that we have a rich hstory in, a competition we have won 8 times includng being the only non league team to win it..... please so you would rather finish 4th with only a chance of qualifying for the Champions League than walk away wth one of the most famous trophes in football !!!!
I agree that it is and should be but have you noticed that the FA Cup is no longer the last game at the end of the season? League games are being played after and the European Cup is also afterwards. I didn’t devalue you it but the authorities.

There was no glamour about it against Leeds AVB made a huge cock up he changed the complete spine of the team and bascally disrepected the competition. We are not going to win the League this season but we should still finish 4th even f we poured our resources into the FA Cup. Leeds are trying to gain promotion to the Premier League but they still played with a full side and plenty of heart so why couldn't we. I'm sick of this we can't play our strongest side in every game, we should of gone with our best sde and won the game then took off players when the job is done.
Sadly competitions like the League Cup & FA Cup are used  to try out new players. Only the strong squad to get play in the League and Europe. That also should tell you something. By the way, I am not saying that is right or wrong but how it is.

As for the transfer window still being open so we could still buy a striker keep dreaming Voice you know as well as everyone else does Levy will not back his man in January, never does never will !!!!

>:(
Actually he has backed in the past his manager in January. As for “dream on”; all I said was that the transfer window is still open. How I judge AVB & Mr Levy; i.e. have they made the right decision, will be at the end of the season. I expect and want Spurs to finish 3rd or 4th. If they don’t then we can look back to the January window to give us answer’s.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do