SpursNetwork

Tottenham 3-2 Stoke

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Stoke
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 04:14:29 AM »
In reality we are still in with a shot of 4th which has to be priority (and always should have been) and the team selection against Stoke should show this! 

Some of the media talk that our lads are saying we can pull off an amazing come back Weds is total f**king bollacks wakey wakey boys Madrid will just park all 11 players in their half if needed!!

We are out of the CL this season and that should be accepted! It was great while it lasted and if Arry selects a weakened team Saturday with Weds in mind he needs a pineapple kicking up his arse multiple times!

I would rather have us field the strongest team possible and get a result playing stoke and keep our season alive and put out a weakened side Weds and get hammered than vice versa!

Win Saturday at Stoke season still alive loose or draw we finish 5th or 6th then in the Europa league and battle to keep key players let alone sign quality and Arry will leave for the England job which assures Defoe and Crouch will start for our country!

Also how about Kran left midfield with Bale moving up to left sided striker with Crouch or Pav as partner right side?  I know too late to trial but I reckon Bale would be awesome up front!

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2011, 06:03:09 AM »
We've had a huge distance between our goal and our strikers at times. Bale is fantastic at moving the ball between the two as well as taking shots on himself. The annoying thing is that it's either one or the other. If Bale is out we start playing Alardyce tactics and hoofing the ball. If our wingers are playing well our strikers can't score. Bale is far too good at practically delivering the ball to our strikers to actually move up front though in my opinion. Although to be honest it couldn't hurt!

If Pav hasn't already made arrangements to move on he must he livid.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2011, 08:10:24 AM »
Agree totally...100% with Metal. We have got to have our best playing against Stoke. Forget Madrid - thats a gone and its unrealistic for players to be "told" to be saying that they can turn it around as it creates a false optimism. BUT we can put all our effort in one final determined drive in the EPL. I also agree that if we get anything less that 3 points against Stoke its game over for qualification for the CL next season and I genuinely believe we will lose our top guys. It really is make or break. This isn't being negative, just trying to be objective. Liverpool play City this weekend - a win against Stoke and the right result between those two and its game on for the CL next term!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 01:36:13 PM »
IM off to the Lane now, Lets hope its a good one :coys:

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2011, 03:12:52 PM »
goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2011, 03:20:11 PM »
Luka!

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011, 03:32:46 PM »
Just woke up ..... we have scored twice  :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 03:41:39 PM »
Make that 3

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 04:20:55 PM »
Who's going to bet against a crouch double on Saturday v Stoke?

ME, he's scored 2 goals in the league this season.

D'oh

Wish I had put some money on a Crouchy double now!!!
COYS!

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2011, 04:22:40 PM »
 :ohyeah: nice one

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2011, 04:59:37 PM »
I think its fair to say that the scoreline flattered stoke a bit, they took their chances well but we should have had a few more in the back of the net.  We played well on attack Modders, Thudd both outstanding, VDV and Bale even crouch and Pav partnership looks good but defence has alot to be desired but did the job well enough today.

Mission complete 3 points.... next league game sod the CL games against Madrid lets put out the third team  :up:

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2011, 05:00:59 PM »
Are you psychic Dedley???? :up:

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2011, 06:37:15 PM »
Massive win! Couldn't give a s**t how we played, winning was the most important thing.

My horse won, had Crouch down for the first goal. Happy days.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2011, 12:26:17 PM »
Are you psychic Dedley???? :up:

Not normally
COYS!

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
Re: Tottenham 3-2 Stoke
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2011, 05:09:38 PM »
3 points!!! havent said that for such a long time!!!   :dance: