SpursNetwork

Are we beaten before we start!!!

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Are we beaten before we start!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 07:39:02 AM »
Pochettino only met the players last week. He definitely wants to see the squad in pre-season and then decide whether he needs to reinforce certain areas or not. Ars*nal and Chelsea haven't changed managers, neither has Liverpool. This means their managers have pinpointed their needs some time ago. Yes, Manchester United has a new manager, but some of the players they've bought were associated with them many months ago. Keep calm, lads. There is still more than a month to go before the season starts and then a few more weeks until the transfer window closes.

Welcome back Riff, I think I can speak for everyone on the Spurs Network when I say that we have missed your input. :up: :up: :up:
:SN:[font

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2014, 09:35:09 AM »
Pochettino only met the players last week. He definitely wants to see the squad in pre-season and then decide whether he needs to reinforce certain areas or not. Ars*nal and Chelsea haven't changed managers, neither has Liverpool. This means their managers have pinpointed their needs some time ago. Yes, Manchester United has a new manager, but some of the players they've bought were associated with them many months ago. Keep calm, lads. There is still more than a month to go before the season starts and then a few more weeks until the transfer window closes.

Welcome back Riff, I think I can speak for everyone on the Spurs Network when I say that we have missed your input. :up: :up: :up:
Thank you, Paul! :) I also wanted to add that Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United have lost many important/iconic players (Cole, Lampard, Eto'o, Suàrez, Vidic, Giggs etc.), we have only released Gomes and sold Livermore. To me it seems pretty logical they need to bring more in than us. Levy won't go around splashing the cash, he wants to see the ones who joined last year to come good. I think we all know that replacing 2/3 of players every summer simply doesn't work.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 07:21:04 PM »
Yes its looking most likely JVT is going which is a shame as although he never had the best of seasons last year he is without doubt are best defender!, but if he wants to go then we might aswell let him provided we replace like for like and not gamble on maybes.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2014, 10:59:44 PM »
So far I  have a sinking feeling about the coming season. I haven't yet read anything yet worth taking about in terms of transfers.

Hopefully with the WC over, maybe things will change!

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2014, 10:42:38 AM »

Thank you, Paul! :) I also wanted to add that Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United have lost many important/iconic players (Cole, Lampard, Eto'o, Suàrez, Vidic, Giggs etc.), we have only released Gomes and sold Livermore. To me it seems pretty logical they need to bring more in than us. Levy won't go around splashing the cash, he wants to see the ones who joined last year to come good. I think we all know that replacing 2/3 of players every summer simply doesn't work.

Yes welcome back Riff and I agree with you that Pottechino will want to see all his players first hand before he finalises who to keep and who to let go, assuming that better replacements can be brought in, not easy.
I like some of the players we are linked with, predominantly established prem players, line Davies, Stones, Bony, Lukaku to name a few. I also would like Lamela Chadli Cherices and one or two others given another season, hopefully a more settled one. Lloris for me as captain, who better ? Pott obviously knows our back 4 are not good enough, as well as our pace in midfield, and our strikers. All good signs as far as his potential goes, we just will have to be patient, as pointed out all the teams above us have settled managers so we are playing catchup in that department.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2014, 04:19:06 PM »
So far I  have a sinking feeling about the coming season. I haven't yet read anything yet worth taking about in terms of transfers.

Hopefully with the WC over, maybe things will change!

At the moment I have a positive feeling. :up:
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2014, 08:13:25 PM »

I 'd love to know what you know that I don't know that gives you that positive feeling!

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2014, 08:24:37 PM »

I 'd love to know what you know that I don't know that gives you that positive feeling!

TBH I feel the same positive but optimistic, its impossible to second guess but the signs so far are good, getting Lloris to commit to another 5 years gives me great confidence that things behind the season are moving in the right direction!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2014, 10:29:04 PM »
Its good news we not selling Jan as he is the best defender we have by a long way but I would like to see the manager or chairmen come out and give us some know how just what they intend to do to put us back on track!, I keep seeing Lamela is doing well so why not give us a small peek at what we should expect from our crown jewels?, no more false promises, lets finaly see the quality our money has paid for!.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline RSS61

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2014, 07:55:23 AM »
Its good news we not selling Jan as he is the best defender we have by a long way but I would like to see the manager or chairmen come out and give us some know how just what they intend to do to put us back on track!, I keep seeing Lamela is doing well so why not give us a small peek at what we should expect from our crown jewels?, no more false promises, lets finaly see the quality our money has paid for!.

Are you certain about JVT ?

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2014, 01:10:26 PM »

Are you certain about JVT ?

According to SKY SPORTS website Spurs will reject any offer for him!.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2014, 02:25:24 PM »

You could reverse that and say: I would love to know what you know to make you feel not positive.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RSS61

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2014, 03:28:51 PM »

You could reverse that and say: I would love to know what you know to make you feel not positive.

If I could poke my nose in, previous false dawns, too numerous to mention !!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2014, 04:58:44 PM »

True, however, if you are optimistic (as I am) you could say that eventually Levy/ the manager will get it right. And it is on that philosophy that I am working from. I do believe that Levy does want us to be a top team (that is why he is building a new stadium), however, his failures have been in either picking the wrong manager or not giving them a chance. Is Mauricio Pochettino the right one? I like to say yes; until I have proof he isn't. They are all the right ones until they fail (just look at Moyes).
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RSS61

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2014, 08:10:57 AM »

True, however, if you are optimistic (as I am) you could say that eventually Levy/ the manager will get it right. And it is on that philosophy that I am working from. I do believe that Levy does want us to be a top team (that is why he is building a new stadium), however, his failures have been in either picking the wrong manager or not giving them a chance. Is Mauricio Pochettino the right one? I like to say yes; until I have proof he isn't. They are all the right ones until they fail (just look at Moyes).

Yep, I hope you're right on that one