SpursNetwork

Are we beaten before we start!!!

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
Are we beaten before we start!!!
« on: July 10, 2014, 10:05:49 PM »
I am getting really worried about our rivals as they bring in real quality and have spent wisely!, Ars*nal bought Sanchez, Chelsea have bought Costa, Tiago, Fabregas, Filipe, M.C sign Sagna,Fernando and there be more to follow, Im not saying for us to go spend another 100M im just saying that when I look at what we got for our money last term I think we have been stupid in many! our rivals have waited and bought in proven quality and we took a gamble on a few and many did not perform!, yes it was not all down to the players as it was a introductory season of many players getting used to playing together and playing a new system, but after taking a step back and looking at the team as a whole do we really think our team is realisticly strong enough to compete with the other big 3 or 4?, I dont think so, and am generally worried!, we have a new manager who I am optomistic will do a great job but does he have the quality and depth to turn our fortunes around?, I feel the gap we once closed is going to get bigger now and unless our new manager has a magic wand it maybe much of the same as last year.
The new manager must get Soldado scoring and get the team to gel A.S.A.P or confidence will again become a major concern!, we must go out and buy a world class leader, a well known player who the younger players can look upto and the experienced players take notice and do the simple things right, I dont know who this will be but it must happen.
I think we will struggle to finish higher than 5th or 6th with the current squad based on the strength of the other teams around us.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Are we beaten before we start!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 11:38:51 PM »
I don't think we'll get anyone in, prove me wrong Mr Levy....

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 09:15:59 AM »
       Jesus H Christ, a ball hasn't been kicked in anger yet, and already DOOM and GLOOM, >:( >:( the transfer window has only just opened, for Christ's sake give the Coach a chance, we only realistically need to buy 3 maybe 4 players and by all reports he has players in his sights, so give him a chance before you start the doom and gloom. :nods: :nods: I for one am optimistic about signings and the forthcoming season. So lets just wait and see shall we!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
:SN:[font

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 10:24:12 AM »
If anyone needs to calm down, it's you. (Enter smiley face)

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 11:23:11 AM »
No need for OT bud Im just stating facts!, lets face it the teams above us have realised that we were once a threat and have now made another huge step to in sure they stay on top!, we bought Soldado who I do believe will come good, we have Erikksen and Paulihno aswell but after that we are relying on a lot of youngsters to come good this in my opinion is going to be to much pressure, I hope I am wrong fella but in reality I dont think we have enough to compete with the other teams!, if we take a look at our best 11... say Lloris, Walker, Vertonghan( if he stays), Dawson or Chriches ( Dawson has lost a yard of pace, Chrirches is nothing short of a liability), Rose or Naughton, (Rose I think can do the job but needs nurchering a bit more and Naughton is just not good enough), Townsend has the potential to be a really good winger he just need consistancy and to stay fit, Paulinho I think will come good, is a work horse who chips in with a goal or two, Erikksen is fantastic, our playmaker and we need to build our team and forward play through him, Lamela, well he really needs to step up this season, he came with a huge price tag and was suppose to be the next Marradona, Messi type!, sorry I just dont see it!, Chadli, looks to have potential and I like him alot I only question his pace, he also needs more support when going forward. Lennon another winger with pace and if he could learn to put a decent cross in we would have another asset but he too is now starting to look un interested!, Sandro is just  a defencive midfielder who is ok but nothing special, Bentaleb is more of the same, yes he is young but do you really think he is going to light up the field? I dont think so!, when you start to look at Liverpool who now have Gerrard in that defencive midfield/playmaker role or Chelsea who now have Fabregas, Ars*nal have Ramsey or Wilsher, City have Yaya or Fernandinho there is a huge diference in quality a massive step up from us!, you then look at our attack, Soldado and Adebayor looks great quite happy with that except for neither player has real pace!, Ars*nal now have Sanchez, they already have Ozil and Giroud, Liverpool have Sturridge, youug Sterling, and a few others with pace, thankfully they are losing suarez!, Chelsea now have Costa, Ba, Torres, Lakaku (If he stays) and probably another to come in!, then you look they have Willan, Hazzard, Shurrle, Fabregas to name a few, City have Aguero,Negrado, Dzeko etc followed up by Silva, Toure,Nasri,Navas, Fernandinho!, all goal threats, MU are going to spend big this summer to put them back in the game so how are Spurs really going to compete with that?, I just dont see it!, we have wasted alot of the money from the Bale deal and unless the new manager can get levy to empy his pockets again to bring in one or two WORLD CLASS players this time we will struggle and that usually means the new manager will come under huge pressure again! especially if he is givern and ultermatum of top 4 finish!( absolutely no chance), I love my team and hardly ever speak ill of it but come on guys wake up a smell the coffee! we just can not compete with the level of quality coming into the premeir league by are rivals now!, we struggle to attract big names because we cannot guanrante champions league football and the ones we do get just use the club as a stepping stone for thier carears!.
I HOPE I AM WRONG ABOUT ALL THIS, but looking at the facts I dont think I am!. :'(
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 02:15:55 PM »
Some fair concerns there Blackjack backed up with some good reasoning.

On paper those teams do look far superior to us, many of the names you have mentioned are new comers to those teams and as such no one knows how they will adapt, they could settle in straight away and make hell of a difference or they could unsettle the current balance, there are so many possibilities its impossible to second guess.  Look what happened to Man u last season and that was the squad who won the title so convincingly the season before!

I dont think we need massive changes or it is back to the drawing board with more transition time, players were not the only issues last season, a whole bowl of poor ingredients resulted in our poor campaign of which we all had high hopes for.  Granted if Man U had been better we would have been lower, if Everton poorer we would have been higher etc.

I would like to see us land 1 proven EPL striker,for me its Hernandez if possible and a left back as neither Rose nor Naughton are good enough, BAE is but needs to be pushed IMO.

As for a leader on the pitch we have one, world class with proven credentials - Lloris! Ultimate professional bags of experience and able to captain big egos, a player that many will look up to also.  He has committed to us I say lets see how he does.

Lloris has been convinced his immediate future lies with us,and lets face it he could go to any top team!

I am optimistic, not that we will challenge for the league or even finish top 4 (but top 4 is possible if we start strong) this season, but I do feel we will see massive improvements which will give us great hope again and foundations laid to push forward.  Just hope Levy has learnt some lessons and gives the manager time and full support.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 02:20:04 PM by Metalanimal »
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 04:04:09 PM »
       Jesus H Christ, a ball hasn't been kicked in anger yet, and already DOOM and GLOOM, >:( >:( the transfer window has only just opened, for Christ's sake give the Coach a chance, we only realistically need to buy 3 maybe 4 players and by all reports he has players in his sights, so give him a chance before you start the doom and gloom. :nods: :nods: I for one am optimistic about signings and the forthcoming season. So lets just wait and see shall we!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

I have to agree with you. Also; we usually do business near the end of the transfer window. I am positive that we will bring in new players, to compliment the ones we've got.

As for buying probably 3 or 4; maybe. I still think the seven we brought in last season are gradually turning the corner.  I've constantly said that it takes awhile to embed 7 new players in. And I think our manager is the person to help them along (if you believe reports about him).
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 09:51:30 PM »
So we'll finish 5th or 6th then. ;) :D

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 10:15:15 PM »
If we lucky ;) :up:
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 11:37:45 PM »
 :fishing: :fishing: :fishing:   :D

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 11:55:31 AM »
       I seem to recall similar things were said the second season 'Arry was in charge and we all know what happened that year, we finished 4th against all the odds, whilst I agree that it would appear that Man C, Chelski, Arse---, Manure and Scouse have all spent on new additions to their squads, it doesn't mean that they have spent wisely, we only have to look at the money we spent pre 2013-2014. Personally I think that we will see the fruits of those Investments come to fruition this season, and YES they were investments. I for one am looking forward to the new season, one I think that could be the start of some success. Hopefully I am proved right and not just lapsing into early senility. :lol: :lol: :lol: 

:SN:[font

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 03:47:36 PM »
I am looking/hoping that the likes of Lamela, Soldado, come good and the new manager works hard on our defence and gets rid off the halfway line back line!, he also works on the basics off pass and move, if this happens we may surprise me yet :) , but honestly team ethics and players standing up to be counted and showing plenty of desire to work there socks of for the team must be parramount, only then will we have a small chance to compete!, one of our biggest failings and this has happened for a few seasons now is getting players to be composed on the ball in the right areas!, our defence last season from every player was school boy at best and our striker Soldado was rushing and snapping at everything just to get his Spurs carrear up and runnung, this is where the new manager will earn his stripes!, being able to handle the big names and getting the best out of them!.  One good thing is we have a full squad for preseason so this year the team will/ should have enough time to adjust to the new managers ideas and develop a good working relationship and understanding of thier fellow team mates. ;)
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 05:48:18 PM »
Pochettino only met the players last week. He definitely wants to see the squad in pre-season and then decide whether he needs to reinforce certain areas or not. Ars*nal and Chelsea haven't changed managers, neither has Liverpool. This means their managers have pinpointed their needs some time ago. Yes, Manchester United has a new manager, but some of the players they've bought were associated with them many months ago. Keep calm, lads. There is still more than a month to go before the season starts and then a few more weeks until the transfer window closes.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 07:08:08 PM »
Pochettino only met the players last week. He definitely wants to see the squad in pre-season and then decide whether he needs to reinforce certain areas or not. Ars*nal and Chelsea haven't changed managers, neither has Liverpool. This means their managers have pinpointed their needs some time ago. Yes, Manchester United has a new manager, but some of the players they've bought were associated with them many months ago. Keep calm, lads. There is still more than a month to go before the season starts and then a few more weeks until the transfer window closes.

Welcome back Riff, nice input.  I think Pochettino already knows where we need to strengthen who to sell etc, I am also confident JVT will be on his way at a decent price.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 07:29:36 PM »

Yes, welcome back. Nice to see you here. As they say a  change is as good as a rest.

And I agree. Some interesting times ahead.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.