SpursNetwork

DeAndre Yedlin joins

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
DeAndre Yedlin joins
« on: August 14, 2014, 05:51:07 AM »
DeAndre Yedlin who starred for the US at the World Cup has joined us. The lad is 21 and plays at right-back. However, I'm afraid he'll be another Bongani Khumalo for us.

Offline dublinboy99

• Hero: Hoddle
Re: DeAndre Yedlin joins
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 08:57:59 AM »
Same old story we don't buy class players.  We have fallen further behind the big clubs with our transfer policy.  Yedlin is a squad player and will never be our first choice right back.  What's the point in signing a player if he is not better than what you have already?  Is Davies better than Rose? (I hope so).  Vorm is excellent so we should be able to rest Lloris for European games etc..Is Dier better than Kaboul & Dawson?  Probably in time he will but at the moment he will be exposed in the Premiership

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 01:40:07 PM »
DeAndre Yedlin who starred for the US at the World Cup has joined us. The lad is 21 and plays at right-back. However, I'm afraid he'll be another Bongani Khumalo for us.
I can appreciate your apprehension but lets give the lad a chance. He is only 21 and was one of the USA's standout players at the World Cup. He tackles well, has pace and delivers a good cross so the basics are there, and with Pochettino's ability to bring on young players you never know, he might turn out to be another Khumalo but he could just as easily become the new Stephen Carr.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 05:03:49 PM »

He's supposed to be one for the future, however, there could be another reason why they signed him up. The American market can be a lucrative deal. The sale of shirts, Spurs name etc. Remember it is not all about football, it is also about money, profits and advertisements.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 09:09:37 PM »

He's supposed to be one for the future, however, there could be another reason why they signed him up. The American market can be a lucrative deal. The sale of shirts, Spurs name etc. Remember it is not all about football, it is also about money, profits and advertisements.

That's where the problem is. Money first, football second! I hope our signings improve from the mediocre ones that we have taken on board so far. It seems that we are adding run of the mill players and hope to get rid of other run of the mill players we bought last year!

:tickedoff:

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 04:36:20 PM »

That's where the problem is. Money first, football second! I hope our signings improve from the mediocre ones that we have taken on board so far. It seems that we are adding run of the mill players and hope to get rid of other run of the mill players we bought last year!

:tickedoff:

I suppose the answer to that will our end result; how well we did. If we get into the top 4 then it will have all been worth it.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 07:08:10 PM »
Anyway, Yedlin won't be joining us until 2015.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 09:27:59 PM »
I actually thought he looked very good in our friendly!, has bags of pace and beat a man or two, would not surprise me one bit if Poch has him as a possible right winger!, I think he will do well for us if he plays anything like he did in the friendly. :up:
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 09:15:32 AM »
Anyway, Yedlin won't be joining us until 2015.

By that time, hopefully, he will have a bit more experience.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do