SpursNetwork

Defoe for Benteke

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Defoe for Benteke
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 03:09:28 PM »
Why not keep Defoe and buy Benteke we only have 2 strikers as it is and giving one away to get another ?

For all his failings Defoe is still an England International and proven Premier League striker, we are not Stoke, Sunderland or Southampton we are Spurs and should be able to attract Benteke anyway without offering Defoe !!!!!

:(

Is that really saying a lot seeing as how England is playing of late? That Defoe is a England International. As for Premier league striker? For who? He couldn't even beat Dempsey in the scoring stakes.

I would be quite happy if he was sold; providing they replaced him with something better. Which wouldn't be that hard.

You rate Dempsey higher than Defoe...... that says it all Voice it really does!!

Boy am I glad that your not in charge at White Hart Lane as I don't fancy us playing in the Championship, some of the statements and back tracks you come up with are priceless are you a politician by any chance ?

:nope:

I do think that Defoe is past his sell buy date but I didn't say I regarded him as a better strike. Only that he was in our top 3 and not far behind Defoe. Which tells you a lot. For Defoe to be a better striker two goals difference doesn't suggest that. On top of that Dempsey has played in midfield while Defoe is and out and out striker.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 08:13:05 AM »
Why not keep Defoe and buy Benteke we only have 2 strikers as it is and giving one away to get another ?

For all his failings Defoe is still an England International and proven Premier League striker, we are not Stoke, Sunderland or Southampton we are Spurs and should be able to attract Benteke anyway without offering Defoe !!!!!

Is that really saying a lot seeing as how England is playing of late? That Defoe is a England International. As for Premier league striker? For who? He couldn't even beat Dempsey in the scoring stakes.

I would be quite happy if he was sold; providing they replaced him with something better. Which wouldn't be that hard.

You rate Dempsey higher than Defoe...... that says it all Voice it really does!!

Boy am I glad that your not in charge at White Hart Lane as I don't fancy us playing in the Championship, some of the statements and back tracks you come up with are priceless are you a politician by any chance ?

I do think that Defoe is past his sell buy date but I didn't say I regarded him as a better strike. Only that he was in our top 3 and not far behind Defoe. Which tells you a lot. For Defoe to be a better striker two goals difference doesn't suggest that. On top of that Dempsey has played in midfield while Defoe is and out and out striker.

Arguing the merits of Defoe v Dempsey is pretty pointless really. Neither are good enough as our main strike force if we are to compete next season.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 04:45:05 PM »

Arguing the merits of Defoe v Dempsey is pretty pointless really. Neither are good enough as our main strike force if we are to compete next season.

I think we will see a lot of changes by the beginning of next season.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.