SpursNetwork

Should Hossam Ghaly Be Sold.

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 09:31:27 PM »
every one is taking him throwing his shirt on the floor to seriously.
It IS disraspectful but alot worse happens. I throw my close on the floor every day. You dont see H&M crying. do you?
GROW UP - hes a human we all make mistakes!

Berba's girl

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 10:02:29 PM »
Ok, so give an example of what is worse than disrespecting your club & manager?  In all honesty, I don't think you can compare yourself throwing your own clothes on the floor as the same thing!  And it's not a matter of 'growing up' - it's pretty much the majority opinion.

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 10:06:01 PM »
ok if you want to jump on the band wagon thats fine by me.
but i am not so i dont care bout majority opion.
the guy is crap gethim out.
but not for throwing an item of clothing on the floor.

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 10:51:28 PM »
Quote from: theospurs;8126
ok if you want to jump on the band wagon thats fine by me.
but i am not so i dont care bout majority opion.
the guy is crap gethim out.
but not for throwing an item of clothing on the floor.

Mate I don't think you understand what the shirt represents. It's not just an "item" it's apart of our club's identity, it has our clubs badge on, a part of the clothing that some players kiss to show their passion, honour and total respect for.

When Ghaly threw it to the ground he wasn't just throwing a piece of clothing he was throwing away his respect for the club and for the fans.

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007, 11:13:18 PM »
sell him, he's not worth it. someone should treat him with same amount of respect as he gave the shirt and throw him straight out the doors of WHL.

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2007, 11:16:31 PM »
Yes but not because of yesterday, but because he is very average.  Yesterday showed he really wanted to play.

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2007, 11:20:43 PM »
Look we are males, we all throw our clothes on the floor, It makes things easier to find, Ghaly did something completely different, he was making a point, a protest if you like. Sure it might have been a momnent of madness caused by the frustration of playing so badly but it was still a statement made and that is what it should be seen as.
He showed disrespect to all that Spurs stands for. Blanchflower, Nicholson Jol everyone . He might not have meant it that way, but that is what he did, and choosing to make his protest in such a public way means that is how he should be judged. Get shot of him
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline Powerage

• Season Ticket: No
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2007, 02:09:55 AM »
Its petulance, the way he threw it on the floor in front of the gaffer is total disrespect to the club, the fans, the manager, the managers tactics for taking him off and shows a poor attitude. PLUS he stormed off down the tunnel and wasn't in the dressing room when the manager and the team came in at full time.

I do however agree that it is petty, but when you consider the implications of what that action means, its a bloody disgrace.

The atmosphere changed for a few minutes as 35,000 pissed off Spurs fans told Ghaly what they thought of him.

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2007, 08:05:05 AM »
The image on the BBC website of Ghaly walking past Jol onhis way down the tunnell says a lot.  The image was cropped from a larger ne that appeared on the site on friday.  In the larger picture you could see the contempt for Ghaly's behaviour on Chris Houghton's and Martin Jol's faces,  The subs on the bench were also shocked.  It was totally unacceptable and should end his spurs career.

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2007, 09:44:45 PM »
Ok so he was annoyed at being taken off, he knew he had played 31mins of pure rubbish. That was no-ones fault but his own. Then to add insult to injury with what he did with his shirt just showed utter contempt for our great club. Im soory but as my previous post said just get rid of him,  the fine and his appology really means very little.

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2007, 09:52:22 PM »
The appology is expectable but it is too late to say sorry didn't the fool realise his actions when he was subbed off.