• Season Ticket: Yes
Tottenham v Sheffield United
« on: January 21, 2015, 05:06:48 PM »

Tottenham
____

v
____

Sheffield United

League Cup Semi Final 1st leg - 21st Jan  - KO 19:45   - Ground: White Hart Lane

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
Re: Tottenham v Sheffield United
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 10:03:22 PM »
A wins a win but we where absolute rubbish!, a cup semi final at HOME and we play like that >:( >:( >:( ...another game where we played at a snails tempo and for a premier league side they took the piss of us the fans!, that is just not good enough!, apart from the penalty and Dier header we never really tested the keeper.... 1-0 win flattered us :tickedoff:
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 07:57:00 AM »
A wins a win but we where absolute rubbish!, a cup semi final at HOME and we play like that >:( >:( >:( ...another game where we played at a snails tempo and for a premier league side they took the piss of us the fans!, that is just not good enough!, apart from the penalty and Dier header we never really tested the keeper.... 1-0 win flattered us :tickedoff:

Quite agree mate. The whole team seemed to lack pace and urgency, and we made a 3rd division team look really good. The main concern was lack of creativity, when Erksen has an off day, which he did, we create next to nothing. Townsend and Stambouli were dire I thought. And as for Ben Davies, words fail me as to what possessed us to buy him. And that's without starting on Adebayor.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 09:05:56 AM »
    Unfortunately, I cannot comment as the game wasn't shown in Australia, and judging by the comments I am glad it wasn't, :nope: :nope: but, never the less we won, so I am grateful for small mercies. :D :D Hopefully we can beat them on their patch and make the Final. :ohyeah: :ohyeah:
:SN:[font

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 02:06:15 PM »

Quite agree mate. The whole team seemed to lack pace and urgency, and we made a 3rd division team look really good. The main concern was lack of creativity, when Erksen has an off day, which he did, we create next to nothing. Townsend and Stambouli were dire I thought. And as for Ben Davies, words fail me as to what possessed us to buy him. And that's without starting on Adebayor.
I was hoping a lot more from Davies and when he got a decent run of games, he was quite good. All in all he's about the same as Danny Rose, who actually should play LM (when he joined us from Leeds all those years ago, he was actually a winger), where he has been more solid.

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 04:05:28 PM »
I agree totally with you guys on Ben Davis, when I heard we where signing him I had high hopes as everytime I saw him at Swansea he looked a real up and coming talent!, but every game he has played he is very negative when he gets forward and terrible at defending :o , last night he was skinned several times by the United winger!, and his positioning was dreadful, he was showing the winging a 3rd of the pitch to run into!!! :tickedoff: ,we where lucky not to get punnished.
Im not blaming everything on him as the whole team had a negative attitude with the exception of Townsend who did his best, Kane and Eriksen where never in the game as they where starved of service, there was no space and creativity because of our slow counter attacks!, we where caught in possession so many times and when we did get near the penalty box there was no ball to play, we where so congested as usual, tried to fizz the ball in to quickly, gave the ball away needlessly and in general treated the game like a preseason match :-[ It was embarrassing at times and although I was not at the game I feel sorry for the fans who where!, that perforance was as I said before a joke to all that went :tickedoff:
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 04:06:42 PM »
We should have started with Soldado and Kane, instead of Kane and Ade; which would have made a better difference. Things changed when Soldado replaced Ade.

As for the match; Sheffield came to foil and make it difficult for us, which was ok, but limited both teams. I thought it was a hard fought match with Spurs deserving their victory.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 05:46:08 PM »
We should have started with Soldado and Kane, instead of Kane and Ade; which would have made a better difference. Things changed when Soldado replaced Ade.

As for the match; Sheffield came to foil and make it difficult for us, which was ok, but limited both teams. I thought it was a hard fought match with Spurs deserving their victory.

I agree that Sheffield united came with a plan and fair play to them but we allowed the plan to work by playing at such a slow tempo, we never really got out of 1st gear!, im sure if we had started lightning quick and burst forward at every opputuninty then we would have penned united back and created more opputunities.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 07:22:52 PM »
I thought it was a hard deserved and fought match. Sheffield United had nothing to lose and plenty to gain and it showed. Clubs from the lower leagues can cause Premier league clubs many problems. And it showed when Sheffield United showed up. But we showed stamina, guts and forethought. We won and that is all that counts. Now it is down to Sheffield to come at us. They cannot afford to play silly buggers as they did at White Hart Lane. It is then that we will hit them and hit them hard.

I expect a Spurs victory or at least a draw. I expect Spurs to frustrate them and frustrating a lower league team will bring mistakes for Sheffield.

Before anybody criticises we must remember that this team is not the same team or the full team that is grinding out results in the Premier league. Two teams that have done well for Spurs. It is about winning, and winning we are.

Jane x

Offline Spursx

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 07:43:39 PM »
I was also at the match and I was very disappointed in the way we played. Also, we were in  the semi-final, which means a chance to win a cup and all we sent out was part B team and part A team. A trophy is what we want and we didn’t play as if we wanted it that passionately. One  thing about our history is that we went into cup competitions with pride and the determination to win said trophy. We didn’t play that way and I wonder what the great god, Bill Nicholson, would have thought looking down at that match? I have no doubt he would have shat himself with disgust.
What we want is more commitment and passion. To be fair though, our coach is still finding his feet and does need a bit more time. We also have improved a lot since he first joined so I will give him the benefit of doubt at the moment.
Another point I would like to make. I was one of them that was booing the lanky one. He is not committed and is only interested in the money and that is why he won’t leave Spurs. He is on a £100,000 per year, nobody is going to take over that contract and he won’t settle for less. He is at the end of his career and Spurs are the mugs that have been lumbered with the mercenary. Tottenham still needs another striker, however, what is coming out of the press is contradictory reports on whether we are going to buy this window or not.
Just the views of a simple Spurs paying season ticket holder.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 08:10:04 AM »
I was also at the match and I was very disappointed in the way we played. Also, we were in  the semi-final, which means a chance to win a cup and all we sent out was part B team and part A team. A trophy is what we want and we didn’t play as if we wanted it that passionately. One  thing about our history is that we went into cup competitions with pride and the determination to win said trophy. We didn’t play that way and I wonder what the great god, Bill Nicholson, would have thought looking down at that match? I have no doubt he would have shat himself with disgust.
What we want is more commitment and passion. To be fair though, our coach is still finding his feet and does need a bit more time. We also have improved a lot since he first joined so I will give him the benefit of doubt at the moment.
Another point I would like to make. I was one of them that was booing the lanky one. He is not committed and is only interested in the money and that is why he won’t leave Spurs. He is on a £100,000 per year, nobody is going to take over that contract and he won’t settle for less. He is at the end of his career and Spurs are the mugs that have been lumbered with the mercenary. Tottenham still needs another striker, however, what is coming out of the press is contradictory reports on whether we are going to buy this window or not.

If only Spursx lol

To be fair to Poch I think he is doing a good job with what he's got. He simply has to rotate certain players in order to compete on 4 fronts, not easy. But we really must get shot of Ade and bring in a striker at the very least this window.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 08:12:20 AM by RSS61 »

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 03:57:41 PM »

If only Spursx lol

To be fair to Poch I think he is doing a good job with what he's got. He simply has to rotate certain players in order to compete on 4 fronts, not easy. But we really must get shot of Ade and bring in a striker at the very least this window.

I don't wish to defend Ade, however, maybe the problem is the style of football we are playing is not for him. But then it could be argued that he is a professional and on a good wage so he should learn to adapt.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Don

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 07:50:44 PM »
Howdy folks and sorry I haven’t been on for a while, but grandchildren, hospital and all that stuff somebody of my age comes into contact with does take up ones time.

Well, yes, the Sheffield United match was interesting. I do agree with some of the comments. I remember some of the hard slog matches I saw in the fifties where Spurs just scrapped through. Then again I’ve seen us play magnificently and end up losing. So a difficult call, but we won and that must triumph over us playing with style and losing. Our coach obviously picked the team he thought would do the job, along with the style. Even though it was a penalty win, it was still a win. Mustn’t grumble and be stingy over what we’ve got. Now we’ve got to go to Sheffield United’s ground, a ground I have visited many times in the past, and grind out a result. But the onus will be on them as we are a goal up. Nigel Clough will tell them to go full out and chuck everything they’ve got at Spurs. Doing this will expose them at the back. I expect Spurs to win by another goal, which will be two overall.
But before that we’ve got another cup to get through and I expect a win there as well.

Again, sorry I haven’t been on but I hope everybody is well?

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 09:07:55 PM »
Agree with you Don, we will win by the odd goal or maybe 2 if we are lucky. As far as the final is concerned, I am a little more worried. It will be our first "big" event since we beat Chelsea in the same cup in 2009, (if my memory serves me right). The thing is who do we prefer. The Blues or the Reds?

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 08:52:59 AM »
Agree with you Don, we will win by the odd goal or maybe 2 if we are lucky. As far as the final is concerned, I am a little more worried. It will be our first "big" event since we beat Chelsea in the same cup in 2009, (if my memory serves me right). The thing is who do we prefer. The Blues or the Reds?

Simples! The reds. Chelsea are more dangerous. We are also a better team now, than when we faced Liverpool at the beginning of the season. Kenny Dalglish said the same in the Mirror, that Spurs are a better team now than when they got beaten by Liverpool. Back then the manager and the players were still finding their feet. But saying that, I have no doubt that Chelsea will beat Liverpool at Stamford Bridge.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do