Tottenham
____

v
____

Chelsea

Barclays Premier League - 1st Jan  - KO 17:30  - Ground: White Hart Lane

TV: BT Sports 1 | Live Feed | Make Prediction

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline peterdaw

• Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Chelsea
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 02:36:48 PM »
hi ,, my 1st post from up here in the north-east,, watching game in the pub, :up:,,COYS

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 07:28:21 PM »
What a result, smashing Chelsea 5-3 can not be argued, hope we can move further forward now!

Very proud! :up:
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 07:57:17 PM »
        Some-one wake me up, surely I must be dreaming, did we really beat the SCUM 5-3.  WHAT A  F A N T A S T I C result, this makes up for the poor performances we have put in, who would have thought that we would take 4 pts from the last two games. So Proud of the lads performance. Bloody Marvelous. Hopefully these 2 results will give them the confidence boost they need. C O Y S
:SN:[font

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 08:38:03 PM »
Awsome, fantastic, I think im going to run down the street naked!, apart fron Fazio moment of madness we played brilliant and Kane yet again was unplayable, never saw this coming but COME ON YOU SPURS.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 08:47:55 PM »
I must still be asleep. I have just read that we have put 5 past the Chavs!  I'll wake up later, when MOTD comes on!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 08:59:37 PM »
I'm speechless. What a start to 2015!  :dance:
Fun fact: No team in EPL has ever scored more than three against Mourinho, actually only Barcelona (five) are the only side in the world to achieve that.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 09:01:45 PM by RiffHard »

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 09:23:28 PM »
What more can I add.
The boys turned out a brilliant performance and achieved a stunning result.

Top 4 finish must now be possible if we can  continue with this form.

COYS

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 10:03:21 PM »
Back from China for Christmas and what a present I was gifted with. First time I have seen us play for a while and think I hit the jackpot. A few weeks ago I was thinking we were going to lose by a few, but the improvements were starting to come into play and was feeling a draw was an optimistic but possible outcome.

I took my nephew, he is only 9, and believe it or not every game he has gone to, he has never seen us lose. We were preparing him for the worst, saying we were playing the leaders of the premiership, don't be too disappointed if we lose etc. He has got to be the luckiest spurs supporter ever.

All the way home he was like 'I can't believe it!' 'that was the best game I have ever seen' '5-3, 5-3, 5-3' Amazing!

Well done Spurs a great performance, really good effort and hard work, some sublime skill. Kane you were brilliant starting to show real class, Dembele came on and showed that he should be getting more regular game time, he is one of a few who can get the ball to feet in a tight spot and not lose it too easily. Chadli played well, Eriksen was a little quiet but still effective, Fazio was good at times and think he is a little slow, but the partnership with Vertonghen is strong, Rose going forward was excellent, made some errors which led to a goal, but redeemed himself later with some crucial tackles and a goal. lloris was solid and made crucial saves as always. Paulinho came on and did well too, replacing Townsend who was starting to give it away too much. The only negative was Walker, who kept making awful passes and gave the ball straight to the opposition on far too many occasions, at least 6 or 7 times. But he is still coming back, so will hope he finds his old form soon. But what a game, the fans were so strong in support and the atmosphere was electric at the lane. So good to be home for this.
Maybe next year...

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 04:11:37 PM »
When I was in Spurs hospitality lounge I was talking to a few members; they all said that they would be glad for a draw. I bet they left the ground sad that their wish failed (joke).

When the first goal went in, I thought it was against the run of play. By the time we reached half time, the whole stadium was in shock (that was Spurs fans and Chelsea alike). In the interval, I was speaking to a young security guard girl. Even though she was delighted, she was also scared that we would throw that lead away and Chelsea would get back on top. She wasn’t the only one with those feelings. Nevertheless, 3-1 was not the end of the story, for Spurs. The beginning of the second half we got another goal. This was followed by another Chelsea goals, which was followed by another one for us. Finally, in the 87th minute Chelsea pulled another one back, but it didn’t do them any good as we had won the match.

This was Jose Mourinho only second 5-0 defeat since entering the managerial merry-go-round. The first while managing Chelsea. This wasn’t just a Spurs win over Chelsea – who had only been beaten once in the league this season – but a football shock on enormous scales. We didn’t just beat them, like Newcastle did this season, but thrashed and humiliated them. And don’t forget they are league leaders and expected to win the title at the end of this season.

Of course, the story isn’t complete without mentioning Harry Kane who was the hero of the night, and a growing star.

We also must mention Pochettino, as he has been getting a lot of stick of late. His team is gradually taking shape and getting there. We’ve leaped-frog Ars*nal and West Ham to claim 5th spot. Only 3 points behind third placed United. Where now? Pochettino must build on this result. We still need another striker and probably let some deadwood go, but overall our manager and his team is getting there. A top 3rd or 4th is not beyond us.
COYS

I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 04:12:11 PM »
        Some-one wake me up, surely I must be dreaming, did we really beat the SCUM 5-3.  WHAT A  F A N T A S T I C result, this makes up for the poor performances we have put in, who would have thought that we would take 4 pts from the last two games. So Proud of the lads performance. Bloody Marvelous. Hopefully these 2 results will give them the confidence boost they need. C O Y S

Hopefully this is just the beginning.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 08:02:22 PM »
Hi all and happy New Year, and what a good start to this New Year it has been. Spurs beating, no, thrashing Chelsea out of existence. We all started the game with hopes and dreams, but reality told us that a draw was all we could expect against league leaders Chelsea. Even the Chelsea fans were in buoyant mood, and who could blame them. It has been a while since we had beaten them at White Hart Lane. It was only in December that Chelsea beat us on their ground, so expectations for them were high. But like all good planned scripts, reality is totally different.

I went to the game, as everybody else did, with hopes of not getting humiliated and possibly a draw. And of course the first goal brought fears flashing in our faces. Then the nightmare started, gladly, not for us. I watched the Chelsea supporters faces as they stopped cheering (actually they were taunting us with past results), which then turned to misery. We were known to them as three points Lane. But this time the points went to us.

As I travelled back home with my boyfriend we were in hysterics and deep joy. What next for this revitalised team? Well, steadying the ship is the first priority and continue with what we left 2014 with.

Like all supporters we were concerned with what has happened to our great team over the last couple of years, but today I am hoping a new beginning is on the horizon.

From somebody who is speechless and totally happy,

Jane xxxxx

Offline Spursx

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2015, 08:35:37 PM »
Sorry I haven’t been on for awhile, but I’ve been travelling over Christmas. I came back just before the Chelsea game, and what a game that was. Even though I was travelling I managed to get back to all the games over Christmas and what can I say? We did us proud. We won against all expectations and humiliated those blues. We’ve also put a spoke into their league title aspirations. That will teach those cocky bastards.
After the first goal went in I was jumping up and down like  jack in the box, along with ally my compatriots at the Lane. Euphoric doesn’t adequately describe mine and the rest of the Spurs crowd’s feelings. I witnessed so much hugging, kissing and deep joy, which I haven’t witnessed for a long time, I must say.
Not only that, but  to come back to this forum and read, the enjoyment by all on here, is wonderful. We’ve all disagreed on occasions, but on this one we are united, with continued glances at the league table. And yes, we pushed the Ars*nal down a few notches and that is another added bonus.
Before the start of that historic match we saw some amazing and good results (all in Spurs favour). Spurs were the icing on the cake, and may it long continue.

Happy new year to one and all.

Offline Don

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 07:39:06 PM »
Howdy all to a new year,

Reading the above posts I noticed the congratulations to Spurs victory over Chelsea and even though well deserved, I must add a word of caution. This is just one spectacular match in a poor season, so-far. When Bill took over from Spurs his first match in charge was against Everton, who we beaten 10-4. I was at that match. But we/ he had to wait a lot longer before turning that team into anything worth talking about. Maurice isn’t Bill Nich, however, what he is hasn’t been determined yet. One swallow doesn’t make a summer and we must bear that in mind. What concerns me is that we let this victory go to our heads. Chelsea’s defeat is also down to Chelsea’s bad defence. I have no doubt that they approached this game with arrogance and expected to get their three points just by turning up. The next couple of games will determine our worth after that victory over the Blues.

All I am saying is not to get too carried away with this victory. Remember, Newcastle also beat them, and look where they are now. I don’t think Chelsea has been that good, just that the other teams have been that bad that they made Chelsea look good.

We all want the glory days back, but it isn’t going to come back that quick. Our current manager has to build and mould his team into what he thinks is the right ingredients to challenge for the title.

I’ve seen it all before. The hopes, the dreams and the miseries. Get behind the team by all means, after all we are loyal Spurs supporters, that is supporters and not naïve and foolish supporters who have their heads in the clouds.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 07:54:10 PM »
Howdy all to a new year,

Reading the above posts I noticed the congratulations to Spurs victory over Chelsea and even though well deserved, I must add a word of caution. This is just one spectacular match in a poor season, so-far. When Bill took over from Spurs his first match in charge was against Everton, who we beaten 10-4. I was at that match. But we/ he had to wait a lot longer before turning that team into anything worth talking about. Maurice isn’t Bill Nich, however, what he is hasn’t been determined yet. One swallow doesn’t make a summer and we must bear that in mind. What concerns me is that we let this victory go to our heads. Chelsea’s defeat is also down to Chelsea’s bad defence. I have no doubt that they approached this game with arrogance and expected to get their three points just by turning up. The next couple of games will determine our worth after that victory over the Blues.

All I am saying is not to get too carried away with this victory. Remember, Newcastle also beat them, and look where they are now. I don’t think Chelsea has been that good, just that the other teams have been that bad that they made Chelsea look good.

We all want the glory days back, but it isn’t going to come back that quick. Our current manager has to build and mould his team into what he thinks is the right ingredients to challenge for the title.

I’ve seen it all before. The hopes, the dreams and the miseries. Get behind the team by all means, after all we are loyal Spurs supporters, that is supporters and not naïve and foolish supporters who have their heads in the clouds.

Don, even though you are right to be cautious, and Pochettino isn’t Bill Nicholson he is turning this team around, and I think into an exciting team. You are right that it can’t be achieved over night, but I can see positive signs. Yes, we need a few more players, as Bill needed a few more players after that 10-4 victory over Everton. It took him awhile, but he got there in the end. If Levy gives Poch a chance, I am sure he can also get there as well. Levy can’t keep sacking managers, somewhere along the line he has to keep faith with somebody and that somebody could be/ should be Pochettino. Spurs victory over Chelsea was spectacular and yes they mustn’t get carried away, but be positive and build on that victory.

This month hopefully will show how far we have come after the Chelsea victory.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do