SpursNetwork

Formation and style of play

Offline pieboy

Formation and style of play
« on: August 16, 2013, 09:32:25 AM »
Unlike last summer, It seems AVB has been able to bring in players that he has chosen, hence, placing his own stamp on the team/squad
We all know that in the past AVB has favoured a 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation, how do we think the team and style of play will shape up this season?

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Formation and style of play
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 09:40:56 AM »
Personally I think he will adapt the formation depending on who he is playing against. Also; he must also consider the players when adapting any formation.

I remember when Clive Allan was the loan striker up front; that was fine when he had the right players behind him or it was him up front; but changing it was a disaster.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline pieboy

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 09:48:07 AM »
In regards to the formation suiting the players, considering that he has had £50million to spend and has bought in 4 players (and more  expected to follow) should it not be expected that he should had bought in players to suit his formation and style of play rather the other way round?

not agreeing or disagreeing just putting the question out for discussion

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 09:55:25 AM »
In regards to the formation suiting the players, considering that he has had £50million to spend and has bought in 4 players (and more  expected to follow) should it not be expected that he should had bought in players to suit his formation and style of play rather the other way round?

not agreeing or disagreeing just putting the question out for discussion

Again I go back to what I said. Formation will depend on who we are facing. I think the players we've got (and maybe still getting) will fit into AVB's formation. You also got to remember; it is also about what players are available as well.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.