SpursNetwork

6 Players Released from Their Contracts

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
6 Players Released from Their Contracts
« on: June 08, 2013, 08:10:52 AM »
6 players released, Gallas, Bentley and Bostock among them!

Gallas TBH i wish him well he put in some great performances and arguably at one point our best CB, always a sterling professional.  Last season he faded and had some very poor games so I feel it is the right decision for both.  He has had a good career and done well for us overal good luck WG.

Bentley we paid to much, to much expectation due to the over inflated price tag and with his lack of general ability he was never going to be the player we wanted or expected, is it his fault? of course not a signing from the days when Levy would pay 15 mill for anyone!! He will probably join a lower EPL team and have a blinding season either that or play for his local pub each sunday.

Bostock, again another player brought in young planned to be an investment and sell at a huge profit, with this one again i believe his attitude was not right, no doubt the tug of war between us and Crystal Palace boosted his already big ego.  He goes after costing us transfer fee and wages with zero return.  Maybe he will join QPR lol

I really believe regarding youth we are better off developing from within very rarely do these young guns brougt in from other clubs as an "investment" work out.

So so wages saved, is this the start of a busy transfer window?
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Re: 6 Players Released from Their Contracts
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 08:19:28 AM »
All the best to all of them. Gallas was hounded when he joined us, but we all know he proved doubters wrong. He was solid and his experience kept our team running. Obviously injuries and his age have affected him, but despite his performances this season I can't blame him for not trying.

Bentley was a victim of the hype and his transfer fee. He had loads of potential, but he probably thought he was George Best. Apparently he didn't have that much potential. Fall-out with Redknapp probably didn't aid his cause.

Bostock to me is a typical young English player, some potential, some skill and an ego twice as big. There are managers who could have sorted him out, but I guess Redknapp and Villas-Boas were not that interested. Hopefully he'll sort himself out and find himself a new club. Actually there was an article about him a few months ago and he seemed to understand what went wrong.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 11:32:41 AM »
2 ex-gooners of the books. One who has been excellent for the club and the other pretty non existant.  Time for Gallas to go unfortunately. Sorry to see him go. 

Who are the other 3 to go?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 11:55:36 AM »
2 ex-gooners of the books. One who has been excellent for the club and the other pretty non existant.  Time for Gallas to go unfortunately. Sorry to see him go. 

Who are the other 3 to go?
Youth players Jack Barthram, Jack Munns and Jake Nicholson.

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 12:51:24 PM »

Gallas TBH i wish him well he put in some great performances and arguably at one point our best CB, always a sterling professional.  Last season he faded and had some very poor games so I feel it is the right decision for both.  He has had a good career and done well for us overal good luck WG.

Bentley we paid to much, to much expectation due to the over inflated price tag and with his lack of general ability he was never going to be the player we wanted or expected, is it his fault? of course not a signing from the days when Levy would pay 15 mill for anyone!! He will probably join a lower EPL team and have a blinding season either that or play for his local pub each sunday.

Bostock, again another player brought in young planned to be an investment and sell at a huge profit, with this one again i believe his attitude was not right, no doubt the tug of war between us and Crystal Palace boosted his already big ego.  He goes after costing us transfer fee and wages with zero return.  Maybe he will join QPR lol

I really believe regarding youth we are better off developing from within very rarely do these young guns brougt in from other clubs as an "investment" work out.

I think Gallas is to young to give up on, and we should give him another 4 year contract. Bentley was about the best winger I have seen, and we were lucky to get him at the price we did. Bostock is a really good glue, but not great for mending china because you can see the join.
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 05:29:48 PM »
Gallas is 35, I did like him but it sadly time for some young blood.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 03:24:45 AM »
       Gallas has been a good servant to this Club and always gave his all, unfortunately injuries and his age have caught up, thankyou William Gallas for your service to Spurs and I for one wish you good luck for the future.

:up: :up: :up:
:SN:[font

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 08:51:58 AM »
       Gallas has been a good servant to this Club and always gave his all, unfortunately injuries and his age have caught up, thankyou William Gallas for your service to Spurs and I for one wish you good luck for the future.

I like that nicely put mate, dont think there are any that could disagree!

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 09:53:58 AM »
I disagree, thought he was crap
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 10:20:49 AM »

I like that nicely put mate, dont think there are any that could disagree!

Apart from Baldy and his ball licking terrier of course!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 01:43:03 PM »

I think Gallas is to young to give up on, and we should give him another 4 year contract. Bentley was about the best winger I have seen, and we were lucky to get him at the price we did. Bostock is a really good glue, but not great for mending china because you can see the join.

LMFAO Baldy...... you sound like Voice !!!!!!

:2funny:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 01:43:45 PM »
Ugs, been ages where ya been mate you used to be a regular!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 02:58:30 PM »
Those players have served their time and we need to bring new and younger players in.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 03:01:46 PM »
Those players have served their time and we need to bring new and younger players in.

I dont agree that we should be looking at younger players as such, we need a balance of experience and proven players to come in and make an instant impact and of course younger players to naturally develop and integrate into the squad/team.

With this in mind I would like more to come through our youth ranks being THFC through nd through rather than having repeats of Bostock, Dos Santos where by they arrive with egos far bigger than their ability and due to immaturity end up stuffing it wasting our money and valuable time

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 03:07:14 PM »

I dont agree that we should be looking at younger players as such, we need a balance of experience and proven players to come in and make an instant impact and of course younger players to naturally develop and integrate into the squad/team.

With this in mind I would like more to come through our youth ranks being THFC through nd through rather than having repeats of Bostock, Dos Santos where by they arrive with egos far bigger than their ability and due to immaturity end up stuffing it wasting our money and valuable time

I do agree we need a mixture of age and youth. But how old is too old?
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.