From Daniel Levy

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
From Daniel Levy
« on: May 19, 2013, 02:23:43 PM »
A message from Daniel Levy -AR

"Dear Supporter

We should all have wanted to start today with our fate in our own hands regarding Champions League qualification after what has been a great season and one which has once again seen us qualify for Europe.

Our current tally of 69 points is just one point off our all-time highest total in the Premier League (2009/10) and already equals our total points tally for last season which saw us finish fourth, a measure of how competitive the Premier League remains. A win today will see us achieve our greatest Premier League points tally ever.
We started the season with a new Head Coach and Andre was introduced at our new Training Centre shortly ahead of its opening. It is the fantastic facility we planned, it has received much acclaim and praise from all over the world and it is a stand-out marker of the ambitions we have at this Club. Andre and his coaching team, Steffen Freund, Jose Mario Rocha, Luis Martins, Tony Parks and Daniel Sousa have had a great first season and are now well settled at the Club.

Gareth Bale deserves special mention. He has had a phenomenal season. We were proud to seen him honoured with a clean sweep of all three major player awards - PFA Player of the Year; PFA Young Player of the Year and FWA Footballer of the Year - and Jan Vertonghen was named in the PFA Team of the Year. Gareth is the first to remind anyone who congratulates him that this is a team effort and we have seen some outstanding performances from the First Team.
Tim Sherwood, John McDermott, Chris Ramsey and Les Ferdinand have led the way with our youth development and we have had notable success in a variety of competitions, indicating the strength and depth we have across the different age groups.
Our Under-21s have certainly had a fantastic season, reaching the Barclays U21 Premier League Final. They play Manchester United tomorrow and we wish them luck. We were delighted to see four of our young players selected for England U21s for this summer’s European U21 Championships - Steven Caulker, Danny Rose, Andros Townsend and Adam Smith.

Our loan system continues to work well in developing our players and this season saw Andros Townsend voted Player of the Year and Danny Rose voted Young Player of the Year for their respective loan clubs, QPR and Sunderland.

Looking ahead to the summer, we shall continue to seek to strengthen and improve the team and to retain key players. We also look forward to the return of Sandro and Younes who were missed this season but who are well on the road to full fitness.

Financial Fair Play (FFP) will hopefully see all clubs follow the kind of financial discipline we have followed as we run our Club on a sound financial basis without the benefit of a larger stadium. Short term cost control measures which limit the amount of increased broadcasting revenues clubs can spend to £4m per season and a requirement to break even will have an impact on clubs across Europe.

A large capacity stadium is fundamental to the ability to raise revenue and achieve future growth and success within FFP. Our 36,000 seater stadium has continued to sell out and our waiting list is now in excess of 42,000. Our new stadium plans are progressing and we are applying the same energies to delivering this hugely complex scheme as we did to the delivery of the new Training Centre.

Ledley will be on the pitch at half time after what has been his first full season since his retirement and his first as a Club Ambassador. He has taken to his new role with all the professionalism and presence he displayed throughout his playing career at the Club and we are so very proud to have him represent us in our local community and around the world. He has played an active role both in the regeneration work around the stadium and also with supporters groups domestically and internationally, having recently returned from South Africa and Sweden.
Indeed, one stand out feature of the season has been the growth in our supporter base globally. We have seen a 45% growth in the number of supporter groups and we now host official groups around the world in places such as Camp Bastion, Mumbai, Dallas and Moscow to name but a few of the new destinations. We are also currently adding one new supporter group per week from the States as the popularity of the game and 'The Spurs' takes off over there. Welcome to you all.

And to all our supporters, whether here today, home or abroad, on behalf of everyone at the Club, thank you. You are what this Club is all about.

I know the Lane will be rocking today with your support for yet another final day of the season, all-important win .

Enjoy the occasion and I wish you and your families a great summer ahead of seeing you here again in August.

Yours
Daniel"
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
Re: From Daniel Levy
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 02:44:54 PM »
If only all the other clubs followed the FFP as we do, but they don't. So how are we supposed to compete?

However it could be worse. Just heard that Barcelona and Real Madrid received 140 million Each for their T.V. deals whereas Malaga who finished 4th only got 14 million. Now that is a F*cking liberty and shows how certain clubs monopolise the industry. Unless you have a rich outside backer, no club will ever be able to reach the top, if they adhere to FFP.
Maybe next year...

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 08:44:26 PM »
If only all the other clubs followed the FFP as we do, but they don't. So how are we supposed to compete?

However it could be worse. Just heard that Barcelona and Real Madrid received 140 million Each for their T.V. deals whereas Malaga who finished 4th only got 14 million. Now that is a F*cking liberty and shows how certain clubs monopolise the industry. Unless you have a rich outside backer, no club will ever be able to reach the top, if they adhere to FFP.

Especially if your manager is a moron
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 09:16:56 PM »

Please explain why Villas-Boas is a moron. Thank you.

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 11:52:18 PM »

Statements like that just make you look a moron I am afraid.
Maybe next year...

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 06:54:25 AM »
There is only one attention seeking moron here!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 05:12:16 PM »

Is he? Our manager has managed to achieve the highest points since 1967, that doesn't make him a moron. In fact it makes him one of our best managers. On top of that we mustn't forget that this is his first season. He should be congratulated in what he has achieved.

On another note; to compete with the United's, City's and Chelsea's we need a bigger stadium. Which Levy has confirmed. Instead of criticising we should get behind our team and the club.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 05:12:59 PM »

Please explain why Villas-Boas is a moron. Thank you.

As I said in my previous post; he should be congratulated for what he has achieved.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 07:50:16 PM by Voice »
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 06:37:04 PM »

Is he? Our manager has managed to achieve the highest points since 1967, that doesn't make him a moron. In fact it makes him one of our best managers. On top of that we mustn't forget that this is his first season. He should be congratulated in what he has achieved.

On another note; to compete with the United's, City's and Chelsea's we need a bigger stadium. Which Levy has confirmed. Instead of criticising we should get behind our team and the club.

So when Levy gave him a target was it to get 72 points or was it to finish in the top 4. In other words, would you have preferred to finish 4th with 64pts or 5th with 72pts. I am pretty sure I know the answer. In this scenario points do not win prizes.

May I remind you that the manager you disliked so much (Arry) got sacked for finishing 4th after tailing off towards the end of the season, whilst AVB finished 5th after doing exactly the same thing. If Levy is to be consistent he should now sack AVB. Of course he won't, because AVB is a puppet, and Arry was a man !!

The strange thing is that there a few Spurs supporters that actually think we had a good season. I endured week after week of flat boring and largely ineffective football, in the hope that Bale would come up with some magic, which fortunately most of the time he did. The fact of the matter is that the real supporters will now have to put up with Thursday nights and Sundays for yet another season. For the armchair supporter I suppose this doesn't matter. That season was a complete disaster and I for one thank God it's finished.

Unfortunately for AVB, I believe that Man Utd,  Citeh, Chelsea and even Ars*nal will spend heavily and improve their squads, whilst Levy will spend his £400k pay rise on a new swimming pool, and a chunk of THFC's  revenue on keeping the fat cat shareholders happy, despite the fact the club lost money this year.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 07:11:47 PM »
So when Levy gave him a target was it to get 72 points or was it to finish in the top 4. In other words, would you have preferred to finish 4th with 64pts or 5th with 72pts. I am pretty sure I know the answer. In this scenario points do not win prizes.
Having a target is one thing, but achieving it is another. Yes, I would have preferred that we finished in the top 4 but we didn’t. But what we did do was better than previous managers; points wise. On top of that this is AVB’s first season. We must give him credit for an excellent job.

May I remind you that the manager you disliked so much (Arry) got sacked for finishing 4th after tailing off towards the end of the season, whilst AVB finished 5th after doing exactly the same thing. If Levy is to be consistent he should now sack AVB. Of course he won't, because AVB is a puppet, and Arry was a man !!
I have never said I dislike him. In fact if you check back I gave him credit for what he achieved. But he could take us no further. In Harry’s first season he finished 8th. In AVB’s first season he finished 5th. You do the maths. AVB is a good manager and what he has achieved this season proves it; that is in his first season. You don’t sack good managers; more so in their first season.
The strange thing is that there a few Spurs supporters that actually think we had a good season. I endured week after week of flat boring and largely ineffective football, in the hope that Bale would come up with some magic, which fortunately most of the time he did. The fact of the matter is that the real supporters will now have to put up with Thursday nights and Sundays for yet another season. For the armchair supporter I suppose this doesn't matter. That season was a complete disaster and I for one thank God it's finished.
As you know I am not an armchair supporter but actually go. I thought for AVB’s first season it was a good season. Add to that that the clubs above us are far richer than us. That is why we need a new stadium.
Unfortunately for AVB, I believe that Man Utd,  Citeh, Chelsea and even Ars*nal will spend heavily and improve their squads, whilst Levy will spend his £400k pay rise on a new swimming pool, and a chunk of THFC's  revenue on keeping the fat cat shareholders happy, despite the fact the club lost money this year.
This comment has nothing to do with reality but your dislike for the manger and Mr Levy.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 05:41:26 PM »
Having a target is one thing, but achieving it is another. Yes, I would have preferred that we finished in the top 4 but we didn’t. But what we did do was better than previous managers; points wise. On top of that this is AVB’s first season. We must give him credit for an excellent job.

I have never said I dislike him. In fact if you check back I gave him credit for what he achieved. But he could take us no further. In Harry’s first season he finished 8th. In AVB’s first season he finished 5th. You do the maths. AVB is a good manager and what he has achieved this season proves it; that is in his first season. You don’t sack good managers; more so in their first season.
As you know I am not an armchair supporter but actually go. I thought for AVB’s first season it was a good season. Add to that that the clubs above us are far richer than us. That is why we need a new stadium.
This comment has nothing to do with reality but your dislike for the manger and Mr Levy.

With regards to your comment about Levy. have a look at the companies financial statement and you will see that Levy indeed gave himself a large rise, and the club lost money.

So what excellent job did AVB do. We got knocked out of the League cup by Norwich, we got knocked out of the F.A cup against Leeds, we got knocked out of the Europa cup by Bazel. These three clubs in total have a value of less than Garath Bale. We got a total of one point against Wigan, and one point against Norwich. We lost at home against a poor Fulham side. 1-0 up against Everton on the 89th minute and we lost 2-1. This is the man who started the season by playing Jenas, Gallas and Livemore at once. It wouldn't be so bad if the football was entertaining, but this 4-2-3-1 formation is painful to watch unless we go a goal down. This is the idiot that wanted to sell Dawson and Thudd, and now has them 1st on the team sheet (for the record I would sell Thudd as well). I like the fact he is animated and surprisingly appears to have the players on his side, but to be honest, apart from that I believe he is one of the worst managers  I have ever seen in the prem. How on earth can you think that coming 5th and not winning anything has been a good season. The 72 points has absolutely no relevance at all !!

The fact is that we all know Levy won't buy unless we sell, and that accompanied by a manager who has no idea what he is doing, does not make the future look to bright. On a positive note, the noises coming out of the Lane would indicate we may have Bale for another season, THANK GOOD FOR THAT

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 06:41:02 PM »

With regards to your comment about Levy. have a look at the companies financial statement and you will see that Levy indeed gave himself a large rise, and the club lost money.
I didn’t said he didn’t give himself a pay rise or that the club didn’t lose money.

So what excellent job did AVB do. We got knocked out of the League cup by Norwich, we got knocked out of the F.A cup against Leeds, we got knocked out of the Europa cup by Bazel. These three clubs in total have a value of less than Garath Bale. We got a total of one point against Wigan, and one point against Norwich. We lost at home against a poor Fulham side. 1-0 up against Everton on the 89th minute and we lost 2-1. This is the man who started the season by playing Jenas, Gallas and Livemore at once. It wouldn't be so bad if the football was entertaining, but this 4-2-3-1 formation is painful to watch unless we go a goal down. This is the idiot that wanted to sell Dawson and Thudd, and now has them 1st on the team sheet (for the record I would sell Thudd as well). I like the fact he is animated and surprisingly appears to have the players on his side, but to be honest, apart from that I believe he is one of the worst managers  I have ever seen in the prem. How on earth can you think that coming 5th and not winning anything has been a good season. The 72 points has absolutely no relevance at all !!
Remind me when we were last in a Cup Final?
How do we know what the reasons were when he played certain players? How do we know we would have got a better result.
Spurs finished 5th; which is good going for a manager in his first season. Not even Bill Nicholson or even Harry achieved that. Compared to past managers he is doing a brilliant job. Whether that will continue only time will tell. Let us give him the credit he deserves.
The fact is that we all know Levy won't buy unless we sell, and that accompanied by a manager who has no idea what he is doing, does not make the future look to bright. On a positive note, the noises coming out of the Lane would indicate we may have Bale for another season, THANK GOOD FOR THAT
All clubs sell and buy players; it is part of football. That doesn’t mean we can’t get good new players in. You are too cynical.
Maybe we should thank Mr Levy and AVB if Bale stays. They’ve all public said that AVB has done a good job and want to continue playing for him.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 07:32:19 PM »

I didn’t said he didn’t give himself a pay rise or that the club didn’t lose money.

Remind me when we were last in a Cup Final?
How do we know what the reasons were when he played certain players? How do we know we would have got a better result.
Spurs finished 5th; which is good going for a manager in his first season. Not even Bill Nicholson or even Harry achieved that. Compared to past managers he is doing a brilliant job. Whether that will continue only time will tell. Let us give him the credit he deserves.
All clubs sell and buy players; it is part of football. That doesn’t mean we can’t get good new players in. You are too cynical.
Maybe we should thank Mr Levy and AVB if Bale stays. They’ve all public said that AVB has done a good job and want to continue playing for him.

We got knocked out of 3 cups through bad tactical decisions, and finished 5th after being 7 pts clear. I do however admit that the majority of our problems are due to Mr levy's reluctance to spend. I, and many others said in January that not buying a striker would cost us CL, and we were right. Please don't tell me that we are a poor club again, because we are not. If our owner bought Spurs a new stadium from his own money, a new team that could win the Prem and the CL, as well as a couple of Jumbo jets, he would still be left with 10 x the wealth of David Bekham. Lewis is in the business of making money, and not spending it, however that doesn't put us in the same category as Leeds. Unfortunately the club you and I love is owned and run by people who's only ambition is to make money, and not to win trophies. Levy's history proves my point. One league cup since he joined us. Oh, and here is a little statistic. Approximately 55% of this years season ticket increase has gone directly in to Levy's pocket through his pay increase. Do you still love him, VOICE ?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 08:07:21 PM by baldbloke »

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 08:12:27 PM »
We got knocked out of 3 cups through bad tactical decisions, and finished 5th after being 7 pts clear. I do however admit that the majority of our problems are due to Mr levy's reluctance to spend. I, and many others said in January that not buying a striker would cost us CL, and we were right. Please don't tell me that we are a poor club again, because we are not. If our owner bought Spurs a new stadium from his own money, a new team that could win the Prem and the CL, as well as a couple of Jumbo jets, he would still be left with 10 x the wealth of David Bekham. Lewis is in the business of making money, and not spending it, however that doesn't put us in the same category as Leeds. Unfortunately the club you and I love is owned and run by people who's only ambition is to make money, and not to win trophies. Levy's history proves my point. One league cup since he joined us !!
A lot of what you said is hypothetical (about buying another player) so we don’t really know.
As for being knocked out of three cups; so was Man Utd. That doesn’t make them a bad team. Granted they won the league but then they have more financial clout than we do. Actually and thinking about it is more shocking that City and United got knocked out of the cup competitions with all their money they’ve got than Spurs have.
I never said we were a poor club, just that we can’t compete with United, city or Chelsea (at the moment). We haven’t got their resources. Considering our financial situation compared to the rest of the league and United, City, Chelsea and Ars*nal we are in the right spot. Some have argued that we’ve been punching above our weight.

In fact Lewis and Levy have put their money into our club.

Actually all owners are in the business of making money. People like City, United and Chelsea have a bit more than Levy and Lewis; which reflects our position. If they were as tight as you make out I am sure we would have been near the bottom end, instead of the top end.
I disagree with you that Levy’s history proves your point. However, what it does prove is that – up until now – he has been unable to pick the right manager to manage this club. The money has been there, just not the right manager.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 08:55:26 PM »
We got knocked out of 3 cups through bad tactical decisions, and finished 5th after being 7 pts clear. I do however admit that the majority of our problems are due to Mr levy's reluctance to spend. I, and many others said in January that not buying a striker would cost us CL, and we were right. Please don't tell me that we are a poor club again, because we are not. If our owner bought Spurs a new stadium from his own money, a new team that could win the Prem and the CL, as well as a couple of Jumbo jets, he would still be left with 10 x the wealth of David Bekham. Lewis is in the business of making money, and not spending it, however that doesn't put us in the same category as Leeds. Unfortunately the club you and I love is owned and run by people who's only ambition is to make money, and not to win trophies. Levy's history proves my point. One league cup since he joined us !!
A lot of what you said is hypothetical (about buying another player) so we don’t really know.
As for being knocked out of three cups; so was Man Utd. That doesn’t make them a bad team. Granted they won the league but then they have more financial clout than we do. Actually and thinking about it is more shocking that City and United got knocked out of the cup competitions with all their money they’ve got than Spurs have.
I never said we were a poor club, just that we can’t compete with United, city or Chelsea (at the moment). We haven’t got their resources. Considering our financial situation compared to the rest of the league and United, City, Chelsea and Ars*nal we are in the right spot. Some have argued that we’ve been punching above our weight.

In fact Lewis and Levy have put their money into our club.

Actually all owners are in the business of making money. People like City, United and Chelsea have a bit more than Levy and Lewis; which reflects our position. If they were as tight as you make out I am sure we would have been near the bottom end, instead of the top end.
I disagree with you that Levy’s history proves your point. However, what it does prove is that – up until now – he has been unable to pick the right manager to manage this club. The money has been there, just not the right manager.

Point one, Levy and Lewis have not put a single penny of their own money into the club.

Levy has had a record of picking poor managers, and that is his fault and nobody else's. Whether you liked him or not, Arry was by far our most successful manager for years, and Levy sacked him. I will say it again. Levy has been the chairman for about 12 years, in that time we have won one league cup. For a club of our stature that is nothing short of shocking. Last year we made a loss, and spent nothing in the transfer market, yet he still gave himself a rise equivalent to 17 average peoples total annual salary. I find it amazing that you attempt to defend this man.