SpursNetwork

Jan Transfer Window Bulletin Board

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Jan Transfer Window Bulletin Board
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2010, 01:55:19 PM »
I think all these rumours are most likey porkies  :santa_afro:
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2010, 10:32:40 AM »
Gareth Keown to any Ars*nal Forum

:santa_afro:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2010, 10:50:38 AM »
The Ashley Young rumour has popped up yet again today, but it says that he has turned down an improved contract at Villa of 75,000 a week?! I cannot see us paying that much at all and breaking our wage structure, but maybe he will take up our offer to come and play for a bigger and better club but less wages? I honestly think he could add something to our squad because he can play in more than one position and has pace and a great cross on him. COYS

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2010, 11:47:28 AM »
A.Youg wouldnt break our current wage-structure (which is always changing anyway) with 75k a week, as Modric contract is at 80k a week, as it is...

A.Young works on many levels :-

1) good options to p/x players to an under-staffed Prem club eg. with Keano, Bentlegs, Krankie and O'Lloyd

2) can play either flank, so we can rest Bale or Lennon without worry

3) will be good alternative for when Bale goes in the summer

4) he is a London lad and will gel well with the squad, as he speaks the London patois and knows the best joints to hang loose with the bad-bwoys already.... innit bro ??

I likes it  :santa_afro:

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 04:41:15 PM »
Gareth Keown to any Ars*nal Forum

:santa_afro:

Lol yeah that a free transfer!

On the Ashley Young rumour, he would be a good addition GK some valid points as to why

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 02:46:53 AM »
Robbie Keane wanted by West Ham on loan and we pay his wages WTF 65k per week, we are trying to sell for 5mill, apparently Newcastle monitoring..... straight swap for Carroll minus his wig though as he spends alot of time and effort ajusting that pony tail  :coolsmiley:

Cesc to Real Madrid.... I would wet my pants with laughter if that happens!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 03:03:31 AM by Metalanimal »

Offline jaymeariel

• Yid till I die
  • Hero: VDVaart at the moment, all time Ginola
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 11:48:10 AM »
The one I have heard is Harry Hotspur has an ITK with regards to Benzema joining on loan with a view to a permanent move its picked up pace as well the transfer tavern reported on it.

It would be too good to be true we would be unstoppable, I seriously think if we had a striker to the standards of our other rivals we would win the league.

Van Persie, Rooney, Tevez, Torres, Drogba

Just one of Suarez, Benzema etc and that would be it. Someone who takes 1 in every 2/3 chances and doesnt go missing, Benzema would be my choice and he would come because of VDV.
JayJay

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 12:35:57 PM »
unless we get rid of at least Keano and Bentlegs in p/x, we really shouldnt bother about Carroll.... he is abit of a lumbering ox and not really suited to our style of play.... the recent game at WHL showed how limited he really is: just a hustle-bustle merchant with little else to offer..

Benzema would be ideal.... Pienaar as cover on either flank for a song..... Becks for CM and mentoring role.... and we iz cookin!!

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2010, 02:19:02 PM »
The one I have heard is Harry Hotspur has an ITK with regards to Benzema joining on loan with a view to a permanent move its picked up pace as well the transfer tavern reported on it.

It would be too good to be true we would be unstoppable, I seriously think if we had a striker to the standards of our other rivals we would win the league.

Van Persie, Rooney, Tevez, Torres, Drogba

Just one of Suarez, Benzema etc and that would be it. Someone who takes 1 in every 2/3 chances and doesnt go missing, Benzema would be my choice and he would come because of VDV.

Benzema on loan that would be amazing business! :crazy2:

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2010, 02:36:50 PM »
just been watching Sky sports news and they had some agent on there.

and he said Spurs are close to loaning a player from Spain

Benzema or Fabiano?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 03:32:18 PM by Biggs »

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2010, 03:25:48 PM »
Nobody in until we ship a few out. I think they probably have a new home for Keane but i am struggling to see who is going to take on others.

No idea of names but i dont imagine we will be far off with two out and one in. Hopefully the one we get in is a top quality proven stiker. (not Camerone Jerome)

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2010, 03:56:24 PM »
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says he will not spend for the sake of it during the January transfer window.

Club chairman Daniel Levy has made funds available but Redknapp does not believe there are many top-class players available.
"The owner would like me to go out and spend his money and buy somebody who could make the difference," he said.
"But I don't know where that player is. We're not in a position where we need to panic buy."
Spurs are fifth in the Premier League, five points behind leaders Manchester United, and have reached the last 16 of the Champions League.

But Redknapp is sceptical that he could lure a player of sufficient calibre to enhance Tottenham's squad.
"Unless it's somebody who's going to make a difference to the team then we really wouldn't bother," he added.
"I know where they are but they're not for sale - we can't go and buy the people that you'd put your life on.
"Anybody whose got anybody who's real top class, they don't want to sell them at this stage of the season."
Several Spurs players, including Robbie Keane, David Bentley and Niko Kranjcar, have been linked with loan moves in January.
Redknapp said Keane was only available for transfer and urged the Irishman to stay and fight for his place.
"He can still play a big part for us," he said. "He's still got fantastic ability and enthusiasm for the game. We'll see what happens there."

When Appy Arry comes out with statments like that..that usually means we are going to bring at least 2 or 3 in :santa_wink:

"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2010, 05:35:06 PM »
That Benzema loan deal rumour (with option to buy) has really picked up the pace today especially in the last few hours, lots of media outlets are reporting it. If it happens this could be just what were looking for!  :santa_grin:

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2010, 05:48:46 PM »
I wonder how likely the Benzema loan deal is. Any credible sources? That would be a great move for us!
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2010, 06:29:42 PM »
I'm not sure where Benzema came from...but i personally think its him or Fabiano.

I read that its Levy who wants a Big Signing/Statement in Jan and Harry is alittle reluctant to spend big