Barclays Premier League - 20th Jan 2010 - KO 20:00 - Ground: Anfield

TV: Sky Sports 1 | Live Feed | Make Prediction

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 06:15:53 PM by Biggs »

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Liverpool Vs Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 12:00:00 PM »
After watching a full strength Liverpool side get completely outplayed and lucky to escape with a draw, away at Reading on the weekend i am pretty confident about this one. They were absoltuley terrible in all areas against a struggling Championship side. Even though it is away at Anfield at the moment teams who are going there are not being dominated by Liverpool like they use to be. Im confident for a win but would settle for a draw i suppose. Another clean sheet would be great also. Spurs 2-1 win, also we should play Modric and Krancjar together.

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 04:14:45 AM »
Just so everyone knows. My Spurs mug that I have had for 30 years and has supplied me with thousands of cuppas while i sat up in the early hours watching the Spurs, a mug that cost a quid from a dodgy roadside market and given to me from a fellow Kiwi as i was on my way back to NZ, broke just before Christmas.
This mug had written on it 'Spurs are magic' but for many of those games the magic was in short supply. Since the shattering of the mug Spurs have been unbeaten and have not conceded a goal. Coincidence??? I think not.
My belief is that the mug had a telepathic link with Gomes and the breaking of the mug has released the true athlete within the mad Brazilian. The best is yet to come.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 09:42:00 AM »
I beileve the game is on Sky Sports 1.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 02:00:40 PM »
Is Lennon available for this one? Also what is the news on BAE?

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 05:24:43 PM »
Regardless of injury satus BAE cannot play while the cup of nations is going on, FINAL. Lennon is struggling to be fit, however that could mean we line up exactley the same as we did against the posh, bar hutton. We've been playing so well of late, whereas the scousers are doing sh*te. Villa beat 'em at anfield and i think we will too. 2-0 Spurs!

C.O.Y.S
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 05:35:58 PM »
I think Crouch and King will play, rather than Keane and Bassong.

I heard Lennon is struggling also

Only thing is will this leave us to narrow with both Modric and Kranjcar as they both like to cut inside.

But that might be a good thing against the 5 in the middle of Liverpool

Offline Lowestoft Yid

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 09:20:11 AM »
I hope the game goes ahead with all this bad weather, as i think its a great time to play them!
COYS

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 06:21:38 PM »
Liverpool's Premier League match against Tottenham on Sunday has been postponed due to the icy weather conditions.

Although the pitch at Anfield is playable, police advised that the game be called off due to safety concerns.

The roads and paths leading to the stadium remain treacherous, and the freezing temperatures are expected to continue over the weekend.

No new date has been set for the re-arranged match.

A Liverpool club spokesman said: "The safety of our fans is paramount and an assessment of both the prevailing conditions and the weather forecast for the next 48 hours has been made in arriving at the decision to call off the match.

"All existing tickets will remain valid for the re-arranged game. We will also offer refunds and will publish a deadline date for refunds once the re-arranged fixture date is announced, such that we can re-sell any returned seats to other supporters."

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 11:36:30 PM »
Pity I think we may well have beaten them on sunday. By the time we  get to the new date they will have strengthened in the transfer window and may well be a  different proposition. On the plus side we should have Lennon back. Just as an aside how come we are allowed to go sliding about on the ice in Tescos car park but cannot go and watch a game of football in case we fall on our asses. Surely the Premier League is not running scared from the ambulance chasing lawyers. 

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 10:03:24 AM »
Great now i will have to take the missus shopping or find something better to do (any ideas?) I hate weekends without Premier League football such as the international break but with NO footy at all!?! I was going to go with my brother to watch his side (Bristol City) play away at Crystal Palace but that one has just been called off aswell.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
Re: Liverpool v Tottenham
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 08:44:47 AM »
Gerrard and Torres both out for this game

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 10:50:46 AM »
Liverpool have the option of reverting to a more attack-minded line-up for this rearranged Premier League game.

New signing Maxi Rodriguez could make his full debut, while Albert Riera and Alberto Aquilani may be promoted from the bench.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says he will rotate his side, with Peter Crouch among those expected to benefit.

Spurs are hopeful that Ledley King will be fit to play, having missed Saturday's home draw against Hill.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liverpool

Suspended: None Doubtful: None

Injured: Benayoun (broken rib), El Zhar & Kelly (both ankle), Gerrard (hamstring), Johnson & Torres (both knee)

Tottenham

Suspended: None Doubtful: King (knee)

Injured: Assou-Ekotto, Hutton, Lennon & Woodgate (all groin), Cudicini (broken wrists)

MATCH PREVIEW
Liverpool may have laboured while Tottenham have been lauded, but a home win at Anfield would leave just a point between them in the pursuit of a Champions League spot.

It is shaping up to be a four-way battle for fourth place, with Liverpool reprieved at the weekend by the failure of the other contenders to even manage a goal between them. Liverpool's prospects will be given renewed hope if they can win this rearranged fixture, which fell victim to the freezing temperatures earlier this month.

Tottenham were unlucky to find Hull goalkeeper Boaz Myhill in inspired form in Saturday's goalless draw and their progress has been so impressive that their manager Harry Redknapp, a renowned wheeler-dealer, claims there is not one player he is thinking of signing during the January transfer window.

Nonetheless, Redknapp has been unable to buy a win at Anfield; his previous 500 Premier League games as a manager do not include a single away victory against Liverpool. He has only managed four draws in 12 visits, with his side failing to score on nine occasions.

Redknapp will be acutely aware this is an opportune time to end Liverpool's stranglehold, both on this fixture and a top-four finish.

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 03:16:26 PM »
O'Hara's back and may play as Harry has said that he may rotate the side. Why, God knows
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 09:40:53 PM »
O'Hara's back and may play as Harry has said that he may rotate the side. Why, God knows
Well, it seems that Huddlestone is out with a knee-injury, so O'Hara will probably play some part.