SpursNetwork

Berbatov To Stay

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Berbatov To Stay
« on: May 10, 2007, 03:17:08 PM »
Dimitar Berbatov's agent has slammed any speculations linking his client with a move away from White Hart Lane. Berbatov has caught the eye of several top clubs, in what has been a fantastic debut season for him.

The likes of Chelsea and Manchester United have all been linked with the Bulgarian, and are ready to make a bid for the classy forward.

However, Berbatov's representative Emil Dantchev, has said on a number of occasions the player will stay at Spurs for at least another season.

"Nothing has changed - except for the number of goals that he has scored," Dantchev told the Guardian. "He is very happy with Tottenham." Meanwhile Martin Jol has said to be confident in keeping his skilful striker.

"He would be in my team of the year, but there is a lot of room for improvement," said Jol.

"He's not surprised me, but the only thing is how they gel with other players when they come from a different country. After a couple of weeks, he was always on fire.

"I think Dimitar can score 20 in the Premiership because there are players doing that and I think he is as talented as any other player.

"In Germany, he scored on average over 20 goals and that is a good league."