SpursNetwork

Rosicky dive

Rosicky dive
« on: April 26, 2007, 11:01:20 PM »
Does anyone else think the time has come to introduce retrospective discipline for diving or otherwise play acting, as there is for dangerous play. It now seems a regular occurence, and I feel is bringing the game into disrepute. Rosicky`s dive for ****nal`s first on Saturday is a good example, the ref was making shirt tugging motions when Jenas was clearly not holding his shirt, or in fact fouling him in any way. It speaks volumes that not much was said about this at the time, as if we`re now coming to accept it as an inevitable part of the game.
If players knew they would be facing a suspension when they were clearly shown to be diving, I think we`d see a big improvement pretty quickly.

Rosicky dive
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 11:06:46 PM »
I agree. If after the game a player is proven to have dived then he should face a suspension. Diving ruins the game and should be exterminated from the game.

Berba's girl

Rosicky dive
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 11:23:39 PM »
Here here! The punishment should be worse if the dive leads to a penalty or a free kick which is converted. :smiley_whip:   I can't stand cheats. I was completely ashamed when Zokora gained a penalty vs Pompey earlier in the season. I just don't want to see it, especially in the team I adore. Just glad that isn't the Spurs way (the majority of the time).

Rosicky dive
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 11:31:00 PM »
Totally agree, it spoils the whole game and ultimately decides who wins and loses. and it would have to be suspension because fines mean nothing.

Rosicky dive
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 05:20:11 AM »
I think there should be a video ref at the top games and if he spots any cheating the offending player gets called off the pitch into a sin-bin for 10 minutes with no contact from anyone and if the free/penalty kick resulted in a goal it is discounted immediatly.
:spurs crest:

Rosicky dive
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 10:36:40 AM »
Quote from: topperspur;5739
I think there should be a video ref at the top games and if he spots any cheating the offending player gets called off the pitch into a sin-bin for 10 minutes with no contact from anyone and if the free/penalty kick resulted in a goal it is discounted immediatly.

I've pondered on the issue of a sin bin but I worry that if that did ever happen the game would stop and start too much and I don't think that's good in a game of football. It's the same as the idea that refs can look at video footage before making a decision, it would just take too long.

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Rosicky dive
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 10:38:44 AM »
Totally agree with whats being said, cheats need to be punished. No room for it in football.

Rosicky dive
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 01:52:32 PM »
Quote from: Jude106;5747
I've pondered on the issue of a sin bin but I worry that if that did ever happen the game would stop and start too much and I don't think that's good in a game of football. It's the same as the idea that refs can look at video footage before making a decision, it would just take too long.

Vid ref and sin-bin work in rugby union without too much fuss.I reckon it could be applied to football with a little thought.
:spurs crest:

Rosicky dive
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 04:04:05 PM »
Quote from: topperspur;5781
Vid ref and sin-bin work in rugby union without too much fuss.I reckon it could be applied to football with a little thought.

The sin bin works really well in rugby but that's beacuse rugby stops and starts a lot anyway and is therefore easier to apply without a big interruption.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Rosicky dive
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 05:32:38 PM »
I have felt for a long time that if a player is found retrospectively to have cheated be it diving or feigning injury the Manager should be fined. How much diving would Rosicky do if every time he did it it cost Wenger £10,000 or put  it another way how often would he get in the team if his actions cost Wenger £10,000

Rosicky dive
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 05:43:23 PM »
how about a staright red for any1 diving + a 3 match ban

Rosicky dive
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 07:18:26 PM »
A sin bin is what we need.

Caught diving and your off for 5 minutes. :cool:

Shame it is, we would have beaten Ars*nal 2-0 without their ****ting dives :mad:

Offline JGT

Rosicky dive
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 03:35:57 PM »
Quote from: Dimitar B.;5843
A sin bin is what we need.

Caught diving and your off for 5 minutes. :cool:

Shame it is, we would have beaten Ars*nal 2-0 without their ****ting dives :mad:
If that was in place, Eboue would never be on the pitch!!