SpursNetwork

Berba Ready For Battle

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Berba Ready For Battle
« on: April 28, 2007, 11:06:11 AM »
Dimitar Berbatov will lock horns again with former team-mate Emanuel Pogatetz at Middlesbrough on Saturday.

The pair spent four seasons together at Bayer Leverkusen in Germany’s Bundesliga before the Austrian international switch to the Premiership and Middlesbrough last season. Dimitar followed the same path to the Lane last summer.

A renowned tough defender, Pogatetz has been a regular for Boro this campaign, picking up 11 yellow cards along the way!

“He’s a tough defender and he’s a little crazy, but you have to be crazy to be a defender!” smiled Dimitar before travelling to Teeside.

“He’s a great guy and I had a great time with him during my time at Bayer Leverkusen, when we were together for four seasons.

“He’s very young, younger than me (he’s 24) and he’s doing well for Middlesbrough, so I’m pleased for him and it will be difficult for us.”

Although pleased to see his friend again – the pair met at the Lane earlier in the season, Dimitar scoring in our 2-1 win – Dimitar conceded that he didn’t particularly enjoy facing former team-mates.

“Sometimes it’s difficult,” he added. “Personally, I don’t like it too much, but once you step on the pitch there are no friends – you play for your team and try to win the game.”

That Pogatetz is crazy, always getting into scraps when I see him play. Let's hope Berba gets one over him today, should be a good little battle between them.

Berba Ready For Battle
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 11:11:10 AM »
Berba seems v modest playing with old team mates - remember his non-celebration after scoring in the UEFA...

Berba Ready For Battle
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 11:13:05 AM »
Berbs hopefully scores a hat trick today in a 3-1 win for us.

Berba Ready For Battle
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 11:13:08 AM »
Change the word crazy for dirty.  I am shocked that he only has 11 yellow cards.

Berba Ready For Battle
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 12:21:47 PM »
Yeah Berba will get one over on him no probs. Hope he scores lots of goals!

Berba Ready For Battle
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 01:41:24 PM »
Nice to see respect, the man just oozes class.
There be dragons