SpursNetwork

a little bit more about me

a little bit more about me
« on: April 21, 2007, 05:05:08 PM »
A little bit about myself: I have been a (confirmed) spurs fan since around the age of 10...the reason I say confirmed is this. My first live football match was spurs vs b'ham city circa late 70's...I was in the away section, my dad took me to the game...I don't recall seeing much of the game,lol, just seem to recollect a lot of drunken spurs fans(don't forget I was young) sitting down (by the way there were no sits just terracing) playing cards and singing "jingle bells, jingle bells...oh what fun it is to see Tottenham win away"..I guess we won the game lol...

I wish I could say that that was the day I became hooked...however that was not the case. However the seed was planted and it was only a matter of time before the Tottenham flower would truly bloom. For the next couple of seasons my uncle would take me to b'ham games (if you haven't guessed I was and still do live in Birmingham)...got some fun memories, but like I said the spurs seed had been planted. I think around about the time I was aged 10 that it became official with all my mates that I was a SPURS fan ( never looked back since)... there have been some highs and lows along the way...regret no going to the second leg of the ueffa cup in 84, me and a mate had planned to skip off school and travel down to the game, however the TV had to do...Remember standing behind the goal in the 87 cup final when spurs conceded an own goal ( how the hell did we loose that final, the season we were having...the things that dreams are made of, Allen only had to sneeze and he scored that season...someone must of gave him paracetamol for the game, lol...A BIG THANKYOU as well to a true spurs fan called Andrew, also from B'ham, who sold me his ticket on the day of the game( for the face value,£6 I think...couldn't go due to work commitments).

Sorry guys I realise I’m waffling a bit here, but I would be interested to hear from others re their experiences/memories about spurs...to finish on a high point one of the best games I went to was against sheff wed when klinseman made his debut...I was convinced that we were gonna win the league that year after our first 2 games...however ossie's defence frailties were soon sussed...lol..

Hope to hear of some of you...all the best little_o