SpursNetwork

Our League Fate Is Now Out of Our Hands

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Our League Fate Is Now "IN" Our Hands
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2013, 06:50:56 PM »
Ars*nal are now one point ahead of us, but we have a game in hand. If we can win our remaining five fixtures, we will finish fourth. For some reason I don't believe Chelsea will slip up. It doesn't matter they're in Europa League as they've used to playing in Europe every year.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2013, 07:32:35 PM »
*wonders if Metal will change the topic again*  ;) :hide:

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2013, 06:44:49 AM »

Lol errrrrrrrrrrrrr well at this point it is still in our hands so I reckon I'll leave the title as is for now........ that game in hand is a must win.

I have to agree with Riff I cant see Chelsea slipping up shame we still have to play them it will be a massive game.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2013, 10:43:58 PM »

Lol errrrrrrrrrrrrr well at this point it is still in our hands so I reckon I'll leave the title as is for now........ that game in hand is a must win.

I have to agree with Riff I cant see Chelsea slipping up shame we still have to play them it will be a massive game.

Massive is not the word!  The gooners are praying for us to lose so that they can nick 4th place!

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2013, 07:21:27 AM »
My feeling is that we will need to win all 4 games. However, I see us blowing it big style unfortunately. 2 home wins, lose at Chelski, draw at Stoke. Sorry I cant be more optimistic. Ars*nal 3 wins, Chelsea 3 wins & a draw.

Offline a12 warrior

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2013, 08:26:05 AM »
 All uphill from here now!

Not over but its going to be really tough and will hinge on the Chelsea game which without a       doubt Spurs will go into as the underdogs not impossible but not a fixture you would want. :nope: 

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2013, 11:17:30 AM »
A challenge for sure but possible.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2013, 05:13:24 PM »
My feeling is that we will need to win all 4 games. However, I see us blowing it big style unfortunately. 2 home wins, lose at Chelski, draw at Stoke. Sorry I cant be more optimistic. Ars*nal 3 wins, Chelsea 3 wins & a draw.

I think we will win at Chelsea. Were you one of them who said that City, United and Ars*nal would beat us in our last games with them?
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2013, 05:24:29 PM »

I think we will win at Chelsea. Were you one of them who said that City, United and Ars*nal would beat us in our last games with them?
I think it has become evident over the years how Spurs and pressure get along.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2013, 06:27:29 PM »

I think it has become evident over the years how Spurs and pressure get along.

We can't keep looking into the past. We've got a new manager and good players. You could have said the same before the City game and we beat them.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2013, 09:29:02 PM »
I admire you optimism Voice. I always try to look at the better side of everything and the final 4 games are not by any means a foregone conclusion. 

We are about to witness how good we can really be, so let's keep our chins up :up:

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2013, 06:06:20 AM »
And don't forget Chelsea have a big week coming up. FC Basel, Man Utd and us all in 7 days. They could be knackered by the time they get to us.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2013, 07:57:41 AM »

I dont remember saying anything about Man Utd & Ars*nal. I didn't think we would beat City, however the 7 minutes of brilliance came right out of the blue as we were being outplayed up until then.

As for Chelsea, my heart says yes, but my head says no. Fair enough, they have 2 games inbetween to our one, its just that we never ever do any good away at Chelsea. Wheras against Man City over the years we have had some great results, as well as getting smashed.

Away to Stoke as well, I dont really see us doing any better that we did at Wigan.

I really wish that I felt more positive, I just don't.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2013, 12:52:08 PM »
Voice,
       You keep saying we have good players, a good coach and a good Chairman, I think it is there for all of us to see, we have a couple of outstanding players and the rest are average, the Jury is still out on the coach, the Chairman ain't that good, his ineptness in the transfer market will probably cost us CL, and because of his lack of foresight there is every chance that what good players we do have, we have every chance of losing. If we don't finish Top 4, then this year is, as far as I am concerned and a lot of other Spurs Fans, a complete failure.

:-\ :-\ :-\ [size=78%] [/size]
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2013, 05:09:47 PM »
Voice,
       You keep saying we have good players, a good coach and a good Chairman, I think it is there for all of us to see, we have a couple of outstanding players and the rest are average, the Jury is still out on the coach, the Chairman ain't that good, his ineptness in the transfer market will probably cost us CL, and because of his lack of foresight there is every chance that what good players we do have, we have every chance of losing. If we don't finish Top 4, then this year is, as far as I am concerned and a lot of other Spurs Fans, a complete failure.

:-\ :-\ :-\ [size=78%] [/size]

All good teams have a mixture of very talented players and work horses. How we finish will decide how good those players are.

All juries are out on a manager no matter how long he has been at the club. What is important is the current season. If the Manchester United manager started have a very bad run and was suffering the jury, I would imagine, would suggest that he should be quietly retired. The same happened with Nicholson. No matter how great you thought he was he was eventually put to rest, the same with Alf Ramsey.

As for the Chairman. I agree he has made a lot of mistakes (mainly in picking bad past managers) but with the current resources he has he isn't doing a bad job. We can’t compete financially with Ars*nal, City, United and Chelsea. Not so long as we have our current 35,000 seater stadium. It is not fit for the 21st Century.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do