SpursNetwork

Our League Fate Is Now Out of Our Hands

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Our League Fate Is Now "IN" Our Hands
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2013, 07:58:55 AM »
Hell yeah, hoping we dont suffer against the Chavs like our last match, shocking result! :hide:
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2013, 02:18:12 PM »
Hell yeah, hoping we dont suffer against the Chavs like our last match, shocking result! :hide:

Let's also hope that we don't take Wigan for granted like many, including us,  have done in the past  :tickedoff:

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2013, 10:24:09 AM »
      I like to think that The Players, AVB and the rest of the Coaching Staff won't fall into that trap again.
 We have to show them respect but not too much,and we have too show absolutely no mercy, no trying to defend a lead, we all know what happens when we try to do that, Attack is the best form of Defence, the more we attack, the more we are likely to SCORE!!!!

C O Y S.

:up: :up: :up:
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2013, 11:45:39 AM »
Having watched Chelsea deal with Basel last night, I am of the conclusion that they are in a different class to us unfortunately. Their 2 full backs, and Terry, showed how to defend properly, and as for Mata Ramires Moses and Hazard, well we got Parker Huddlestone Sigurrdson and Dempsey. Dear oh dear. If they get Falcao next year, then god help us against them !!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2013, 11:48:02 AM »
Having watched Chelsea deal with Basel last night, I am of the conclusion that they are in a different class to us unfortunately. Their 2 full backs, and Terry, showed how to defend properly, and as for Mata Ramires Moses and Hazard, well we got Parker Huddlestone Sigurrdson and Dempsey. Dear oh dear. If they get Falcao next year, then god help us against them !!
I guess you could always go and support Chelsea.  :hide:

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2013, 07:34:02 PM »

Are you actually joking? That game last night was laughable, more through the low quality of Basel (how we lost to them I'll never know.) But Chelsea were poor, even against lower league opposition! Luiz had a terrible game, awful defender, got the goal but only because the Goal keeper was as bad as the outfield players. Chelsea gave the ball away nearly as much as Basel. They had a couple of good moves going forward, but they usually ended nowhere near actually threatening. Does Moses actually need glasses? He seemed to keep losing where the ball was. For me Mata and Hazard are quality, but wouldn't swap ours for Ramires and Moses.

Chelsea are not in a different class to us not by a long shot.
Maybe next year...

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2013, 07:48:15 PM »

Are you actually joking? That game last night was laughable, more through the low quality of Basel (how we lost to them I'll never know.) But Chelsea were poor, even against lower league opposition! Luiz had a terrible game, awful defender, got the goal but only because the Goal keeper was as bad as the outfield players. Chelsea gave the ball away nearly as much as Basel. They had a couple of good moves going forward, but they usually ended nowhere near actually threatening. Does Moses actually need glasses? He seemed to keep losing where the ball was. For me Mata and Hazard are quality, but wouldn't swap ours for Ramires and Moses.

Chelsea are not in a different class to us not by a long shot.

But we didn't lose to them in a proper football match, but a penalty shoot out. I know people say that penalty shootouts are part of the game but it is still a lottery. Basel couldn't beat us over 120 minutes and on top of that we had a player sent off. I believe that if we had 11 men against 11 we would have won. Overall I thought we were a better side. Chelsea beat Basel with 11 men. We lost on penalties with only 10 men. That speaks volumes.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2013, 07:07:29 AM »
      Voice, if it wasn't a proper Football match what was it, a pretend one, perhaps the Club should insist we replay it then, "cos it was only a pretend one" Jesus Christ I've heard everything now.
      At what stage of the game, and for how long did we have 10 men? If my memory serves me correctly he was sent off in the 89th Min, which meant we had played 179 out of 210 mins with 11 men and were never once in front, what that tells me is that we weren't good enough to beat them with 11 men, so with 10 we had no chance, get over it for chrissakes and stop making excuses, because that is exactly what they are excuses!!

:nods: :nods: :nods:

« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 07:13:42 AM by Paul Finch »

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2013, 10:15:11 AM »
So it was actually us that were playing Chelsea then? If my facts are straight we are no longer in the competition because we lost. That is right, the only way we can be knocked out is because we lost the game according to the rules. We weren't the better side because we did not score more goals than them, we may have played better football at times, (not hard looking at them against Chelsea) but this did not result in goals.

Anyway, my point was more directed at the fact that Chelsea were not a class above us, but go from showing great passages of play, followed by some dire moments, just like we do.
Maybe next year...

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2013, 05:37:38 PM »
You guys have lost me completely ::) WTF!

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2013, 06:40:19 PM »
Regarding todays result...... bollox! :'( :'(
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2013, 06:48:25 PM »
      Voice, if it wasn't a proper Football match what was it, a pretend one, perhaps the Club should insist we replay it then, "cos it was only a pretend one" Jesus Christ I've heard everything now.
      At what stage of the game, and for how long did we have 10 men? If my memory serves me correctly he was sent off in the 89th Min, which meant we had played 179 out of 210 mins with 11 men and were never once in front, what that tells me is that we weren't good enough to beat them with 11 men, so with 10 we had no chance, get over it for chrissakes and stop making excuses, because that is exactly what they are excuses!!

:nods: :nods: :nods:

Which means that we had 30 minutes with 10 men. Enough time to have made a difference if we had a full squad.

As for a "proper game"; you know what I mean. I haven't read a football book where a goal scorer said it wasn't a lottery. Many factors go into a penalty shoot out including luck. It is not an excuse but a fact. I've seen brilliant sides fail when it comes to penalty shoot outs or just penalties, while poor sides and poor strikers have had the luck of the green.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2013, 06:49:20 PM »
Regarding todays result...... bollox! :'( :'(

I feel the same but we must now look towards United and Ars*nal.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2013, 07:01:29 PM »
STOP MAKING BLOODY EXCUSES FOR OUR FAILURES

>:( >:( >:(

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2013, 07:33:08 PM »
Okay, lads, enough of the psychological aspects of taking penalties. Right now it is rather irrelevant as we're already out of Europa League and again managed to crap into our pants in Premier League.