Our League Fate Is Now Out of Our Hands

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Our League Fate Is Now Out of Our Hands
« Reply #180 on: May 21, 2013, 08:51:25 PM »
With 8 games to play we were 7 points clear of the Woolwich Wanderers and we end up a point behind them !!!!
Like I said befor same s**t different season !!!!!

:'(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #181 on: May 21, 2013, 08:59:16 PM »
What Grits my s**t about recent comments (Baldy this is aimed at you) is you talk as if not getting to games makes us that dont less of s supporter and less informed than you!!!!!

I know people who attend games just because they can and they dodnt even support the club they are watching, as its all corporate bollox.

My point is we have as much and maybe even more passion for THFC than you, being a season ticket holder doesnt make you anymore of a supporter than us!!

On the basis of your moans if you hate watching the football we play so much cash in your ticket and watch it on the box.

So a supporter that watches the game on TV, rather than buys tickets for the game is just as good a supporter. Ummm, I didn't know that, but thanks ?????????
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #182 on: May 22, 2013, 12:23:51 AM »

So a supporter that watches the game on TV, rather than buys tickets for the game is just as good a supporter. Ummm, I didn't know that, but thanks ?????????

They most definitely can be as 'good' a fan, that is for sure.

However, if you want to compare d**ks for how much 'support' they give, then you would also have to factor in the amount they spend on the club, via TV subscription, merchandise and money on tickets and then run a comprehensive study on this amount in relation to their annual salary. Then and only then could you make a comparison on their 'support'

As I am sure you are not keen to explore such territory, let us stop making ourselves seem oh so much better than the next man.

Maybe next year...

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #183 on: May 22, 2013, 12:37:18 AM »

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your questions.
1.   I have been critical on Mr Levy on this forum; concerning the picking of some of manager’s we’ve had in the past.
2.   I only joined in October so you wouldn’t have known about my previous critical concerns against Mr Levy. I give credit when it is due and criticise when necessary.
3.   As for AVB; I think he has done a good job since joining Spurs. This season we finished with the highest points tally since any Spurs manager since 1967. There has been a lot of criticism of some of our players; if I accept that then that is another reason why we should give AVB credit. We’ve ended up 5th and with the highest points tally since 1967 and we achieved that with players that members on here are critical of. And all that in his first season. There is nothing – concerning AVB – to be critical of, but congratulatory.
4.   As for the best interests of the “club at heart”: I’ve said all along that for Spurs to compete with the top clubs we need more revenue and one of the way’s to achieve that is by building a bigger stadium; which is in progress. So considering I think Mr Levy is pointing us in the right direction. And of course he said he is going to invest in Spurs with more players. AVB has confirmed this. Of course we shall have to wait and see.
5.   I am disappointed in us finishing 5th but under the circumstances I think we’ve done well. I also think – until we get more income – that we are punching above our weight. Maybe we are achieving that because of Mr Levy’s handling of our purse strings. After all we are not in debt and planning for the future.

I hope that I have answered your question, but if not, then please point out where I’ve avoided you and I will try to correct that error.

Regards, voice.

Yes you have said much of this before. But saying it lots does not make it necessarily true or actually tell us your opinion on the here, now and what next. During many discussions about the areas our team was lacking and in the way that the chairman did not do enough to ensure we got 4th. You just kept saying much of the above and telling us Levy knows best. But it is clear that he does not, as AVB as spoken about the areas of weakness we need to address, the same areas most of us were calling for, but you were not.

I have been able to reflect as the year has gone on, I gave AVB a chance and at times he was close to losing my support, but pulled through it. For me AVB has done enough to give him more time, even though he did not reach the goal I thought was the minimum we should have reached this year. However, I am not so forgiving of Levy who knew what was likely to happen if he did nothing but took that gamble anyway. I don't mind him taking risks on our success but just wish that gamble was not a hit and hope that mediocrity will prevail, rather than taking a chance on greatness by going for the best, with the gamble being they may not work exactly as planned. I am surprised you are also not that way inclined being as positive about things as you are. Or are you also a dreamer that average can outshine quality, that the underdogs will beat all odds? 

Now we have come to the end of the season, you said that we had to wait and see where we ended up before making a judgement yourself. Well where is it? Other than saying what you have said before that is, something original, from the heart but also with a view to the facts. I am not trying to get you to say what I want to hear but know when it is true to you and original thought.

Maybe next year...

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #184 on: May 22, 2013, 06:17:15 AM »
Have you noticed how this thread now contains mainly the same statements from mainly the same people, page after page after page? Not to mention that recent comments have nothing to do with the title of this thread.

As our season is over, I will close this thread tomorrow.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #185 on: May 22, 2013, 07:06:10 AM »
Have you noticed how this thread now contains mainly the same statements from mainly the same people, page after page after page? Not to mention that recent comments have nothing to do with the title of this thread.

Yes yes slam the door shut!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2013, 08:55:18 AM »

Good shout Riff, was thinking the same yesterday. :) :up: :hide:

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #187 on: May 22, 2013, 09:27:48 AM »
   I couldn't agree more, although some do make some sense whilst others
   Blah Blah Blah
   Same Bulls**t different day
 :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 09:30:34 AM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #188 on: May 22, 2013, 06:13:13 PM »
Yes you have said much of this before. But saying it lots does not make it necessarily true or actually tell us your opinion on the here, now and what next. During many discussions about the areas our team was lacking and in the way that the chairman did not do enough to ensure we got 4th. You just kept saying much of the above and telling us Levy knows best. But it is clear that he does not, as AVB as spoken about the areas of weakness we need to address, the same areas most of us were calling for, but you were not.
All this is hypothetical. You could be right, or you could be wrong. How do you know if we had different players we might not be in an even worse state? Even if we bought the best players – when you said we should have - you still would have to embed them into the team and that takes time. Buying more players at the wrong time could have done us damage. Personally I believe he was right to stick with what he got and mould that team into a good working machine. Yes, mistakes were made, but unless you are prefect mistakes will always be made. You’ve posed a hypothetical unknown and which can’t be proven one way or another.

I have been able to reflect as the year has gone on, I gave AVB a chance and at times he was close to losing my support, but pulled through it. For me AVB has done enough to give him more time, even though he did not reach the goal I thought was the minimum we should have reached this year. However, I am not so forgiving of Levy who knew what was likely to happen if he did nothing but took that gamble anyway. I don't mind him taking risks on our success but just wish that gamble was not a hit and hope that mediocrity will prevail, rather than taking a chance on greatness by going for the best, with the gamble being they may not work exactly as planned. I am surprised you are also not that way inclined being as positive about things as you are. Or are you also a dreamer that average can outshine quality, that the underdogs will beat all odds? 
I said in another thread – actually I said it twice – that if there were billionaires knocking at the gates of Spurs to take over I would be one of the loudest shouting for Levy to resign. But there isn’t anybody wishing to take over so whether we like it or not we are stuck with him. I am disappointed we haven’t won anything since Levy took over 12 years ago. That is down to him picking bad managers. Harry did a good job but I believe he went past his sell buy date. I also think that AVB is the right man for the job. Actually one of the reasons that Harry was allowed to go – I think – was because AVB came on the market and it was too good an opportunity to pass by. If that is the case then I would agree with Levy on that account.

Now we have come to the end of the season, you said that we had to wait and see where we ended up before making a judgement yourself. Well where is it? Other than saying what you have said before that is, something original, from the heart but also with a view to the facts. I am not trying to get you to say what I want to hear but know when it is true to you and original thought.
First of all I am disappointed that we didn’t end up higher. I am also disappointed that we didn’t win anything; as I have been previous seasons. But what to do? We can’t sack AVB because I think he did a good job in his first season. At least better than any previous manager we had in their first season. As for Mr Levy; I made comments about him further above.

Beyond that what else can I say? No Spurs fan can be happy not winning anything or not finishing higher than 5th Spot. Levy isn’t going and AVB shouldn’t go. It has been said that money will be spent and I hope that is the case. But even if money is spent it will need a good manager to mould that team. I believe AVB is the right man for the job. Saying all that we can’t dismiss City, United, Chelsea or Ars*nal who have more money than we have. Considering all that we ended up where our resources allowed us to end up. But that doesn’t mean with luck, the right players and moulding that team we can’t do better. Duke Ellington once said; “it is 20% talent and 80% luck” and I agree with him. The top 4 got there with a combination of talent and luck. Give us that luck we will do well.
Are you happy with that reply?
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.