SpursNetwork

Ossie’s Dream; my Autobiography by Ossie Ardiles

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Ossie’s Dream; my Autobiography by Ossie Ardiles
« on: February 05, 2013, 05:36:55 PM »
Ossie’s Dream; my Autobiography by Ossie Ardiles.

I found this a very good autobiography and in-depth. Usually sporting stars autobiographies are usually shallow. But Ossie’s was very educating, and of course he’s a Spurs player.

This book takes you from his early days, winning the world Cup with Argentina, and then become one of the first (along with Ricki Villa) foreigners to join our English league. He talks about the impact they had and how they helped Tottenham to have a fantastic 80’s, winning trophies. He talks about the famous Ossie’s Dream song with Chas & Dave and his Spurs team mates. The Falklands war and how it affected him and his family.

He talks about leaving spurs, becoming a manager and eventually Spurs manager. What led to his dismissal and what happened after. As I said, a very educational football book.

As manager he managed WBA, Swindon, Newcastle, Spurs and many foreign clubs, both in Europe, Japan and his home of Argentina.

Last year at a Spurs game I managed to pump into him and I got his autobiography signed by him.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.