____

Swansea

Barclays Premier League - 16 Dec - KO 13:30  - Ground: White Hart Lane

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Swansea
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 12:47:37 PM »
I will be the first one to predict a 3-0 win in view of the fact that we could not possibly make the same mistakes as we did last week. FFS!  :hide:

Scorers?: Let's give one to Defoe, one to Dembele and one to Lennon, but not necessary in that order,  and let's hope Caulker actually keeps playing until the final wistle! >:(

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 04:50:53 PM »
I'll go for 2-0 or 3-1.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 10:25:08 PM »
We cant afford to underestimate Swansea, we will need to be close to our best for this one to get the points.

If we treat them with little respect we will leave red faced, if we treat them like we are playing Manure and battle until the final whistle we should bring home the points.

I will only feel comfortable and confident if we take a 2 goal lead even then it will end 2-1 will swansea scoring in the 90+3 minute.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 02:03:20 AM »
Personally I don't care what the score is as long as we play well and WIN, and don't concede any stupid goals. :coys: :coys: :coys:
:SN:[font

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 10:03:46 AM »
Personally I don't care what the score is as long as we play well and WIN, and don't concede any stupid goals. :coys: :coys: :coys:

Win well, win ugly I dont care TBH just want the 3 points.

Stupid goals, by that do you mean a goal from 85 mins onwards??

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 01:22:48 PM »
Lloris, Walker, Gallas, Vertonghen, Naughton, Lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Dempsey, Adebayor, Defoe. Subs: Friedel, Caulker, Huddlestone, Sigurdsson, Parker, Livermore, Townsend.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 02:32:10 PM »
The further on it goes on like this the more likely we are going to ship a late goal and lose the vital points, i am shyting it

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 06:18:53 PM »
We could have won by 3 goals had swansea not parked the bus for most of the game.

Good win and well deserved. Back to 4th where we belong  :up:

Where did Mike Dean get the 5 minutes from?  ???

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 07:28:22 PM »
A good win, enjoyable day and a good atmosphere. Swansea didn't make it easy for us but we persevered and got the goal we needed. Next game hopefully we will have some of our injured back.

On another note; I was outside Bill Nicholson Way when a car peeped me to move out of the way. I turned around gave them an annoying look. I soon realised the person who was peeping in their 4 wheeled drive was Bale, followed by Dawson.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 07:00:33 AM »
Yes Metal, that is exactly what I mean't, the defence did it again didn't they, started panicking and hoofing it everywhere, I'm sure Walker was trying to see if he could kick it completely out of the ground, when will they learn that all they have to do is pass it to a team-mate and work the ball up the ground by keeping possession, but I thought other than that mad 5 minutes, we played some very good football, and didn't really look like conceding a goal, and we could have maybe scored 3 or 4, I thought the defence looked pretty sound, the midfield played well and Defoe and Ade played reasonably well, it was good too see Parker back all be it for a couple of minutes, but softly softly. And of course the results fell our way always a handy thing too happen. Yes all in all a good result, just hope that Ade's injury isn't too bad.

:D :D :D
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 07:40:45 AM »
Yes Metal, that is exactly what I mean't, the defence did it again didn't they, started panicking and hoofing it everywhere, I'm sure Walker was trying to see if he could kick it completely out of the ground, when will they learn that all they have to do is pass it to a team-mate and work the ball up the ground by keeping possession, but I thought other than that mad 5 minutes, we played some very good football, and didn't really look like conceding a goal, and we could have maybe scored 3 or 4, I thought the defence looked pretty sound, the midfield played well and Defoe and Ade played reasonably well, it was good too see Parker back all be it for a couple of minutes, but softly softly. And of course the results fell our way always a handy thing too happen. Yes all in all a good result, just hope that Ade's injury isn't too bad.

:D :D :D

After we settled down in 1st half, I thought we dominated the game, though we still lack pace and a good final ball without Bale. If Defoe had his shooting boots on we would have beaten them out of sight.
An important achievement holding out the last 10 minutes, which should help build our confidence going forwards.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 05:08:20 PM »
I read in today's paper that Bale and Dawson should be back for the Stoke game.

I also read that AVB is supposed to have said "hands off Dawson and Parker" in case 'Arry comes looking. Which is a turn around - if you believe the papers - that Dawson wasn't wanted.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline a12 warrior

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 08:14:35 AM »
Spurs played a good game Sunday, looked composed most of the time against a a Swansea side that also played well kept the ball and were looking to hit Spurs on the break.

On the player front Walker is having a bit of a mare at the momment, Dempsey looks like he does not know where he is playing!! but I think both will find their old form, Scott Parker got a grea :up: t reception from the crowd and without a doubt he will give Spurs  more energy in midfield.

Overall an enjoyable game

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 05:04:10 PM »
Spurs played a good game Sunday, looked composed most of the time against a a Swansea side that also played well kept the ball and were looking to hit Spurs on the break.

On the player front Walker is having a bit of a mare at the momment, Dempsey looks like he does not know where he is playing!! but I think both will find their old form, Scott Parker got a grea :up: t reception from the crowd and without a doubt he will give Spurs  more energy in midfield.

Overall an enjoyable game

Good comments.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do