SpursNetwork

Oh no we lost a game...must be time to sack AVB?

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
Re: First win, how do you feel now?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 10:45:40 AM »
I haven't read any comments on here comparing AVB to God and I think everyone is aware that we played Reading. Would you have been happier if we had lost? Like ... I told you so.

Most of the people on here have expressed how good they think AVB is, whereas I still think he is an out and out footballing moron. Anyone that starts Gallas and Livermore by choice is pretty damn stupid. Any manager that plays 4-5-1 and changes it to 4-4-2, goes 1-0 and changes it back again (twice) is also pretty stupid. We beat a very bad Reading side. We scored to miss hit goals, and spent most of the 2nd half under the cosh. In short we have won only one game this season, against a very poor side and were lucky.

Oh, and how the hell can you refer to me as negative ?
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline pieboy

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 12:20:58 PM »
I haven't read any comments on here comparing AVB to God and I think everyone is aware that we played Reading. Would you have been happier if we had lost? Like ... I told you so.

Most of the people on here have expressed how good they think AVB is, whereas I still think he is an out and out footballing moron. Anyone that starts Gallas and Livermore by choice is pretty damn stupid. Any manager that plays 4-5-1 and changes it to 4-4-2, goes 1-0 and changes it back again (twice) is also pretty stupid. We beat a very bad Reading side. We scored to miss hit goals, and spent most of the 2nd half under the cosh. In short we have won only one game this season, against a very poor side and were lucky.

this guy is a troll, dont feed the troll.
moan moan moan.

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 01:31:08 PM »

this guy is a troll, dont feed the troll.
moan moan moan.

How very dare you  :ohyeah:
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 10:40:07 PM »
From the performance at reading and also the Lazio game the team is starting to look and play like a team, some positive signs.

AVB will do well for us given time and support we have a solid team and some depth too, players are adapting and many of their strengths are being played to.  Defoe seems to have come alive he has impressed.

COYS
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2012, 01:11:07 AM »
I reserve my judgement on AVB, I wasn't a big fan when he was a Chelski. Here are some thought on the Reading game.
     Whilst it was good to get our first win of the season I felt that at times our defence looked very shaky, bordering on amateurish, by that I mean when put under pressure they panicked and against some of the better sides we would have been trounced,Our midfield looked very tidy and it is starting to gel, Defoe needs help up front he cannot be expected to do it all on his own, we need others to start scoring goals as well, I know it is only game 4 but.....
      I watched the Lazio game and to be honest I was a little nervous prior to the game, I thought that we played very well against a very good side and deserved to win there was nothing wrong with 2 of the three goals that were disallowed Defoes goal was clearly offside.
      Naughton again played very well and will prove to be a good investment albeit that he is a right sided player, Dembele is clearly a very very good player and I think Dempsey with a few more games under his belt will be a good acquisition, add a fit Parker and Adebyour and I think things are looking quite good, so lets hope that this is going to kick start our season albeit a little late.
      I will re-assess my opinion of AVB a little later in the season, but for now I will give him my support.
 ;) ;) ;)
   Perhaps the Doom and Gloomers should do the same. :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

C O Y S

:SN:[font

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2012, 01:42:25 PM »
I reserve my judgement on AVB, I wasn't a big fan when he was a Chelski. Here are some thought on the Reading game.
     Whilst it was good to get our first win of the season I felt that at times our defence looked very shaky, bordering on amateurish, by that I mean when put under pressure they panicked and against some of the better sides we would have been trounced,Our midfield looked very tidy and it is starting to gel, Defoe needs help up front he cannot be expected to do it all on his own, we need others to start scoring goals as well, I know it is only game 4 but.....
      I watched the Lazio game and to be honest I was a little nervous prior to the game, I thought that we played very well against a very good side and deserved to win there was nothing wrong with 2 of the three goals that were disallowed Defoes goal was clearly offside.
      Naughton again played very well and will prove to be a good investment albeit that he is a right sided player, Dembele is clearly a very very good player and I think Dempsey with a few more games under his belt will be a good acquisition, add a fit Parker and Adebyour and I think things are looking quite good, so lets hope that this is going to kick start our season albeit a little late.
      I will re-assess my opinion of AVB a little later in the season, but for now I will give him my support.
 ;) ;) ;)

C O Y S

Baldbloke et al.  This is how you can be critical, giving a reasoned response, using examples. Giving specific points which others can relate to and even if they do not agree, will at least be able to appreciate the stance given. 

Finch, I think you have raised some valid points. I was not as nervous as you about our defence, as for the most part they had very little to do. When reading did raise their game a little towards the end, I agree that we did look a bit shakey at times. But that is not a new trait and is not immediately the responsibility of AVB. I would say that by Christmas, AVB should be able to make his mark in that area. Also, having Kaboul form a partnership with Vertognen will help.

Against Lazio, we showed some real quality against a 'half-decent side'. The midfield looks an area of strength and if we can keep this area developing we will be able to dominate games and dictate the play. Defoe looks very good at the moment but agree he needs help up there. Think it will just be a matter of time before Sigurdsson, Dembele and Dempsey hit the net and show what they can do. Finally I think Lennon looks rejuvenated and is showing his pacey runs, just wish he would take a shot occasionally.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 01:47:10 PM by dimexi »
Maybe next year...

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2012, 01:49:53 PM »
The doom & gloomers are pretty quiet ATM, cos they is nowt negative to write about, but wait until we lose and they will re-appear   :nods:

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2012, 03:38:03 PM »
The doom & gloomers are pretty quiet ATM, cos they is nowt negative to write about, but wait until we lose and they will re-appear   :nods:
There is always a possibility they just repeat everything already said.

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2012, 07:10:13 PM »
 ;) ;) ;)

C O Y S

I think Lennon looks rejuvenated and is showing his pacey runs, just wish he would take a shot occasionally.

You could just feel the enormous collective sigh from every Spurs fan watching when he didn't take that shot against Lazio when he was right in front of the goal.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2012, 10:17:56 PM »
 ;) ;) ;)

C O Y S

Baldbloke et al.  This is how you can be critical, giving a reasoned response, using examples. Giving specific points which others can relate to and even if they do not agree, will at least be able to appreciate the stance given. 

Finch, I think you have raised some valid points. I was not as nervous as you about our defence, as for the most part they had very little to do. When reading did raise their game a little towards the end, I agree that we did look a bit shakey at times. But that is not a new trait and is not immediately the responsibility of AVB. I would say that by Christmas, AVB should be able to make his mark in that area. Also, having Kaboul form a partnership with Vertognen will help.

Against Lazio, we showed some real quality against a 'half-decent side'. The midfield looks an area of strength and if we can keep this area developing we will be able to dominate games and dictate the play. Defoe looks very good at the moment but agree he needs help up there. Think it will just be a matter of time before Sigurdsson, Dembele and Dempsey hit the net and show what they can do. Finally I think Lennon looks rejuvenated and is showing his pacey runs, just wish he would take a shot occasionally.

I assume that I am included as a doom and gloomer, please take a look at post 11 of this thread as I have already made most of the points Paul Finch has made and a considerable time before hand too!
I watched the Lazio game and thought we played well and were unlucky, but I thought we would do well in this competition as it suits AVB's tactical set up, plus he will play a strong side in all the games.
The biggest problem is that I am unsure AVB has learnt about the Premiership because he seems to make the same errors and tactical choices, due to the nature of the football even the "lesser" teams in this League are no respectors of reputation or ability.
I will be remaining a doom and gloomer until I see some kind of improvement in AVB's ability to manage in the EPL as this is where the clubs heart lies, I just hope that playing an almost full side on thursday dosen't hinder us on sunday against QPR.
Fingers crossed we play well and put 4 or 5 past QPR and look like the top 4 side we were because so far AVB has taken an extremely good side and turned us into a very mediocre one !!!!

:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline dimexi

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2012, 11:42:10 PM »

Overall then a really good performance all round with many more positives than negatives, I said in another post we needed a win and a performance and I think we pretty much got that. I wish we could play Reading every week because against more established Premiership teams I still think we may struggle but on the whole if AVB could get us playing that well every week against any opposition I would gladly take back all my negative comments but that is a win, 2 draws and a loss in the first 4 games this season and to be fair we haven't actually played anyone so far. [/font][/color]

Better much better but one win dosen't make a season !!!!! 

:up:

Actually I did read your post, but thought that there was a shift in your stance. You definitely do not come across as the doom and gloomer you were still trying to hang on to. With the performance against Lazio, that shift should have moved again ever so slightly.

I have no problem with critical viewpoints, just like them to be well made, well balanced and original. Which I think your points were.
Maybe next year...

Offline dimexi

Re: 2nd win, now how do you feel?
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2012, 06:08:42 PM »
Thread title changed, so is there some momentum building? What are your views of the Spurs - QPR match?

First home win of the season.

I thought in the first half we were all over the place. Defensively we were very weak. QPR closed us down quickly and we gave the ball away too cheaply. We deserved to be behind at half time. In attack Defoe was isolated and there was no support, mainly because we were scrambling just to get possession and put some moves together. Bale was not effective in the LB position, although he could and should have been. If we had control of the game, his runs on the overlap could be effective.

In the 2nd half it was a complete turn around. We controlled the game and dominated the possession. Defoe/Dempsey looked far more comfortable and Bale was able to push their defence back.

Finally it is worth mentioning that although the tactics did not work in the first half, I am not perturbed because AVB was willing to make tactical changes (rather than just swapping like for like players) to change the game. These changes worked, so therefore he can take the credit for that.
Maybe next year...

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
Re: 2nd win now, how do you feel?
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2012, 07:09:04 PM »
First half we were

Out Passioned
Out Played
Out Passed
and more disturbingly Out Classed

By Queens Park Rangers

The team was sent out with our most potent attacking force playing at Left Back somewhere he hasn't been for god knows how many games, Defoe spent the whole half running round like a headless chicken and was offside that many times I lost count. Finally why was Dempsey on the pitch, come to think of it why is he even at the club..... Why no Sigurdsson ? and why was Dembele playing so deep alongside Sandro ?

AVB tactically aware...... well if that's tactically aware we are in the s**te it's lucky QPR are so poor in front of goal and Friedel again had a stormer and one last thing the whole lot of them looked as motivated as a dead man walking !!!!!

Against a better side the game would of been gone so the fact that AVB changed it at half time would of made no difference at all. We got lucky for our goal and the second came while QPR were still cursing their luck. Overall the second half was a massive improvement but a massive improvement on a pile of s**te, we now have 3 away games in the next 2 weeks which if I'm honest I think we are going to struggle big time with !!!

I know everyone is going to give it the big your a doom and gloomer but ask yousrself this question .....Do you have any doubts over AVB ?

If the answer is yes then you know what needs to happen

A Vacancy Beckons !!!!!!!!!

:'(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2012, 07:23:11 PM »
Why no Sigurdsson ? and why was Dembele playing so deep alongside Sandro ?
Sigurdsson was subbed at half-time because he didn't do much and also, Bale was pushed up. Who else could have played next to Sandro? Parker who is injured? Livermore who is relatively mediocre (and let me remind you how questions were asked when Villas-Boas sent Sandro and Livermore out together)? Huddlestone who despite his imposing size is as soft as a 90-year-old man's d**k? Or maybe Jenas? Yes, Dembele was a bit unusual choice but he has actually played there for Fulham.

Generally I agree with you. We looked lost and had a great deal of luck. Nevertheless this luck brought us three points and that is what matters. I do hope we'll go up the gear in our next matches but I realise that it could take a while for our new squad, management and tactics to gel.

Offline Colspur66

• Hero: Glen Hoddle
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2012, 07:56:40 PM »
My summary of this afternoon is 88 minutes of total dross and 2 minutes of madness.
One thing we did learn tho is that the Belgian word for King is Vertonghen.