SpursNetwork

AVB out campaign to start NOW

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: AVB out campaign to start NOW
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2012, 11:12:06 PM »
http://tottenhamonmymind.wordpress.com/

Check out the above article and see if you don't feel more positive. Its an article, one of many, that come from the heart of a lifelong Spurs fan

Sorry but this is a load of romantic drivel, which may be from the person's heart but says very little in the way of substance. We all may love spurs, even through these testing times, but it does not make our love a good basis for  cold hard facts!

However, I refuse and reject anyone who is not at least willing to hold off on making judgement before you have any facts to base your opinions on either. I do not mean talking about AVB's past or credentials, or hypothesising over signings we may or may not be getting, but on what actually is.

Facts:
1. AVB is our manager
2. No manager is one of us until they have proved themselves...No manager (to be honest not many managers ever reach that accolade and of those that now are, were they from day 1?)
3. Bale has signed a new contract
4. Sigurdson has signed
5. Fee agreed for Vertognen, not yet signed.
6. We have not played any games yet
7. It is impossible to say that someone has failed when they have not had anything to fail at
8. Statements like he is the worst manager ever are opinions until they can be backed up with incontrovertible evidence. (which they may believe to be true, but are merely subjective)
9. We are all entitled to have an opinion but we are not entitled to state that opinion as fact
10. All above statements I believe are true at the time of typing, but I am human so they may be merely subjective.

AVB you now have the hardest job in the premiership, I hope you prove a lot of people wrong, including myself. I will give you the chance to succeed and to become 'one of us', but you have some work to do.
Maybe next year...

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2012, 04:54:32 AM »

Check out the above article and see if you don't feel more positive. Its an article, one of many, that come from the heart of a lifelong Spurs fan

Sorry but this is a load of romantic drivel, which may be from the person's heart but says very little in the way of substance. We all may love spurs, even through these testing times, but it does not make our love a good basis for  cold hard facts!

However, I refuse and reject anyone who is not at least willing to hold off on making judgement before you have any facts to base your opinions on either. I do not mean talking about AVB's past or credentials, or hypothesising over signings we may or may not be getting, but on what actually is.

Facts:
1. AVB is our manager
2. No manager is one of us until they have proved themselves...No manager (to be honest not many managers ever reach that accolade and of those that now are, were they from day 1?)
4. Sigurdson has signed
7. It is impossible to say that someone has failed when they have not had anything to fail at
8. Statements like he is the worst manager ever are opinions until they can be backed up with incontrovertible evidence. (which they may believe to be true, but are merely subjective)
9. We are all entitled to have an opinion but we are not entitled to state that opinion as fact
10. All above statements I believe are true at the time of typing, but I am human so they may be merely subjective.

AVB you now have the hardest job in the premiership, I hope you prove a lot of people wrong, including myself. I will give you the chance to succeed and to become 'one of us', but you have some work to do.

I have to admit, I'm really curious to see how he handles the press. They're going to be ruthless and I can't imagine him taking certain implications (regarding his last position) well.

At the same time I hope we smash Chelsea home and away and he does the strangest celebrations I've ever seen in my life.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2012, 07:38:12 AM »
We will all argue the toss from here until doomsday. We should all get behind the manager until such time as people like me are proved wrong, and the many doubters correct, regarding AVB and Levy.

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2012, 05:39:24 PM »

Facts:
1. AVB is our manager
4. Sigurdson has signed

Right, here we go.

Facts:
1. AVB is our manager - YES UNFORTUNATELY
2. No manager is one of us until they have proved themselves...No manager (to be honest not many managers ever reach that accolade and of those that now are, were they from day 1?) - HAVENT GOT A CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT !!
3. Bale has signed a new contract - NOTHING TO DO WITH AVB
4. Sigurdson has signed - TO REPLACE MODRIC. LIKE REPLACING A FERRARI WITH A FORD CORTINA
5. Fee agreed for Vertognen, not yet signed. - HE HAS SIGNED NOW. HE HAS NEVER PLAYED IN A TOP LEAGUE. HE MAY BE VERY GOOD, BUT ITS A RISK ALL THE SAME
6. We have not played any games yet - VERY OBSERVANT OF YOU
7. It is impossible to say that someone has failed when they have not had anything to fail at - HE FAILED MISERABLY AT CHELSEA
8. Statements like he is the worst manager ever are opinions until they can be backed up with incontrovertible evidence. (which they may believe to be true, but are merely subjective) - HARD TO ARGUE WITH THOUGH !!
9. We are all entitled to have an opinion but we are not entitled to state that opinion as fact - UNLESS ITS FACT. AVB IS CRAP
10. All above statements I believe are true at the time of typing, but I am human so they may be merely subjective. - AT LEAST I AGREE WITH SOMETHING SAID.
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2012, 06:31:40 PM »
LOL Baldbloke !!

:2funny:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline dimexi

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2012, 06:52:41 PM »
I think it is important to note that there are times when having opinions is a very important aspect of being human. Another thing we have developed over our history is the ability to discover facts. Problems arise however, when some people are not so good at distinguishing the two. Hence so many unnecessary wars over stupid things like who put their flag in a bit of ground first, who has the biggest gun, and whose god is the best.

Thankfully we are not at that extreme end of human conflict, but there are some people who have an over-inflated view of their own opinions and for some reason think if they shout it enough it must be true.

I give you...Baldbloke (IMHO)

Could not be bothered to come in and out of each quote so please see inside the brackets for the added parts.

1.   AVB is our manager – (FACT) YES UNFORTUNATELY (OPINION)

2.   No manager is one of us until they have proved themselves...No manager (to be honest not many managers ever reach that accolade and of those that now are, were they from day 1?) - HAVENT GOT A CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT !!
 (WELL JUST BECAUSE YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND DOES NOT MEAN IT IS UNTRUE! FOR EXAMPLE: GLENN HODDLE IS OBVIOUSLY ONE OF US BECAUSE HE PLAYED FOR US AND PROVED HIMSELF, AS MANAGER THEN HE DID NOT HAVE TO PROVE IT AGAIN. HARRY REDKNAPP IS NOT A SPURS MAN, SO HE DID NOT START HIS FIRST DAY AS ‘ONE OF US’ BUT BECAUSE HE PROVED HIMSELF, HE VERY QUICKLY WAS GIVEN THIS ACCOLADE. MARTIN JOL THE SAME THING.)

3. Bale has signed a new contract – (FACT) NOTHING TO DO WITH AVB (FACT BUT IRRELEVANT)

4. Sigurdson has signed (FACT)- TO REPLACE MODRIC. (PROBABLY FACT, BUT UNTIL THAT HAS ACTUALLY HAPPENED, HYPOTHETICAL) LIKE REPLACING A FERRARI WITH A FORD CORTINA (OPINION)

5. Fee agreed for Vertognen, not yet signed. (FACT AT THE TIME)- HE HAS SIGNED NOW. (FACT SUBJECT TO MEDICAL) HE HAS NEVER PLAYED IN A TOP LEAGUE

(HOW DO YOU DEFINE A TOP LEAGUE? IS THIS FACTUAL INFORMATION SOMETHING THAT WE CAN ONLY OBTAIN FROM ASKING THE MAN THAT IS ‘NEVER WRONG’ OR ARE WE SAYING THAT HE IS UNPROVEN ON THE TOP LEVEL? OH BUT HE IS AN INTERANATIONAL PLAYER, WHO HAS COMPETED AGAINST ‘TOP LEAGUE’ PLAYERS. ALSO HE DID WIN THE PLAYER OF THE YEAR IN THAT SO CALLED ‘BOTTOM LEAGUE’ HE MAY BE VERY GOOD, BUT ITS A RISK ALL THE SAME (SIGNING ANY PLAYER IS A RISK)

6. We have not played any games yet (FACT)- VERY OBSERVANT OF YOU (SO YOU KNOW THAT TOO, FUNNY HOW YOU ARE ABLE TO BE SO CLEAR WITH THE FACTS THAT HAVE NOT EVEN HAPPENED YET, YOU ARE SO WISE.)

7. It is impossible to say that someone has failed when they have not had anything to fail at (FACT, IN TERMS OF SPURS, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT)-
 HE FAILED MISERABLY AT CHELSEA (FACT, BUT NOT WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT. (HE WAS VERY SUCCESSFUL AT PORTO (FACT) AND HERE YOU CANNOT DISMISS THIS FACT BECAUSE IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE CHELSEA AS EVIDENCE THEN PORTO ALSO COUNTS)

8. Statements like he is the worst manager ever are opinions until they can be backed up with incontrovertible evidence. (which they may believe to be true, but are merely subjective) - HARD TO ARGUE WITH THOUGH !!
(ONLY AGAINST PEOPLE WHO ARE BLINKERED AND ARE UNABLE TO SEPERATE THEIR PERSONAL OPINIONS FROM FACTUAL REALITY, WITHOUT THE ABILITY TO RECOGNISE THEIR OWN LIMITATIONS)

9. We are all entitled to have an opinion but we are not entitled to state that opinion as fact - UNLESS ITS FACT
 (I AGREE, WHEN FACTS AND OPINIONS MATCH THERE IS NO PROBLEM, BUT I REALLY DO NOT THINK YOU ARE THAT GOOD AT SEPERATING THE TWO. 1 + 1 IN MY OPINION = 2 AND I THINK IT IS FACTUALLY ACCURATE THEREFORE I CAN STATE MY OPINION AS FACT. )
HOWEVER,  AVB IS CRAP (IS CLEARLY OPINION, NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU TRY AND DRESS IT UP AS FACT,  THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE WHO DO NOT AGREE WITH YOUR STATEMENT, WHICH ALONE DOES NOT  DISPROVE YOUR STATEMENT, BUT IT DOES BRING IT INTO QUESTION).

(THIS IS A DISCLAIMER, BECAUSE I CLEARLY AM ABLE TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEN FACT AND OPINION, I KNOW THAT ALTHOUGH I HAVE TRIED TO MAKE FACTUAL STATEMENTS, THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT A MISTAKE IS MADE AND THIS FINAL STATEMENT IS SAYING I ACCEPT THAT AND I AM WILLING TO ALTER MY BELIEFS IF SOMEONE CAN COUNTER MY FACTS WITH BETTER ALTERNATIVES) –
AT LEAST I AGREE WITH SOMETHING SAID. (WHAT DO YOU WANT A MEDAL?)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:59:59 PM by dimexi »
Maybe next year...

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2012, 07:51:56 PM »
Well put Dimexi but....
Still think it will be "handbags at dawn"   :lol:

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2012, 09:28:47 PM »
Dimexi. Great post.
I truly believe that we will have a good season with AVB in charge as long  we don't lose 10 games in a row. I take it that badbloke will eat his hat as well as mine and yours, when proved wrong. :ohyeah:

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2012, 10:42:07 PM »
Personally I would say that wether its fact or opinion you all need to search your hearts and you will know deep down that the appointment of AVB as Spurs manager is wrong, it dosen't sit right, it dosen't feel right and he dosen't fit the gap that has been left !!!

In this argument I fear that Baldbloke's version of things is probably closer to the truth than yopu would like to admit, but only time will tell !!!!

Can't put it any other way than that and come the end of September I think that alot of you will also be starting to think this way... I am now going to stop commenting on AVB as I have made my feelings known on more than one occasion but I will just say that I really do fear for our great club and it's future under AVB's guidance !!!

:'(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline dimexi

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2012, 01:09:51 AM »
Do not confuse my position with that of unguided, unconditional support for AVB. I would have kept Harry as manager for the next  5 years at least. I do not believe AVB is the right man at the right time, but he may have been the right man, just now is the wrong time. Either way, he is not the person I would have chosen.

But I will only condemn a man for what he is doing in the present, not for the mistakes he has made in the past or for any ridiculous premonitions of an as yet unknown future.

I am on guard for any signs which suggest my current fears are correct. But 'fear is a weapon of mass destruction' and I refuse to let it influence my ability to have compassion and be fair.

So no matter what else is said about AVB before the start of the season, I will continue to give him a chance, albeit only a small one.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 01:14:15 AM by dimexi »
Maybe next year...

Offline RSS61

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2012, 12:33:22 PM »
According to Brad Friedel AVB has started training very positively. Also we've made a bid for Hugo Lloris. Why all the gloom and doom ??

Offline Storts

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2012, 03:56:38 PM »
Thought this post must have been tongue in cheek when I opened it but obviously not.

Find it ridiculous that Spurs fans will not get behind the manager. The team is far bigger than any individual person and I hope for success under whoever is managing us.

AVB for me is a very sensible appointment. He's exactly what's needed in view of the long term future of the club and hopefully he can build the team we all crave to push on.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2012, 07:42:52 AM »
Thought this post must have been tongue in cheek when I opened it but obviously not.

Find it ridiculous that Spurs fans will not get behind the manager. The team is far bigger than any individual person and I hope for success under whoever is managing us.

AVB for me is a very sensible appointment. He's exactly what's needed in view of the long term future of the club and hopefully he can build the team we all crave to push on.

Hooray - some sense and positive comments at last.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2012, 07:48:44 AM »
And another thing. AVB has stated that he intends to challenge on all 4 fronts. None of Harry's playing the reserves in the Europa League nonsense.

Offline Colspur66

• Hero: Glen Hoddle
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2012, 10:24:03 AM »
Too much negativity on here. Like it or not AVB is now our manager, personally I am quite excited for the coming season. If you call yourself a Spurs supporter then get behind him and the team.

AVB's BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!!!!!!!