SpursNetwork

AVB out campaign to start NOW

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
AVB out campaign to start NOW
« on: July 03, 2012, 06:04:28 PM »
Let me be the first person to start the imminent and obviously pending campaign to get this idiot out of our club. Levy has made us the laughing stock of the prem and also needs to take a hike. I am embarrassed to call myself a Spurs supporter....

Who's with me ?
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: AVB out campaign to start NOW
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 06:07:00 PM »
Right behind you Baldbloke,

Anti Villas Boas

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 07:26:30 PM »
I am one of those who made their feelings clear about the imminent appointment of AVB, giving very good reasons why he was definitely not the person to follow on from the HR sacking.

I agree that Levy has a lot to answer too and his decision making and lack of respect is worthy of a Gold medal in the new Olympic event -  the 100m arrogant, self indulgent twat race.

I am equally surprised by the number of Spurs supporters that have welcomed him with open arms and seem to have very short memories for what being a spurs fan used to be like.

I still cannot believe it, but AVB is now our manager, like it or not. However, I will not jump to show support for this crazy decision (worse than losing Jol and and getting Ramos).

But I will not crucify an innocent man who, may surprise everyone and become very successful if the board back this decision with a revamped and exciting quality squad.

That being said my patience will be extremely thin and AVB has very little breathing space to get it right. 5th will not be acceptable this year and if it looks like that is not going to happen I will be joining your campaign faster than Levy saving £1 on a pair of socks.

I hope AVB I am wrong but I think I may be joining this campaign before Christmas.

The real villain here is Levy and he should feel the full force of our disappointment on 25th August
Maybe next year...

Offline patt

• The Real Martin Jol
  • Hero: Gazza
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 09:01:15 PM »
I'm not joining yet,

I'm going to give the man a chance,

But he's on thin ice.....

Offline Colspur66

• Hero: Glen Hoddle
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 09:47:42 PM »
What a ridiculous thread this is. Call yourselves Spurs supporters? AVB is now our manager get over it. True fans will get behind him and the team. He wasn't my first choice but as part of MY club that I have followed for over 40 years (32 as a season ticket holder) he will get my FULL support. Can't believe so many people are still so blind to Harry's inadequacies.

All together now.....................AVB's BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 10:08:33 PM »
What a ridiculous thread this is. Call yourselves Spurs supporters? AVB is now our manager get over it. True fans will get behind him and the team. He wasn't my first choice but as part of MY club that I have followed for over 40 years (32 as a season ticket holder) he will get my FULL support. Can't believe so many people are still so blind to Harry's inadequacies.

All together now.....................AVB's BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4th, 5th, 4th,quarter finals of the Champions League at the first attempt and the best bloody free flowing football I've seen at the lane in the 40 years I've supported Tottenham (with the exception of maybe the 87 side) without the backing of a chairman, I wish I was that inadequate !!!

Anti Villas Boas

:nods:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 10:12:38 PM by ugs »
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Colspur66

• Hero: Glen Hoddle
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 10:26:32 PM »
Agreed some of the football played over the last couple of seasons has been breath-taking at times, due to the quality of the squad assembled as much as Harry's managerial ability.

If Harry hadn't spent the last 4 months of last season touting and begging for the England job we might be in the CL this season. From the position we were in in January 4th place was a FAILURE.

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 10:50:21 PM »
WOW wouldn't have thought I would see a post like this.

Always been a Spurs fan and always will but am not
one calling for AVBs  head before he has done anything
based on his stint at Chelski.

Seems our performances over the last few seasons is due solely to
the Manager  ....what about the players on the park!!!!!!

Next there will be a protest march at N17   :o

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 11:27:54 PM »
Who picks the players ?
Who decides which formation to play ?
Who motivates and encourages them ?

The Manager.... seem to remember the squad was pretty much the same squad that Ramos had barring a couple of players and we were 2nd bottom when 'Arry took over and had just finished 11th in the League after two 5th places under Jol.

Me thinks the manager may have a fair bit to do with the way the team plays and the level of performance achieved on a weekly basis.

Anti Villas Boas

I am a Spurs fan always have been always will be but AVB is not the man for us it just dosen't feel right it just feels wrong like when the Goonasaurus took over or when Gross turned up with his tube ticket. Search your Hearts people you know this appointment isn't right no matter how you dress it up !!!!

This is a car crash waiting to happen

:'( :'(
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 11:29:52 PM by ugs »

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 12:28:26 AM »
AVB isn't my ideal appointment, but he's here now so we might as well give him a chance. Let's hope Levy is ready to back him in the transfer window because we need some strikers and defenders!
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 04:00:02 AM »
Seriously WTF is with this thread???

We love our team lets get behind them and AVB, Bale must rate him as he signed a new 4 year deal and I am certain that would not have happened had Moyes been the front runner.

Look at it this way AVB could have sat for the next 3 years get 100k per week from Chelski, he has opted to drop this and take the hotseat at our beloved club with a view to push us forward, part of the deal surely has to be a transfer kitty and certain targets to strengthen the team, so from this I am getting hope.

I am going to stay optimistic on this one, AVB taking the job shows he has minerals coming back to manage a team in the EPL a rival team to Chelski.

Lets get behind the man, give him a chance see what the transfer window brings and the results of the first few games will tell us alot.

AVB take us to the next level and you will be a THFC legend!

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 07:46:11 AM »
Firstly I cannot believe that anyone would want to get AVB sacked before he has even played his first game !!

I agree with the comments that it wasn't all rosy under Harry, and there really must have been a big reason behind his sacking. Can anyone convince me that Levy dosen't want exactly the same for Spurs as we do ? In other words results achieved with style ? Well Harry certainly achieved style, but where were the results ? We hardly ever beat a top 4 side, unless you include a below par Ars*nal. 7 goals conceded against City, 6 against Utd, 5 against Ars*nal in one game, 5 against Chelsea in the semi. Quite frankly that is a joke, and somebody has to accept responsibility for that, and the overall collapse of our side.

We need to re-evaluate those players responsible for the problems. Defoe, for missing too many chances to win games. King for being unable to stay fit enough at this level, and causing us to lose to City, thus starting our collapse. Harry continually playing people such as Bale, VDV, and sometimes Modric out of position. And ultimately Levy / Harry for failing to address the shortages in January when everybody knew we needed a striker and CB.

Who we bring in over the next month, and how the team perform next season, will answer whether Levy has learnt anything, and whether AVB is the right man.

Either way, now is not the time to act in the ridiculous way that some people are.

Offline a12 warrior

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 08:47:50 AM »
Let me be the first person to start the imminent and obviously pending campaign to get this idiot out of our club. Levy has made us the laughing stock of the prem and also needs to take a hike. I am embarrassed to call myself a Spurs supporter....

Who's with me ?

You should never be embarrassed to be a Tottenham supporter and I cant believe you have made that statement.

THERE'S NOTHING MORE TO SAY

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 09:11:16 AM »
As a FANATICAL SPURS SUPPORTER for nearly 60 yrs, I do not think that AVB's appointment is the right one, my reasoning is as follows, My 1st instinct says its wrong cos when he was at Chelski he struck me as being arrogant and nothing was ever his fault and he was always at odds with the Press, plus with all the players that they had he couldn't get the results that tells me he either cant coach or he severely pissed off the players.
I will reserve my judgement
,but and I say but, he has a lot to do to convince me,not that my opinion counts for much, if he can get the players to perform for him and play the style of football that we have been witnessing the past few years, maybe I will have to EAT MY WORDS that remains to be seen, I some how doubt it !!!
:SN:[font

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 10:09:48 AM »
People, please! Do some of you really think that Levy will sack Villas-Boas simply because some bloke created such thread on a fansite? Delusional.