Man City

Barclays Premier League - 28th Aug - KO 13:30 - Ground: White Hart Lane

« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:14:14 AM by Biggs »

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Man City
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 02:38:32 PM »
Sadly Adebayor can't play against them as the EPL rules forbid loan players from playing against their owner clubs. Just when some fire-power is needed!  :tickedoff:

Offline a12 warrior

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 04:20:59 PM »

Looking forward to this one should be a good game, just hope Spurs are up for it they will need to be at their best to get a result :-\

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 04:51:01 PM »
I f**king hate Man City and would love to beat them.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 04:59:15 PM »
Sadly Adebayor can't play against them as the EPL rules forbid loan players from playing against their owner clubs. Just when some fire-power is needed!  :tickedoff:

I suspect whoever plays up front (Defoe probably) will be very aware that a good performance will be needed wearing their shooting boots with Adebayor in the wings ready to take their place. Hopefully this will inspire our forward line to show that they can score goals !!!!!

:nods:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 08:56:16 PM »
Hey Guys, thought this was the most appropriate place to post what I'm about to say so here goes.

We (The Sky Blue View) are a new blog aimed at Manchester City fans but every week we do a match preview which involves a fan of the opposition side to answer a few question about their side, and the game ahead. Our three previous previews turned out to be hugely successful, with hundreds of views from fans of both sides.

Here is a link to our most recent preview: http://theskyblueview.blogspot.com/2011/08/match-preview-bolton-wanderers-vs.html

Anyway, now to what I was going to ask. Would anybody like to take out 20-30 minutes to answer these questions? If you are interested, send us an e-mail at theskyblueview@gmail.com and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!  :)

Offline JohnLaceysDiscopants

• Hero: GLENN HODDLE
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 11:10:55 PM »
Lads got to say there;s no need too panic we;ve only 37 league games a season as old trafford since the  inception of the prem has yeilded the huge tally of 2 points in 19 odd games so nothing new last monday then .
On sunday however i;m very positive that 3 points are on the way as we will beat city cause we are a better team than they;ve met so far and also our record against city is massive .
also got too say our 1st eleven is as good as theirs if not better and we should have no inhibitions about them for sure .

Offline dublinboy99

• Hero: Hoddle
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 04:05:44 PM »
We will need to score at least 3 to beat City because with our central defenders we can expect them to score at least twice in 90 minutes.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 05:27:57 PM »
Modrić, Jenas and Walker are back in the squad. Ledley King, William Gallas, Sandro, Steven Pienaar and Danny Rose are all injured. Peter Crouch, Wilson Palacios are injured according to THFC site but reportedly they are in Stoke for medicals etc.

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 06:25:25 PM »
Whatever happened to Bentley? Is he out on loan again? Haven't heard his name in ages.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 06:50:10 PM »
Whatever happened to Bentley? Is he out on loan again? Haven't heard his name in ages.
He's not loaned out. I was actually surprised that he didn't even make to the subs against Hearts. I somewhat feel sorry for him. Seems that nobody wants him, he's certainly not getting a chance from Redknapp. I thought he played failrly well when he played some games last season... They even gave him number 38 instead of 5 for this season. I mean, how much more can one humiliate a player?!

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 01:17:00 PM »
We've got a shout here boys

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 01:19:28 PM »
STARTING XI - Friedel; Corluka, Dawson, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Kranjcar, Modric, Bale; Van der Vaart, Crouch.
SUBS - Cudicini, Bassong, Walker, Huddlestone, Livermore, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 03:43:46 PM »
Didnt watch the game what went wrong FFS,

We have conceeded 8 goals in the last 2 games and scored once, a goal by a defender I might add.  Last seasons short falls have come back with menace, where is Gomes and why we got some many key players injured already FFS!

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 04:25:16 PM »
We need a CB big time

8 goals conceded in 2 games