SpursNetwork

Grudges, injuries and disappointment. What are your thoughts?

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
1. Lennon on the bench again and immediately dangerous when he came on. What do you think?

2. Rose/Bale Vs. Bale/Kranjcar.
My thoughts- Rose showed that he really is one for the future, but it would be naive to just assume he can play every game at that level. Successful teams bring youth players into the the first team at the right time. We've seen Liverpool bring promising youth into games, but that's because they HAD to. They won't be playing when the usual players return to fitness. (I think someone is being as idiotic and incendiary as always by getting off over selling Bale).

3. Silver lining to only getting 1 point?
My thoughts: We can actually have a go at the FA Cup and Carling Cup next season. I know that's hardly going to attract the nose-in-the-air striker we need, but perhaps this could turn out to be good for us over the next few seasons. We might still be able to get said striker, but I think Levy is going to have to break the wage structure and hopefully understands why we have to. We'll be able to actually use our youth players. We have so much potential.

4. It doesn't really matter what happens with our remaining games. Yes, I'll watch them. Yes, I'll be angry if we lose them. So if even now Redknapp doesn't put Kranjcar in the place of injured Bale... If even for the shop window's sake I'm going to be very confused. 90th minute today? Really? Kranjcar creates and scores goals. I thought that was unbelievable.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
Re: Grudges, injuries and disappointment. What are your thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 06:26:24 AM »
Think Spursnetwork members can do a better job at managing our beloved club than the insensitive incumbant we presently have

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 07:12:19 AM »
Putting  Rose on the left was actually something I was thrilled to see. I've often said that it irritates me that Redknapp would sooner play a player he likes out of position than one of our youngsters. So I give him full credit for that. Rose was completely up for it and that was the right choice.

I'm still trying to understand the Lennon thing though. VDV for all his talents is not someone who belongs on the right side of our midfield. Lennon is... Just from the short time they showed Lennon and Jenas warming up I got the impression that something is going on.

"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 07:27:40 AM »
Think Spursnetwork members can do a better job at managing our beloved club than the insensitive incumbant we presently have
Dear God no. Imagine that team selection by committee with GK on the panel. Still at least Jenas would get a game. :dance:

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 08:27:44 AM »
I just want this season to finish, that's the first time I've ever wanted that.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 08:40:07 AM »
Dear God no. Imagine that team selection by committee with GK on the panel. Still at least Jenas would get a game. :dance:
Well maybe without GK lol

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 08:41:22 AM »
I just want this season to finish, that's the first time I've ever wanted that.
I think if we get one more point Everton cant catch us......I dont believe I have just said that..........shows how bad we have become and how low our expectations are

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 08:45:47 AM »
I still want 5th (I believe we'll get it)
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 12:10:15 PM »
Dont hold your breath mate.......this season has disater written all over it

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 12:14:10 PM »
Did you get my PM mate? Sent it from my phone so not sure if it went through.

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 01:09:28 PM »

Biggest grudge was signing VDV, it upset the whole balance of the side
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 01:42:24 PM »
Beckham farce didnt help either now did it. The more i look back on our season and some of the names we have been linked with the more I cringe. Is it just me or are some of harrys tactics and targets becoming embarassing????

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2011, 01:54:34 PM »

Biggest grudge was signing VDV, it upset the whole balance of the side

But where would we be without him?

Offline JohnLaceysDiscopants

• Hero: GLENN HODDLE
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2011, 03:14:37 PM »
how in the name of  god lennon is revered on this site amazes me . he;s totally over-rated like i said previous last season he put his world cup campaign before the team and when he got his chance in the world cup as usual fluffed his chance and was left on the bench for the rest of the tournament and we know how bad the rest of england performed in that tournament and he still could;nt get a look in also a lot of people wanted him on yesterday from the start and when he came on he huffed and puffed but as usual blew no house down if we really want to progress  mediocre players like lennon have to move on for lets face it if harry decided to sell him does anyone here really think any of the top clubs in england would sign him me thinks not in a fit of madness otherwise they would have been in for him long ago and that has;nt happened .

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2011, 03:20:39 PM »

Please god no.....no to UEFA Cup...having to play on a thursday and then a sunday..we will finish 10th next season  if we play in that...let Liverpool have it...we want to go and re-group now...get rid of some players and get a few in...have a good run at the league then next season.
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."