SpursNetwork

Taxi for Mr Redknapp

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Taxi for Mr Redknapp
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 11:50:53 AM »
Redknapp is the crown prince of excuses. He shows utter disdain for the fans with his comments. He is only interested in brand redknapp. This season has been a failure that has been glossed over with a temporary run in the CL which we may never see again. To say we shouldnt expect to get cl every year is highly insulting. Ars*nal and Chelsea make it every year and are slating their managers for not winning trophies yet we are supposed to accept a top 5 finish with the squad we have assembled with no mention of trophies. Are chelsea and Ars*nal really that far ahead of us in squad depth? Certainly not. Why should we accept less than CL. Last year we proved we were good enough to qualify and this year proved good enough to hold our own in the actual competition. We are good enough on paper but have seen a frightening drop in form in the league and our manger and coaching staff are responsible. We should be improving each season. Its called progress Harry!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 11:53:29 AM »
Ok let's get rid of Redknapp and bring in another 5 managers in the next 5 years and live the dream of a mid table once great club that one day might just get lucky and win something...... or let's hold our bottle and nerve and give 'Arry more time and money to try and build on what hes achieved.

I agree we have blown several chances this season but at least we have had the chances, to be a successful club and maintain a top team capable of challenging year in year out you need one of two things, a bottomless financial pit or a stable management structure that's allowed to build and adapt over several years.

All of you out there that are calling for 'Arry to go because we have run out of steam, shame on you, those who think his comments are anything but truthfull shame on you too......... I wonder if Christian Gross is available........ be very very very careful what you wish for, it might just come true !!!!!

:tickedoff:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 12:03:39 PM »
Redknapp going on about City's millions is part of the conditioning or managing our expectations. There is a story overnight where he is saying it isnt over yet, but at the same time is going on about City and Liverpool. Sounds like he has thrown in the towel. King is a definate loss at the back, even though Daws is good, he isn't half the player he was last season. as siad here, Lennon out of position, VDV is not a winger, its all stupid basic stuff. last season we played 4-4-2 with the best two wingers in the UK and we were outstanding. We deserved 4th and our place in the CL. This season, Harry has been tinkering - to me its a sign of over-confidence and it has blown up in his face. He doesn't look as though he cares as he is now slagging off the fans. He must now know what is coming and the inevitablity of his incompetence. We have had the opportunity to secure CL again weeks ago, but didnt - that is not good enough. In the world of commerce, if a manager fails, despite historics, he goes. I still believe that Martin Jol is the best option as he wants it, loves the club and players love him, but Levy will not do it to save face. Jose would be a coup, but unless he comes to prove he can do it on a budget, I dont think it will happen. I think its wages that hold us back from getting the big names and that can be remedied with a bigger capacity stadium through gate receipts. I believe we can raise the capital to buy, as our asset base increases on the balance sheet, but not have the overhead of staggering wages on our p&l. Thats where Levy is stifled. But back to the point, harry has been found out that he is not a tactician or good team selector. He is a mid table manager, but not one to take us on to challenge for the top every year.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 02:30:06 PM »
Ok let's get rid of Redknapp and bring in another 5 managers in the next 5 years and live the dream of a mid table once great club that one day might just get lucky and win something...... or let's hold our bottle and nerve and give 'Arry more time and money to try and build on what hes achieved.

I agree we have blown several chances this season but at least we have had the chances, to be a successful club and maintain a top team capable of challenging year in year out you need one of two things, a bottomless financial pit or a stable management structure that's allowed to build and adapt over several years.

All of you out there that are calling for 'Arry to go because we have run out of steam, shame on you, those who think his comments are anything but truthfull shame on you too......... I wonder if Christian Gross is available........ be very very very careful what you wish for, it might just come true !!!!!

:tickedoff:

Ugs I couldn't have put it better myself mate. Some spurs fans on here are so, its frustrating to hear they want Redknapp out.

Who would we replace him with.....? 

Spurs now have something with Redknapp that we have craved for so so long - stability. Getting rid of Harry because we didnt make top 4 this season would undo all that hard work over the last two and a half years.

Yes we have thrown away a lot of points to smaller teams, but they are battlers. United should have lost to West Brom, Blackpool and West Ham - they are difficult teams to beat, as is everyone in this league but we find ourselves towards the top end of the league, challenging for the champions league places. For some that isn't good enough.

We will get it right, but without Redknapp we won't
COYS!

Offline bigv

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 02:46:28 PM »
in arry we trust right??? ::)

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2011, 02:54:01 PM »
When it's going well it's going well, when it's not many bash Harry. Fickle
COYS!

Offline bigv

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 03:06:31 PM »
lets all accept failure and consistent mediocrity to avoid being labelled knee jerk, fickle etc etc

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2011, 03:16:28 PM »
We are all pissed right off and rightly so, many of us vent with knee jerk type reactions when results such as those we have had recently happen.  These results have cost us big, equally as much as our injuries and failure in the recent transfer windows.

Lets face it we had a realistic ambition of a CL spot, with the key players and squad we have we have the right to expect CL footi! What has failed us is a combination of things, training facilities (to many training related injuries and this happens season after season), transfers (Pie what a pointless addition no striker or LB cover), Arrys tinkering and tactics (if it aint broke dont fix it), player form (part of the game).  Our failings this season are not attributed to any one individual but a collection of issues that do need addressing/resolving if we are to move forward.

Is getting rid of Arry the answer?  Not at this stage, do I think he can take us further? No! but what we need right now is stability and build from there.  If we ship Arry of now or at the end of the season we could find ourselves in dire shyte in many ways.

There is no quick fix to success, it takes time!  Have we failed in what we should have achieved this season???? at this point yes (it aint over yet but the odds are against us) is Arry partly responsible??? yes he is the manager simples but there is more to it and other issues which have hit us big time.

Am I f**ked off??? yes, but shipping out old droopy out in a knee jerk reaction I think could do us more harm than good!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2011, 03:26:47 PM »
Good post MA.

I'm a horrible person when we have dropped points and often posts things which I don't 100% mean, but I guess that's what being a supporter is all about.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2011, 03:33:59 PM »
218 its cos we love our club mate, its the passion we have for THFC and we want to see our team do the bizz and achieve what we should!

Gutted with how recent games have gone!  Dont like Arry, never have but shipping out now aint the answer.

How about Martin Oneil as a replacement when Arry jogs of to the England job?
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2011, 03:55:04 PM »
The one thing I like about this forum is the passion all the guys have. Its fab.

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2011, 03:58:21 PM »
Whilst Harry is in charge I'll always support him (at the game that is) I wont boo or chant any songs that could get on the back of some players (Have once this season though  :-\ ) As a supporter I feel like I have one job "support the team". If I leave the game and am still able to speak easily, then I have failed.

No to MON, isn't good enough imo. It's hard to talk about replacements until we know who is around.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2011, 06:46:47 PM »
The one thing I like about this forum is the passion all the guys have. Its fab.

You can say that again mate
COYS!

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2011, 07:04:01 PM »
I hope Liverpool don't finish above us.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2011, 08:53:51 PM »
Woolich Wonderers need to sack Wenger....he's s**t and hasnt won anything forever.

Perhaps we can pinch the fiddler when he gets ditched.

See if anyone can spot the irony in this post. Shame that nobber GK cant comment on his beloved goons blowing it just like us.

Is this not an identical thread to the one you started 2-3 weeks ago, other forums, other fans, time for change etc etc? Not having a go Holt but please just bring the other one back to life then i wont feel the need to comment after every game.

As a club we are screwed, we wont make top 4 and will really struggle to attract strikers much better than what we have due to not being in CL. It wont matter who is in charge City will cement top 4 from now on until the middle east implodes and the shaky shaky guys walk away.

Is it all HR's fault? In truth most of the time no but some of the time probably yes, just like most managers he gets it wrong (in our expert eyes that is). If you look at the games we should have won this season we have created shedloads of chances, you cant possibly blame HR for the goals not going in as we all know he would have sold his granny to sign a better striker last summer and in January.