SpursNetwork

Beckham..... Yes or No ?

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
Re: Beckham..... Yes or No ?
« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2011, 03:18:29 AM »
I thought this was well put:

"Never mind lifetime achievement awards at the age of 35, it will be quite an achievement if David Beckham ever manages to get a place in this Spurs team."

Keith Peacock, Charlton manager for the day, feared the worst when seeing the little Croatia midfielder standing at the side of the pitch at the start of the second half.

'As soon as I saw who was coming on, I knew we were going to have a problem,' he said. 'You love to watch him, but you don't want to play against him. Modric is up there, as good as any player I have ever seen.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1345500/Tottenham-3-Chartlon-0-Townsend-debut-goal-Defoe-double-helps-Spurs-forget-David-Beckham.html
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2011, 12:43:56 PM »
Could this media circus last any longer? Weird how it is turning out just as i expected all things Becks would.

Might still play Saturday or might not is the latest update. Can that even be quoted as an update?

HR will hopefully do us a favour and keep all eyes on beating Man Ure on Saturday and being ready to spend on one quality player as soon as funds arrive from sales.

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2011, 12:54:17 PM »
noticed that Ars*nal have just enlisted le cheat to train with them and provide some motivational speeches, coaching techniques and inspirational ball handling skills to the Ars*nal team while not undermining the coaching staff etc. No doubt the diving end of things is satisfactorily being managed by young wallcock already

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2011, 01:03:26 PM »
One headline that made my s**t itch ref our game vs Utd this week was Becks V Fergie I mean what the f**k is that all about, the media attracting has been isnt even our player!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!