SpursNetwork

Robbie Keane

Robbie Keane
« on: November 09, 2010, 07:37:05 PM »
i do think its time to let Robbie go  while we can still get a good price in the transfer market

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Robbie Keane
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 10:13:14 PM »
Its a tricky one and has been debated many times on forums but with our woes up front it will always be discussed until RK moves on.

Personally I think he still has a part to play this season though he is defeinately out of favour and looks way off form.  We need a quality in depth in our squad already this early in the season we are falttering and many believe its due to having CL footi and a squad that cant handle the work load, perhaps they are right. 

Again today vs Sunderland we didnt take the points  and RK wasnt even on the bench, I think if RK was to leave we wouldnt get a good price for him, I would rather see Crouch go RK stay and another proven striker join or Dos Santos get a grip and contribute.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 07:15:05 AM »
Agreed, Metalanimal, we will not get a decent sum for Keane anymore. He hasn't been playing and on the few given occasions he has looked off-form. After our recent mis-shootings I'd really love to see him given a good run 'cause that's what Keane needs.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 10:55:24 AM »
He hasnt been the same player like he was, just before he left for Liverpool.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 12:53:38 PM »
I think with RK its not so much him not being the player he was before he left its more like this IMO.

RK and Berbatoss were an awesome strike partnership that worked miracles and how they worked together flattered both their abilities and brought the best out in both.  If you remember before the days of Berbatoss, RK was a pretty average striker for us reliable and popping up with useful goals but not really terrorising the oppositions defence as the pair did!

Jumping ship to Liverpool and the outcome had its effects, but when he came back he did a job, now he is a mere shadow of his former self.  The reason I think is down to confidence dipping and knowing he is not favoured as its clear Arry hasnt forgiven him for that Xmas piss up or there are other issues elsewhere IMO.

If not why hasnt RK been given a run with our shocking goal ratio from our fit strikers, Keane has more ability and natural talent than Crouch any day and Pav is just Pav a lazy genious that cant be relied upon, we know Keane will work his arse off for us and a high work rate increase chances of goals!

We have nothing to loose and everything to gain if Arry shows some faith in RK and gives him a start in a few consecutive games and if he doesnt cut it then its a 7 mill tag (cant see much more than that) and off he goes in Jan but I feel he should be given that chance he could make a huge diference for us in the current state of things.

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 01:58:16 PM »
Now is the time to give Robbie a run out , he's proved he can do it and he can't do any worse than Crouchy !
If Harry s not gonna give him a chance then i feel he has to move on in January.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 02:54:56 PM »
Now is the time to give Robbie a run out , he's proved he can do it and he can't do any worse than Crouchy !
If Harry s not gonna give him a chance then i feel he has to move on in January.
He's injured so wont be playing today. I think Harry will be looking to move him on in January though. I dont feel he has ever been forgiven for last years xmas party shennanigans

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »
Injuried, another one in the med room, its gotta be a bit full in there now.......

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 08:55:14 PM »
I totally agree about RK, Metal. Something about the pairing of him and Berbatov worked wonders. They were lethal together. At United Berbatov has moments of brilliance, but even with better service he isn't as effective as he was when paired with Keane. Same thing with Keane. His instinct and movement is still very good. He gets in the right areas and is great at drawing defenders to create space. But when it comes to scoring goals he just doesn't seem to have it. I never watched him play for Celtic, but from what I read he didn't exactly set the place on fire. Most of his goals were from penalties for them weren't they?
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 09:53:15 PM »
He was piss poor at C*ltic but I think he found both the poor standard of football and the terrible pitches up here in Scotland just too much to handle. Seriously there was barely a blade of grass on most pitches in the league last season due to our rather long winter (October to June) this year!!

I dont see a RK and VDV combo working at all as Robbie loves dropping short so i think it is all over for him at Spurs now. I predict a 8mill sale to somewhere like Villa or Everton. I doubt he fancies another crack at Scottish football because as much as it pains me to say it.....it sucks.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 07:10:31 PM »
Sad to say i think Robbie will be off soon
COYS!

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 01:09:59 AM »
He was piss poor at C*ltic

Really?

He was voted their player of the year and he was only there a couple of months!....he scored 16 goals in 19 games ..if thats piss poor...im a Rangers fan!

99%(even all) Celtic fans would take Keane back in a heart beat...he had a outstanding few months with them.
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2010, 01:20:08 PM »
Well the three Celtic fans i play 5's with all thought he was piss poor so i will take the comment back if the rest felt he was brilliant. He played a few good games but playing against guys on £1000 per week you would expect him to?

16 goals in 19 games five of which came in two matches against Kilmarnock and many (not sure so won't commit) were penalties.

The fact he was their player of the season says a lot about the Celtic support and their Irish leanings. Before you ask i hate Rangers with a passion so no i am not 'one of them' and i wouldnt want this site to end up discussing just how crap Scottish football is.

I agree Celtic fans would still love him back bacause he is one of them but would he want to play in Scotland, im not so sure.