Jenas a regular AGAIN

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Jenas a regular AGAIN
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2010, 06:29:43 PM »
whether its 8 goals or 80 in a season, Jenas still outscored the rest of the midfield put together.... thats quite a feat for any Prem team player.

Jenas has already reached his high potential... the fact is that he has for the last 3 seasons been asked to play a more defensive role to allow the likes of the over-priced Modric or Kranjcar to get the free-role and support the attack..

with having to play the expensive Modric whenever he's fit and now having Bale excel at LM leaves Arry with quite a predicament.... I dont think he's happy to play THudd and Modric at CM of a 4-4-2.... things might just be about to change..

And so says the fountain of all Sh1te !!!

:2funny:

'Arry has been quoted saying that Modric is a world class player that would get into any team see the link below sh1te master

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/153584/Harry-Redknapp-Luka-Modric-makes-Tottenham-tick/

don't see anything about Jenas mentioned as a world class player or even an important player for spurs !!!

Jermaine Jenas has been a good player for us but as I said before better players have come on board and others have improved and left Jenas behind, he is now a squad player and will probably be one of the first players to be moved on when the time is right.

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2010, 06:36:17 PM »
i agree he will soon be out of the side he will be a good sub untile he is sold :2funny:

as soon as we have the full squad back he will again be warming the reserves....

modric,,
vdv
huddlestone
sandro
lennon
bale

where in the world would jj fit in with all these fit???????

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2010, 06:37:59 PM »
if I'd spent 22m euros on a player worth less than half that... I too would be bigging him up at every opportunity..

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2010, 06:50:19 PM »
100% Agree with Gareth here.

Have always been a massive JJ fan and feel he contributes so much to our team which just gets forgotten.

He's played three games this year and been superb in all of them, long may it continue

:up:

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2010, 07:10:23 PM »
if I'd spent 22m euros on a player worth less than half that... I too would be bigging him up at every opportunity..
Harry didn't buy Modric. I think it was Ramos or more likely a Commolli / Levy production.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2010, 07:36:30 PM »
Harry didn't buy Modric. I think it was Ramos or more likely a Commolli / Levy production.

I was waiting for the standard pedantic response, and you didnt disappoint.. let me spell it out for you..

the main thrust of my statement was that having spent 22m euros on a player, it makes sense to compliment his every touch of the ball..... to either get a good price upon resale and/or not make the club look too silly in spending double what he's really worth ...

a very good, skillful, neat player... but ultimately, not a fantastically EFFECTIVE one..

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2010, 08:20:22 PM »
i agree he will soon be out of the side he will be a good sub untile he is sold :2funny:

as soon as we have the full squad back he will again be warming the reserves....

modric,,
vdv
huddlestone
sandro
lennon
bale

where in the world would jj fit in with all these fit? ??? ???
Lennon and Bale cannot play in the middle and let's just wait and see until tomorrow before we start lauding Sandro as the next big thing. Jenas has been quite good in the few games he has played but unfortunately he falls in the same category as Bent - plays well irregularly, poor or invisible too often and will never be loved by Spurs fans. Maybe his reputation would become a notch better if he scored a couple against Ars*nal, Chelsea, ManU and CL final. Not going to happen, though... I bet he'll come good after a move away from WHL, it's the same old story.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2010, 08:27:54 PM »

I was waiting for the standard pedantic response, and you didnt disappoint.. let me spell it out for you..

the main thrust of my statement was that having spent 22m euros on a player, it makes sense to compliment his every touch of the ball..... to either get a good price upon resale and/or not make the club look too silly in spending double what he's really worth ...

How about Harry actually talks up Modric because he likes Croatians and rates Modric highly, that thought ever cross your mind??

if what you was saying is even a little bit true, Harry would be saying Pav or Keane are the best strikers the in world :lol:

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2010, 09:39:28 PM »
just cos a player isnt noticed in a game is not always a sign that he's not good.... a CM in a 4-4-2 employing wingers should be seen and not heard..

simpletons on the stands tend to note either the spectacular, the over-agressive or the truly bad players.... those that just get on with what the coach directs them to do with minimal fuss and not grandstand will fall into the category that Jenas and Bent (at Spurs) find themselves in ...

players that are excellent at what they are asked to do, are fairly selfless and are EFFECTIVE without the need to vulgarly grandstand or snarl and thump their fists constantly at refs to disguise their lack of quality..

PS - Arry is nearly always bigging up Keano, saying he's such an important player for Spurs etc etc... as for Pav: I think that he does rather like/want him to stay and therefore is far less gushing towards him.... ditto BAE and Kaboul...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 09:42:50 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2010, 11:43:57 PM »
So let me get this right a player 'Arry has complimented, called him world class and said Modric would get in most teams in the world just to raise his transfer value so he can sell him and then play Jenas in midfield....... stunning even you have surpassed yourself this time !!!!

You truly are a deluded fool Gareth you should read want you type, your footballing knowledge is pathetic and flawed at best, you truly are the fountain of Sh1te !!!!

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2010, 12:14:46 AM »
in your sublime ignorance Ugsy, you are actually right.... Modric would do alot better in the best teams in the world like Barca, Madrid and Chelsea: as those teams play virtually the whole game in the opposition's half cos the opponents are too scared to attack the big team...

Modric could camp inside the opponent's half and do his little thing there.... in the knowledge that he will rarely have to track back and cover space at pace 40-50 times during a game... he'd be in his little element..

shame he's a liability still when playing CM for 95% of the teams that are not world-beaters tho....

1 way or another.... Modric will play less and less in CM for this team now..... its inevitable, if you play THudd in there too...

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2010, 06:53:13 AM »
in your sublime ignorance Ugsy, you are actually right.... Modric would do alot better in the best teams in the world like Barca, Madrid and Chelsea: as those teams play virtually the whole game in the opposition's half cos the opponents are too scared to attack the big team...

Modric could camp inside the opponent's half and do his little thing there.... in the knowledge that he will rarely have to track back and cover space at pace 40-50 times during a game... he'd be in his little element..

shame he's a liability still when playing CM for 95% of the teams that are not world-beaters tho....

1 way or another.... Modric will play less and less in CM for this team now..... its inevitable, if you play THudd in there too...
Well, this theory of yours about big teams only attacking really is ridiculous. Your statement seems to say that every team capitulates in front of ManU, Real Madrid, Barcelona or Chelsea... I wonder how teams actually win or even score against them? You cannot build your tactics solely on attacking mentality and hope that everyone is afraid of you. A bit delusional, yes.

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2010, 08:43:57 AM »
Oh Riff if i may add, Teams always give their 150% more effort in the face of Barca, Chelsea, Man Utd and so called big teams. In fact i dont think these guys are always given easy games and that is why they are the best. Modric can slot in any teams in the world..

Heck if Modders isnt as good, i doubt 'Arry would get like 4 Croats in the team(Since they tick and have good cohesion). Heck what people cant see  is that Jenas is a much more liability in the long run. He is like a ticking time bomb ready to make the team lose. Last time under Ramos he played brilliantly and then he went downwards into a Division 1 player. Under Harry he had been performing since he does not need to play week in week out. Given the circumstances if he does play week in week out. Im willing to eat my hat by December or January he would lose his form and collapse and get the stick from us again..

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2010, 02:10:27 PM »
yes.... the biggest teams usually play against lesser teams that 'park the bus' for as long as is possible to maintain a draw (even more so if they fluke a lead ).....

alot of the games that the likes of Chelsea face are fought virtually around the penalty-box of the opponent.... in many of those games the lesser teams will hold out for a draw and simply defend their pen-box maybe the whole 1st half half even (sometimes even longer if theyre lucky)..

in those frequent circumstances it would be easy for a weak-running athlete like Modric, THudd or even Lampard (little pace) to have it easy and not run at speed up and down the pitch, like most CMs would have to do in a normal match between evenly-matched sides..

obviously you will do your best to refute this, cos you will like to.... but lets see how the lineup in CM develops as the season progresses... personally, with both Lennon and Bale as wide-middies, I think it will be increasingly rarer to see both THudd and Modric in CM...

the perfect scenario for Jenas to continue in the Spurs 'A-team' is about to emerge....in fact, it already is...

« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 02:13:17 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2010, 02:30:53 PM »
yes.... the biggest teams usually play against lesser teams that 'park the bus' for as long as is possible to maintain a draw (even more so if they fluke a lead ).....

alot of the games that the likes of Chelsea face are fought virtually around the penalty-box of the opponent.... in many of those games the lesser teams will hold out for a draw and simply defend their pen-box maybe the whole 1st half half even (sometimes even longer if theyre lucky)..

in those frequent circumstances it would be easy for a weak-running athlete like Modric, THudd or even Lampard (little pace) to have it easy and not run at speed up and down the pitch, like most CMs would have to do in a normal match between evenly-matched sides..

obviously you will do youre best to refute this, cos you like to.... but lets see how the lineup in CM develops as the season progresses... personally, with both Lennon and Bale as wide-middies, I think it will be increasingly rarer to see both THudd and Modric in CM...

the perfect scenario for Jenas to continue in the Spurs 'A-team' is about to emerge....in fact, it already is...

Ah that would explain why the lesser club Tottenham Hotspur managed to beat the bigger club Chelsea 2-0 with a midfield of Bale, Modric, Huddlestone and Lennon, sooooo in effect once again you are talking absolute Bo**ocks !!!

No need to refute this as you have already disproved your own argument and you the fountain of all sh1te strikes again !!!!!

You had this argument on PlanetSpurs and were shot down in flames over Jenas a while back give it up or marry him it's the only way !!!

So far I would guess 95% of the sh1te you spout is complete fantasy and has been proved to be by the Team, 'Arry and others on this board, try joining us in the real world or supporting a club that is full of dillusional idiots and have a manager that also lives in a fantasy world.......... try Woolwich Wanderers