Jenas a regular AGAIN

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Jenas a regular AGAIN
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 06:02:32 PM »
I'll never be a SUPPORTER of any Prem club, as the prices for games are totally exhorbitant... I will continue to be a fan of Spurs for the forseeable future...

as for Jenas being in the team cos Modric is injured, you are right..... but dont be at all surprised if Arry feels that a THudd-Modric CM pairing in a team uysing 2 wingers who play very wide will be very difficult to sustain..

yesterday's option of using vdV on the right cutting inside to yet again have Spurs playing the 'virtual 3' in CM worked very well I thought.... but it will need a RB to overlap with pace, confidence and ability to attack as well as defend.... for that we only have Kaboul... tho Hutton attacked well (we needed that) when he came on yesterday..

Therein lies your problem Gareth and to be honest I don't even think you count as a fan mate, reading some of your posts !!!
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 06:10:50 PM »
put it this way Ugsy.... I'm as much of a SUPPORTER as you are... and probably more of a genuine fan too..

Arry does have a possible option to use tho, with impunity, in breaking up the huffing-puffing-after-50mins pairing of |THudd-Modric at CM... he could sub 1 of them and claim he was keeping them fresh for the next game in CL/Prem/whatever, and bring on Jenas or even Palacios for the majority of the 2nd half...

if he persists in the early season pairing of THudd-Modric right thru games over 90mins+.... we will lose many games and drop points all thru the season..

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 06:58:03 PM »
Gareth I doubt you'll ever be more of a Supporter or even a fan as I am, I'm an ex season ticket holder and used to go to WHL with my old man from the age of 8. So don't even go there about genuine fans as you my friend don't tick any of the boxes when it comes to supporting a club like Spurs.

As for Modric and Huddlestone who played together for most of the season last year and  oh when we beat Chelski, Ars*nal and Man Citeh who was our central midfield pairing ?

You really are a deluded fool if you actually think you know anything about the beautiful game, your constant drivel about tactical analysis and line ups plus your assasination of certain players character and ability is distasteful at best.

Your belief that Jenas is one of our best midfielders just goes to prove your ineptitude, we have moved on and Jenas is no longer a top player in our squad others have improved or come aboard and he has slipped down the pecking order..... deal with it !!!

:ohyeah:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 07:37:56 PM »
Ugsy my dear girl... you are now being rather opportunistic in your statement about THudd-Modric playing most games last season, as you yourself know very well that Modric operated mainly from  LM and we had Palacios-THudd in CM in the vast majority of games...

Modric played about 3-4 games in CM at the season-end against teams where we were mainly sitting back and  playing counter-attacking football.... both Modric and THudd didnt have to get up and down the pitch much...

as I said, it'll be interesting to see if Arry perseveres with THudd-Modric in CM whenever possible... or whether he will look for the slightest excuse not to play them in CM together for trhe full duration of games..

and if Bale goes in January... Modric could well find himself back at LM again (with Kranjcar as backup)..

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 07:48:49 PM »
and if Bale goes in January...
God, give me strength.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 11:39:54 PM »
and if Bale goes in January...
God, give me strength.

And if you go in January (or Before) Mr Keown the party will be long and hard

:dance:

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 12:59:12 PM »

and I too will be glad to give you the rare opportunity to associate yourself with those 2 particular adjectives..

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 02:23:23 PM »

and I too will be glad to give you the rare opportunity to associate yourself with those 2 particular adjectives..
Dare to elaborate your comment?

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 03:30:48 PM »
Ive read somewhere about the commentator saying about Jenas's Performances against Warder Bremen.

It seems he did alot of back pass that really destroyed our counter attacking moves. So if that didnt help us score i dont know what is.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 04:26:58 PM »
Jenas making 2 back-passes during a whole game would constitute too many..... you sheep really do live up to the stereotype dont you ??.... Jenas also scored more goals from midfield than the rest of the midfielders at Spurs put together, just 3 seasons ago... something Modric will never achieve.

Jenas will now go on to cement a regular place in the side within the need to operate a rotation-system to account for the 2 games a week schedule...

I like  :up:

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 04:44:11 PM »
Jenas also scored more goals from midfield than the rest of the midfielders at Spurs put together, just 3 seasons ago... something Modric will never achieve.

Jenas' goal scoring record isn't that great.... and IMO should be and could be better. On average Kranjcar has a better goal scoring record from midfield than jenas for a midfielder.

Anyway, it's what works best for the team... if we where going by goals, keane would be in our side every week.

IMO if i was to name our best starting 11 Jenas would not be in it, he would be on the bench
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 04:55:06 PM by Biggs »

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 04:56:34 PM »
Jenas' scoring record under Jol (when he was allowed to get forward alot more) was fantastic, as he was playing as a true box-to-box central-midfielder.... Kranky plays the free-role where he is the 1 cutting inside and playing in 'the hole' behind the 2 strikers, as did Modric...

both Kranjcar or Modric at LM had far lesser defensive chores than any of the 2 CMs we use...

I think Arry is now seriously looking to change the system in order to shore up the poor defensiveness of 2 CMs comprising a tiring, slow pairing of THudd-Modric...

possibly adapting to a 3-4-3 using Bale and Kaboul/Hutton as wingbacks... this will allow for Modric/Kranjcar/vdV to play in 'the hole' mostly.... and still allowing for 2 solid CMs (from THudd, Jenas, Palacios, Sandro) to screen the back3.... back3: perm 3 from King, Bassong, Gallas, Kaboul, THudd.... the last 2 to play there when needed (with other options used at RB and CM)..

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 05:20:14 PM »
Jenas' scoring record under Jol (when he was allowed to get forward alot more) was fantastic, as he was playing as a true box-to-box central-midfielder.... Kranky plays the free-role where he is the 1 cutting inside and playing in 'the hole' behind the 2 strikers, as did Modric...

The most Jenas has ever got in one season is 8 goals. In 2006/2007 season when we finished 5th, Jenas scored 6 in the League and 2 in the Cup

Now in a season where we did pretty well, that's far from fantastic.

Like i said before, i don;t think Jenas is s**t... but i just feel like i have been saying for ever how much potential jenas has...now it got to the stage, this is all we are going to get from him, no more.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2010, 05:28:15 PM »
whether its 8 goals or 80 in a season, Jenas still outscored the rest of the midfield put together.... thats quite a feat for any Prem team player.

Jenas has already reached his high potential... the fact is that he has for the last 3 seasons been asked to play a more defensive role to allow the likes of the over-priced Modric or Kranjcar to get the free-role and support the attack..

with having to play the expensive Modric whenever he's fit and now having Bale excel at LM leaves Arry with quite a predicament.... I dont think he's happy to play THudd and Modric at CM of a 4-4-2.... things might just be about to change..

Offline Storts

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2010, 06:28:17 PM »
100% Agree with Gareth here.

Have always been a massive JJ fan and feel he contributes so much to our team which just gets forgotten.

He's played three games this year and been superb in all of them, long may it continue