SpursNetwork

Jenas a regular AGAIN

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Jenas a regular AGAIN
« on: September 18, 2010, 04:06:05 PM »
so nice to see JJ back to the side where he belongs.... had a solid 1st game against Bremen on Tuesday and in the team again today..

be sure that JJ will be as good as the support he will get from the fanbase..... and not a tad more.

better get used to him.... again.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Jenas a regular AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 04:19:20 PM »
As soon as Lennon gets back on form i'm pretty sure Jenas will be out again.

One thing i don't like about Jenas, he never seems to play well with another CM.

We all know football is about partnerships all of the field, Center Back's, Center Midfielder's, Stiker's, Fullback and Wingers.

and jenas never has a good partnership with any of our CM.

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 05:24:05 PM »
I must admit he did ok today but he still lacks that bit of creativity and cutting edge. Why on earth is Harry not playing Krancjar!? Hes quality!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 05:34:50 PM »
not sure where you iz coming from there Biggsy... Jenas has mostly played with another CM within a 4-4-2 for Spurs for about 6yrs now..

1st partnership with Carrick til 2006... a very good partnership indeed

2nd with Zokora.... we finished 5th 1st season, in Europe most yrs..

3rd with Palacios....did fantastically well after Arry joined, and coincided withour great 3month spell when we went from relegation to nearly Euro-qualification..

Jenas is the 1 CM that seems to form good partnerships with any of the other CMs.... as he can compliment the other CM in so many ways.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 06:06:28 PM »
so nice to see JJ back to the side where he belongs.... had a solid 1st game against Bremen on Tuesday and in the team again today..

be sure that JJ will be as good as the support he will get from the fanbase..... and not a tad more.

better get used to him.... again.

Modric, Lennon and even Bentley all fit and available........ Jenas binned get used to it, back up player at best now !!

Not even going to make an argument about, glad he played well today as he is part of the squad but we have better and far more creative players at tottenham.

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 06:15:12 PM »
not sure where you iz coming from there Biggsy... Jenas has mostly played with another CM within a 4-4-2 for Spurs for about 6yrs now..

1st partnership with Carrick til 2006... a very good partnership indeed

2nd with Zokora.... we finished 5th 1st season, in Europe most yrs..

3rd with Palacios....did fantastically well after Arry joined, and coincided withour great 3month spell when we went from relegation to nearly Euro-qualification..

Jenas is the 1 CM that seems to form good partnerships with any of the other CMs.... as he can compliment the other CM in so many ways.

Sorry Gareth but I disagree, out of all of them Carrick is the only one he had a good partnership with. The others i don't think he did personally.

When ever Jenas plays with Palacios or Hudds, i always get the feeling that they don't know weather to sit back or go forward... there never seems to be a good understanding which leads to holes in the middle.

I think Hudds and Palacios have a far better understanding of each others roles when they play together.

IMO Jenas should attack more, become more a of Attacking midfielder. But he prefers to sit deep and pick passes. Then you get Hudd or Palacios going forward and Jenas isn't the greatest of Tacklers to sit deep and break up play.

Don't get me wrong i don't think Jenas is s**t, but i just think the way he plays he gets in his partners way.

I will never forget the time when Hudds started to break into the team and it was like Jenas had a Vendetta against him and just wouldn't pass the ball to him even if hudds was the better option.

If Jenas could adopt a more attacking role, more VDV esque. I think he could play a much bigger role in our team because i think he far more effective attacking than he is a holding the midfield.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 06:17:55 PM by Biggs »

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 06:33:06 PM »
most of you will always fall into the well-worn trap of not noticing the creative qualities of simply occupying the right spaces at the right moments of any game....

also you miss the point about the need for both CMs in a 4-4-2 using winger(s) to play a conservative role... Jenas is simply our best allround CM which is exactlyt what the role requires in OUR system of play... not just a great passer like Hudd... or a guy to make a tackle like Palacios..... a player with the technical AND athletic qualities that can do all the tasks of a CM over the full 93mins of a game..

as for when Modric, Bentley (lol) and Lennon(?) being fit and pushing JJ to the bench....for 1 thing (apart from maybe Modric) none of them are capable CMs.....maybe Modric is a better option alongside THudd, but the pair run out of steam very quickly after 50mins or so..

expect to see more of Jenas in the team..

alot more.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 06:35:43 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 08:07:20 PM »
Bollocks. Fishing as usual.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 09:03:05 PM »
The only thing regular about Jenas is his place on the bench. Like Hutton, Jenas is a good squad player and he will get games with our busy schedule but he other than that, he shouldn't be in the first 11. In my opinion we have 4-5 better midfield players than Jenas now.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 09:05:16 PM by dedleysting »
COYS!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 09:34:40 PM »
I love watching Jeans missing open goals and giving the ball away.

Gives my blood pressure the world of good.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 09:43:13 PM »
so I guess then if Jenas continues to play regularly in the team, when we have so many far better CMS in the squad, it must mean that Arry knows less about performance, tactics regarding football than most of you experts...

its amazing how none of you have ever coached a Prem side before.... or maybe the clubs simply cannot afford your stellar wages...

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 10:13:02 PM »
Gareth you can't call 2 games because Modric is injured, playing regularly.

When modric's fit, if Jenas then plays 3 or 4 games in a row... then you have a point.

But 2 games because we have a injury, is not really a good enough argument.

Jenas had a good game Wednesday so he has been given a chance today...same will probably happen to Hutton. He will get a chance in out next game because of this performance today... dose that then mean Hutton is a regular? :lo:

and as for this comment;

its amazing how none of you have ever coached a Prem side before.... or maybe the clubs simply cannot afford your stellar wages...

You're in the same boat as us pal...so it means your evaluation is just as meaningful or meaningless ( how ever you wanna take it ) as ours.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 10:20:47 PM by Biggs »

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 10:45:30 PM »

You're in the same boat as us pal...so it means your evaluation is just as meaningful or meaningless ( how ever you wanna take it ) as ours.
I think Martin Keown has done some coaching for Ars*nal.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 12:18:13 PM »
most of you will always fall into the well-worn trap of not noticing the creative qualities of simply occupying the right spaces at the right moments of any game....

also you miss the point about the need for both CMs in a 4-4-2 using winger(s) to play a conservative role... Jenas is simply our best allround CM which is exactlyt what the role requires in OUR system of play... not just a great passer like Hudd... or a guy to make a tackle like Palacios..... a player with the technical AND athletic qualities that can do all the tasks of a CM over the full 93mins of a game..

as for when Modric, Bentley (lol) and Lennon(?) being fit and pushing JJ to the bench....for 1 thing (apart from maybe Modric) none of them are capable CMs.....maybe Modric is a better option alongside THudd, but the pair run out of steam very quickly after 50mins or so..

expect to see more of Jenas in the team..

alot more.

So now your a supporter or are you a fan LOL !!!!

:2funny:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 12:45:34 PM »
I'll never be a SUPPORTER of any Prem club, as the prices for games are totally exhorbitant... I will continue to be a fan of Spurs for the forseeable future...

as for Jenas being in the team cos Modric is injured, you are right..... but dont be at all surprised if Arry feels that a THudd-Modric CM pairing in a team uysing 2 wingers who play very wide will be very difficult to sustain..

yesterday's option of using vdV on the right cutting inside to yet again have Spurs playing the 'virtual 3' in CM worked very well I thought.... but it will need a RB to overlap with pace, confidence and ability to attack as well as defend.... for that we only have Kaboul... tho Hutton attacked well (we needed that) when he came on yesterday..