Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: BSC Young Boys v Tottenham
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 07:32:54 PM »
Starting Line up

Gomes, Bale, Corluka,  Assou-Ekotto, Dawson, Bassong, dos Santos, Palacios, Modric, Pavlyuchenko, Defoe

Offline StartingPrice

• Mark my words...summits gonna happen!
  • Hero: Mabbs
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 07:40:37 PM »
ive put myself down for a golf comp, i can't believe what i was thinking  :tickedoff:

I can't believe you were thinking :lol:
If you can't change the World, change yourself...and if you can't change yourself, then, change the World.

Offline AuburnSpur

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 08:30:56 PM »
COYS!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 08:33:50 PM »
What a load of s**t  :tickedoff:

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 09:40:55 PM »
In our face. Again! I am sorry but I cannot be content with a 2-3 loss. Credit to Young Boys, though. 1-0 would send us through but I really do not know what to think right now.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 10:05:18 PM »
absolutely no leadership at the back without King Ledley..... Dawson was to the back4 what Pav was to our attack but minus the goal after 24,000 shots..

the 2nd goal summed up our rightside-defence weakness to pace..... the guy just waltzed thru afte giving Dawson 3yds start and finished with ease, with our 1-paced captain trailing in his wake..

then in the 2nd half we got skinned again on the rightside with Dawson back-pedalling and the cross ended with the guy shooting over the bar..... 5mins later Dawson again made a very reckless tackle which a more astute player would have easily gained a penalty from...

it wasnt all errors by Dawson, our whole team looked rudderless and without coherence UNTIL THE HUDD CAME ON..... halllelujah for abit of a cool head under pressure... and we looked a different team from then onwards..

if we continue with the slowest rightside-Back2 in possibly the whole of Europe, never mind just the Prem, we will deserve everything that comes our way...

Arry mate, there's a chap on the dog-n-bone for you..... some French geezer named William...

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 10:13:34 PM »
We were awful so we can count ourselves lucky to get away with only been 1 down.

COYS!

Offline 2guntex

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves, Pat Jennings,
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010, 12:06:40 AM »
Could not believe what i was seeing like some horror show,a full seasons work gone in what 28 mins,so happy to be 3-2 down after that show,felt sure crouch would be on for pav but that was a great strike, could not see it coming.

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 12:55:55 AM »
so many played below par, dazed and confused Palacios was dreadful. Since he is no longer first choice he has become half the player. Worst game for the improving BAE Pav was very sloppy up to the goal (which was a wonder strike) Defoe did not cover himself in glory and the two CBs were asleep for half an hour

Gio played well enough but fluffed his chance by not squaring when on goal

Thank god for Thud

Offline GingerPele

• Hero: Lineker
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 01:41:04 AM »
That was seriously bad for my health (when is watching spurs ever good for your health!!)
I have not seen us defend that bad in a long time.  Surely Harry has to really focus on recruiting a CB now.

Thank God for Thud, he made a huge difference when he came on and although he has his faults at least he could pass more than 5 yards and connect with a team mate. I also felt that Keano made an impact towards the end with his experience ensuring we were not handing possesion back to YBS when we needed to retain the ball.

Overall I cant see us playing this bad in the return game at WHL and would be confident of us getting the result required.....however we are spurs and you just never know. COYS!!

:spurs:

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2010, 06:38:34 AM »
Highlights Posted  :up:

Offline bigv

Re: BSC Young Boys 3-2 Tottenham
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2010, 08:39:46 AM »
Dawson is a liability and his inability to turn at speed or lack of pace is always likely to be found out at some stage especially in ledley's absence. I agree with other posters that palacious was awful and Defoe was anonymous really. Dos santos doesnt warrant another start as i feel he was largely inefffective over the 90 mins. Pav was ring rusty which can be expected of a player who rarely ever starts or is hauled off after a while if he does. Keane again looked sharp and despite my hatred of him should partner Pav up front against stoke. I think they could work well together.

last nights performance may encourage Harry or more importantly Levy to get off his ass and buy a decent defender before its too late. Well done to tom huddlestone. His arrival changed the game for us. Pav deserves credit for sticking to his guns despite things not going his way. The guy will shoot from anywhere!!!!

Despite a horrific start I cant deny the sense of overall relief at the final result. Harry's got some rebuilding to do.

C.O.Y.S

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2010, 09:49:51 AM »
Palacios is such an overrated player, he is an acident waiting to happen.

I hate watching Spurs when he plays he is a liabilty, his passing is terrible. If we get in to the group stages and play top teams then Palacios will be a liabilty.

Anyway, not blaming him for the defeat, just having a rant. The whole team was awful until Hudd came on.

Offline samtheball

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 10:50:02 AM »
Dawson was good until he got his England call up  Hutton  would have been better on that pitch

but keep your chins up God looks after his own
:ohyeah: