SpursNetwork

Taarabt's big future

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Taarabt's big future
« on: March 23, 2007, 06:15:41 PM »
Chris Hughton predicts a future of great promise for young midfielder Adel Taarabt.
The 17-year-old introduced himself to English football with a late cameo appearance at West Ham a few weeks ago and, with us trailing 3-2 at the time, he was able to make something of an impact by embarking on a mazy run and winning the free-kick from which Dimitar Berbatov levelled.

Of course, we went on to win the match through Paul Stalteri's late strike, but Adel's debut became a significant talking point among supporters.

"It was no surprise because one thing he has shown in the period of time he's been here is that he is a confident lad - and I mean that in a nice way," said Chris of the player who joined us from Lens in January.

"Adel is clever on the ball, prepared to take players on, whether training with the young reserve team group or us in the first team. There is no difference or fear in his game.

"Certainly we know that he is capable of doing something, it is about finding the right moments. He showed that when he came on at Upton Park with his touches on the ball and, of course, his involvement in the free-kick that allowed Berba to score.

"What we do forget at times though is that he is 17 years of age and for him to have any impact in the first team at such an age is testament to the quality he has.

"I think the lad has got a big future."

This kid certainly does have a great future from what I've seen. When he came on against Wet Spam they couldnt get the ball off him. Let's hope he fulfils his obvious potential.

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Taarabt's big future
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 07:34:17 PM »
He needs game though, the ressies will help but 1st team action will really help him progress.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Taarabt's big future
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 03:52:20 PM »
I think we should play him more often, he looked really goof against wet spam

Offline Daniisco

Taarabt's big future
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 04:06:02 PM »
yeah only first team football will help his game progress. Hopefully he can get a few cameo appearances come the end of the season.

Taarabt's big future
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 09:06:49 PM »
i am a little confused by his contract. is it a loan with an option of a five year contract? if so how much will he cost?

Offline Daniisco

Taarabt's big future
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 09:59:38 PM »
Yeah its a weird one. I believe he's on loan untill the end of the season then will sign a 5 year deal with us as you said. Not sure about the fee though.

Taarabt's big future
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 11:51:44 AM »
i am abit concered that chelsea will pinch him some how.

Offline Cyril

Taarabt's big future
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 11:57:59 AM »
Looked great in brief appearance at Upton Park: would definitely like to see more of him.

[First posting, looks like an interesting site.  Good luck with it.]

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Taarabt's big future
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 01:30:55 PM »
I thought that as it was a loan deal we would see alot more of him, obviously I was wrong but I heard we have a pre-contract agreement.